Resume Tips

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

free resume writing help

Current Discussions (685) - Start a Discussion

Chicago Suburbnite in Illinois

Updated 17 months ago

Gaps in resume - 3 Replies

Hello guys, I would like talk about my resume, as I have finished school, there are large gaps in my resume. When I was going to school, I was...

Duck! in New York, New York

Updated 17 months ago

Question About A Professional Email - 8 Replies

My current professional email address that I use on resumes is firstNameLastName2@hotmail.com. I already know that the "2" makes the email look less...

JessF in A Sandy Beach

Updated 17 months ago

Education I Haven't Started Yet... - 3 Replies

This is probably dumb, but should I include education I am about to begin on my résumé? Probably not right? I just graduated from high school, can I...

serendipity13 in Indiana

Updated 18 months ago

2 questions: one department with multiple jobs and employment gap - 4 Replies

I have two separate questions and am looking for assistance on how to include in my resume. 1. At my previous employer, I worked in the customer...

Updated 18 months ago

Where on my resume do I include my volunteer work? - 3 Replies

I have no work experience due to my situation but I do have volunteer work and I am wondering where do I include it.

Leeann66 in South Western Ontario

Updated 18 months ago

Opinions/help on my resume? - 8 Replies

I recently quit my last job at an animal hospital due to poor working conditions, but in the couple months since, I've found that employers aren't...

AndyRising in a State of Bliss

Things You Should Remove From Your Resume

Objective This section use to stomp me. I never really knew what to put in this section. I use to include the typical over-used line about being a...

Updated 18 months ago

American, trying to write his first CV - 1 Reply

Hidy ho all, I'm an American trying to apply for some jobs overseas. Or at least, outside of North America. Now, all of these positions...

radiance04 in Savannah, Georgia

New chance at life...

I've been stuck in my current job for over 2 overs and although i'm so thankful to have had that job, I didn't enjoy it. I felt like i was dying...

Leeann66 in South Western Ontario

Updated 19 months ago

Business Closed - 8 Replies

So I have quite the unique dilemma. All but one of the businesses I worked for in the past have closed their doors. I don't have any personal contact...

Updated 19 months ago

Ok to put a 2 month job on a resume? - 4 Replies

So I worked a government contract, but only did it for 2 months cause the contract ended. Was pretty high profile and would look good on a resume,...

Felix Delmante in Chicago, Illinois

Updated 19 months ago

Resume Review - 3 Replies

Hello, I have been applying for jobs since mid-December. I would like to get into Talent & Development or eLearning. Would anybody be willing to...

Updated 19 months ago

No Experience Min. Wage Application/ Resume Advice - 3 Replies

I figured I'd basically put my other thread here, thought edited, to see if it'll help in getting more specific application/resume advice, which I...

Updated 19 months ago

selective position wording in cover letter - 2 Replies

Hi All, I am looking for a position in Merchandising. Merchandising companies cater to multiple types of businesses for their placements. I have...

KeepAHappyFace in State of Confusion

Updated 19 months ago

Suggestion for listing Staffing Agency/Contract Jobs on Resume. - 1 Reply

Hello, I recently did my resume and Within 4 years I was contracted through 3 companies assigned to the same location and after the 3rd contract...

Updated 20 months ago

Listing Irrelevant, Obsolete Positions On Resumes (yes or no?) - 9 Replies

I have a one page résumé with 3 relevant clerical positions on it (my 7-month receptionist/administrative assistant position with the accounting...

2Legit in Cincinnati, Ohio

Updated 20 months ago

Bad resume or under qualified? - 7 Replies

My family and I will be moving from the Columbus, Ohio area to the Cleveland, Ohio area in the very near future. I assisted my wife in writing her...

Updated 20 months ago

How to list government contractor job on resume when your company changes - 1 Reply

Say I got a job at a company, and then the company loss the contract and the new company picked me up. How is the best way to note this on the...

Updated 20 months ago

We do not allow vulgar language, personal attacks, or advertising in our forums. Please edit your comment appropriately. - 6 Replies

What on earth could be on my resume that prompted this roadblock?

Sux2_be_me in Phoenix, Arizona

Link to a formatted version

Thanks! https://my.indeed.com/r/Jane-Doe/d40b530e3edaa263?subfrom=t

Jsant186 in Centereach, New York

Updated 20 months ago

Resume Question - 2 Replies

Hi guys, just have a question about what I should put as my current job title. I was an overnight manager at my current job, but due to store...

Resume Assassin in Austin, Texas

Updated 20 months ago

Resume Help - 9 Replies

I am trying to apply for video production jobs for the summer and I need some help with my resume. I don't have professional working experience but I...

JHalen in San Jose, California

Updated 21 months ago

Multiple positions same company - 3 Replies

I have been at my company for over ten years and over that time I have accumulated more and more responsibilities. These responsibilities could be...

xboxer in Scottsdale, Arizona

Updated 21 months ago

(Rant)Cannot beleive i have been on this website looking for work now for 3 years and cannot get employment at ALL - 5 Replies

I thought I would use this section of the forum to basically not to vent but take the pressure off my mind-set of using this website for 3 whole...

