Resume Tips

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

free resume writing help

Current Discussions (424) - Start a Discussion

dbates215@gmail.com in Cumming, Georgia

Updated 22 months ago

Need help with resume!!! Foreign veterinary graduate no previous jobs looking to get a job as vet tech - 4 Replies

Hi everyone. I have a degree from a foreign vet school but I didn't have a chance to work in the field and hence a lack of experience. I am looking...

CJ EasyWayResume in Roseville, California

Updated 22 months ago

Divorce and Relocation - 5 Replies

Hello everyone, I would like some advice for my resume. Last summer, I left a job in Florida for a new job in Colorado due to a divorce. I had a...

Linda in Wake Forest, North Carolina

Updated 22 months ago

listing a job twice on your resume - 9 Replies

I worked at a company for 2 years then left and went to another company. That job did not work out and so i went back to the other company. Do I list...

batty66762 in Pittsburg, Kansas

Counting yrs of experience when working a few jobs at once?

Hi im hoping to get your advice on something really simple that confuses the hell out of me, which is counting yrs of experience. Heres my experience...

JD in Yerington, Nevada

Updated 24 months ago

Been Self Employed since graduation from college. - 3 Replies

I recently have made the decision to finally end my landscaping company and have been applying to numerous jobs over the past year and a half to land...

maxilvient3 in Delmas, Haiti

Updated 24 months ago

Where to put training on Indeed resume - 3 Replies

Hi! I want to post my resume on Indeed but first wanted to know if anyone can give me advice on this. I have clinical training but no work...

Dmnutt1 in Jefferson City, Missouri

Resume & Cover Letter for Previous Employer

I am applying for a position with a previous employer and would appreciate some advice on how to best present my resume and cover letter for this...

Michele

Updated 24 months ago

HR folks, weigh in on the tips in this article - 34 Replies

Well... I'm not in the tech industry. I wouldn't even claim to have had a career. I just need a *job* and I'm not being too picky. I worked in...

seeker110 in Massachusetts

Updated 25 months ago

How do you add a certificate program in progress on your resume - 1 Reply

Hello, I have my BS in Biochemistry and my work experience is in research. I want to get into QA/QC or Regulatory Affairs. I started two...

seeker110 in Massachusetts

resume – showing quantifiable results in creative work

I was recently advised by several people I needed to show quantifiable accomplishments as a result of my creative projects on my resume and portfolio...

Hotdiggity in Ajax, Ontario

Updated 25 months ago

MRI resume help - 1 Reply

i'm trying to get an awesome objective statement and it's just not popping.. what do you guys think? Currently it says this - I am currently...

cdisalv in Largo, Florida

Updated 26 months ago

Resume Structuring - 2 Replies

I have worked as a mechanical engineer for just under 30 years. I first took a contract assignment about 8 years into my career after working as a...

ADTX in Arizona

Resume Advice - Returning to work after 10 years

Ok so here is my situation. I started working in IT 12 years ago, worked for a company for 2 years and then became a stay at home dad. I have now...

Hotdiggity in Ajax, Ontario

Updated 26 months ago

Critique my resume - 2 Replies

I'm applying in banks for customer service rep, teller, and investment advisor assistant. I uploaded my resume here www.sfu.ca/~jcm14/Critique.doc...

jenab in Austin, Texas

Updated 26 months ago

Cultural Diversity Experience - 2 Replies

I just graduated from a very culturally diverse college. And by diverse I think I met someone from 2/3 of the countries in the world at some point...

my advice in Chicago, Illinois

Updated 26 months ago

short term jobs - 4 Replies

I was wondering if I should include a job I obtained for 4 months while working a job that I am still working and have been working for almost 2...

JD in Yerington, Nevada

Updated 26 months ago

Microsoft Certifications - 13 Replies

Should I put the certification acronym (MCSE, MCITP) after my name of just leave the certification listed under Qualifications headding? The people...

JD in Yerington, Nevada

Updated 26 months ago

I finished the coursework for my degree but it won't be awarded for a while. How to put on resume? - 1 Reply

I finished all the coursework for a masters degree but unfortunately, because of policies they won't officially give me the degree until this coming...

jenab in Austin, Texas

Updated 26 months ago

How To Re-Write Thess Phrases To Give It More Impact - 1 Reply

Hi, Can anyone give me some suggestions on how to re-write the following phrases to better fit a resume and get recruiter`s attention. ...

Bluetea in Texas

Updated 26 months ago

What is the use of Cover Letter - 8 Replies

Hi friends,May I know what is the use of Cover Letter?With out cover Letter is it okay to send Just Resume to anyone.

Viddy in Cincinnati, Ohio

Updated 26 months ago

Choosing which responsibilities to list on your resume - 2 Replies

I'm trying to update my resume and I am having a hard time narrowing it down and just want to see if anyone has any advice. I currently manage a...

Kylie Dowell in Sydney, Australia

Updated 27 months ago

Can I put a volunteer job on my resume? - 4 Replies

So I've been unemployed for the past 8 months. I am seriously looking for a full time job, but starting to really worry about the ever growing gap on...

Kylie Dowell in Sydney, Australia

Updated 27 months ago

Resume Titles - 5 Replies

What title would you put if you ran your own business for the last 10 years, than started another business? Owner,President,CEO,Entrepreneur? I...

jenab in Austin, Texas

Updated 27 months ago

Resume experience - how to list 2 weeks and 2 1/2 months experience or should I even?! - 2 Replies

There's about 1 and 1/2 years of downtime from working in my resume for which I volunteered and took classes. I also worked two jobs that for 2...

Parafreegal in Chicago, Illinois

Updated 27 months ago

temp to hire positions on resume - 2 Replies

Hello, I worked at a company where I started as a temp through an agency and then was later hired on full time. What's the best way to indicate this...

jenab in Austin, Texas

Updated 27 months ago

FIRED AND EMPLOYMENT GAP NEED HELP - 9 Replies

Okay so at my last place of employment I did something completly awful which resulted in me going to jail and getting fired. Now it has been a little...

jenab in Austin, Texas

Updated 27 months ago

How to include "Company Split" in Resume - 1 Reply

Hello I worked in private Managing partnered ( 4 partners ) IT firm called "Company A" for 2years 7 Months. Then because of some Internal...

Bluetea in Texas

Updated 27 months ago

professional looking email address - 5 Replies

My personal email address is currently my initials (RMA) followed by four one-digit numbers @gmail.com. Currently, I use my university email address...

jenab in Austin, Texas

Updated 27 months ago

What to include on a resume - 3 Replies

I graduated college 2 years ago, and I've been at my first real professional job ever since. Am I at the point where I should ONLY include...

yatatay in Modesto, California

work experience question

I had a position as an assistant store manager at a retail store X, resigned from there to take a customer service position at retail store Y, now 4...

Fraulein Herbst in Florence, Italy

How can I improve my resume?

Hello! I had to write a cover letter for a teaching job, but it still looks like incomplete to me. I would love if someone here can correct it for...

Nick in Somerville, Massachusetts

Updated 28 months ago

Resume help :is the use of the letter "I" in the beginning of a sentence acceptable? - 1 Reply

I am writing a resume and someone told me that i should get rid of the letter I in the beginning of a sentence. For example "I have worked ...." .So...

Raiden in Singapore, Singapore

Updated 28 months ago

Non Credit Classes on resume? - 2 Replies

I've heard that non-credit online courses can help "boost your resume." But how exactly should they be listed on a resume? Under the education...

Updated 29 months ago

Short-term listing VS gap - 1 Reply

I was laid off from a job in June 2011, then in November started what was supposed to be a 2 year contract job. However, in February the job lost...

LOJ in Eugene, Oregon

Recent DUI & job offer

I recently received a job offer as well as a DUI. Perfect timing, right? :/ A week before getting the job offer I was dropping a friend off (who...

james bennet in Los Angeles

Updated 29 months ago

Resume advice - 2 Replies

Just wondering if anyone sees any glaring issues that I've missed. =) This is my updated resume, after the old version failed on me hundreds of...

mari in San Francisco, California

Updated 29 months ago

how to list au pair job on resume - 1 Reply

Does anyone have advice about how to list an au pair job on your resume? I googled "au pair on resume" and found resumes FOR au pairs...however, I'm...

Kwissy in Chicago, Illinois

Left employer for 3 months then returned - how to explain on resume?

Here's my employment history that I need to figure out how to illustrate without raising red flags: Company A from March 2006 to July 2011. ...

ccb1233 in Redondo Beach, California

Updated 29 months ago

resume 2 pages - 3 Replies

Is that still ok to have? Also my longest job was in banking over years 13 yrs, 1977 to 1990 If no gaps are frown upon, then I have to list them...

nick in Somerville, Massachusetts

Updated 29 months ago

gap explaination - 6 Replies

Hoping someone here can help me...I left a job at the end of 2010 which I had for 13 years. We were moving and I planned to find a new job in our new...

George in Downers Grove, Illinois

Updated 30 months ago

I need help - 2 Replies

Hi I've been working since 2002 I have more experence in costomer service why is it that I can't find a job right now but yet again I put in...

John621 in Denver, Colorado

Updated 30 months ago

listing numerous jobs, temp , part time, self employed etc. - 3 Replies

I have been in the workforce for almost 25 years , and for the last 12 I have been solidly working for just one IT company, the problem is that from...

rels2001 in Tel Aviv, Israel

Mentioning patents that are in the process of being filed in my CV

Hello, In my current job, I happened to write several patents (both alone and with other co-inventors). Some of those patents are not yet filed...

regular josephine in Portland, Oregon

Updated 30 months ago

how to list jobs from many years ago - 2 Replies

I have just left an office administrative job after 5 yrs. Before that, I worked only a few part time jobs while raising children. I'm looking for...

nick in Somerville, Massachusetts

Updated 30 months ago

Should I include jobs that last under 1 year on my resume? - 5 Replies

I have a tricky situation. In 2005 I was laid off and it took me about 5 months to find a new job and a month to wait for my start date. I had the...

Updated 30 months ago

Can I withhold my former employer? - 1 Reply

I formerly worked for a person in Congress. This person has made some enemies within certain special interests. I am now applying for a job within...

Updated 30 months ago

how can i explain holding out for work closer to home and avoid commuting - 3 Replies

i was fired from my last job about two yrs ago. it was a 45 mile commute each way with no one to carpool with. i was there about 3-4 yrs and before...

dontwanttobea99er in Somerville, Massachusetts

Updated 30 months ago

*Resume help!* Can you opt to not have a reference for a job? - 1 Reply

I am a recent college graduate with a biology degree. I have a decent resume, having held all of my jobs for a long time and having great references...

Bluetea in Texas

Updated 30 months ago

Resume Gaps and Past Employer that is no longer in business Questions - 23 Replies

I too am looking for the best way to explain an almost 10 year gap in my employment history...I left the workplace about 2 years after I had my son...

Mike in Spring Hill, Florida

Updated 30 months ago

Resume Advice - 3 Replies

I am wondering, is there anyone who is either in HR or who is very knowledgeable about what is the current and most wanted trend in resume "form and...

Page: « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.