One-Shot Bob in Williamston, South Carolina

Updated 21 months ago

Resume critique - 16 Replies

I want to know how these 2 resume looks. Which one is better, and is what I can do to fix them to make it look better. Indeed stripped out all the...

A3 in Birmingham, Alabama

Updated 21 months ago

Resume Review Tips - 6 Replies

Hello all, I've been on the job search since I graduated with a BA in Computer Science in July of 2015. I have sent over 100+ applications and I...

Indeed Hunter in New York, New York

Best List of Resume Tips - with examples - Should help you if you're struggling to write your resume

http://resumesumo.com/resume-tips/ Key takeaways - Keep the format simple, readable, and professional Less is more, white space is okay Ditch...

Updated 22 months ago

In bad shape, need a resume review - 4 Replies

I don't know what to do, write, ask, or anything at this point. If anybody could spend a couple seconds and review and critique my resume, it...

Marko837 in New York, Illinois

Updated 22 months ago

I need help with my cover letter - 10 Replies

I think its okay, but I need suggestions on how to make it better. What should I add? What should I leave out? Here is is my CL without the closing...

Marko837 in New York, Illinois

Updated 22 months ago

Could somebody check my formal letter? - 3 Replies

Dear Sir/Madam, I am writing to express my concerns about my last visit In your fitness club. Contrary to the description in the invitation, my...

Trying to Help in Detroit, Michigan

Updated 22 months ago

Finding the HR manager for larger companies is often impossible. Who do I address in my cover letters? - 5 Replies

I have been unable to reliably/confidently identify the hiring manager of any company I have recently applied to and was forced to either make an...

Updated 22 months ago

Github and demo links on resume - 2 Replies

Is it a good idea to add Github & demo(hosted on server) url's on resume. I am a new graduate applying for front end & software developer positions....

vyoong

Resume Critique: Switching IT positions after 3 years experience (Support->Business Analyst)

Please view resume at https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx3UN8ehnLTyLWt2Q05BdnRUMDA/view?usp=sharing Hi all, I am looking for any advice for...

resume kate in Manassas, Virginia

Updated 22 months ago

Applying to be on part of a team when management positions are advertised - 5 Replies

A company is hiring for a Manager Learning & Development. I do not have adequate management experience for the position but would love a position...

Tempor1 in Ashburn, Virginia

Updated 23 months ago

Ad quality rater in resume - 2 Replies

I am working part-time as an Ad Search Quality Rater. As I am looking for a full-time job, I am not sure about updating my resume with this...

Not Donald Trump in New Jersey

How to list a position on a résumé for which you were rehired?

I had worked for Company A for some time, then started work at Company B, then was rehired at Company A. Should I list Company A twice on my résumé,...

Updated 23 months ago

Need help finishing resume for call center. - 1 Reply

I'm applying for a job at an Apple call center as a support technician. I'm trying to make my resume geared toward the job i'm applying for. Any...

Updated 23 months ago

Why isn't my whole resume being uploaded to jobs? - 1 Reply

I applied for a job about a month ago through Indeed and used the resume that I filled out through indeed. When I got to the interview, they had...

Updated 23 months ago

Resume with very little college hours - 1 Reply

I'm trying to finish up my resume. How would I or would I put on my resume my college information when I have very little. I have over 25 years of...

realism37 in Georgia

Updated 23 months ago

How to explain a legitimate employment gap in a resume - 27 Replies

Hi, I graduated from college in 2006 and decided to take a little time off after school after I got cold feet about going to law school (4 years...

Executive Plus in India

Updated 24 months ago

I'd like to revise/review your resume - 2 Replies

I'm working to obtain my certification to become a Nationally Certified Resume Writer. Right now what I need is practice. If you would like me to...

Avis Hulalby in San Diego, California

Updated 24 months ago

Free Cover letter and Email Cover Letter Downloads - 3 Replies

Visit this website: http://www.interviewghost.com IAS Syllabus and question papers,IAS Examination, NDA question papers, Cds Question Papers, Call...

realism37 in Georgia

Updated 24 months ago

Resume lies - 11 Replies

We know that many people lie on their resume. However, lying on resume is dangerous as it can get one fired as well as sued. It is better to stick...

Duck! in Sunnyvale, California

Updated 24 months ago

Writing samples. - 6 Replies

Some jobs I want to apply for ask for writing samples to be submitted with a CV and cover letter. This is very unspecific and puts me off a bit....

CareerTuners in Los Angeles

Updated 24 months ago

attached resume - 2 Replies

I want attached my resume

TGPII in Chicago, Illinois

Updated 24 months ago

How to Get Found by Recruiters on LinkedIN - 2 Replies

Recruiters use LinkedIn to actively search for candidates now without even advertising the position. Optimizing your linkedin profile for keywords is...

Updated 24 months ago

Including my PhD? - 1 Reply

I am looking to begin a career in Instructional Design. I have been teaching for 25 years and I have experience with online learning via my teaching...

inbalnce in Mississauga, Ontario

Updated 24 months ago

Resume format chronological? combination? - 4 Replies

I have worked so hard on my resume. I did some research and decided to use a combination chronological format. If I use a chronological format,...

Career SkyRocket LLC in Pontiac, Michigan

Updated 25 months ago

Resume Writer - 8 Replies

Does anyone have any recent recommendations for a professional resume writer? Specifically one that has experience with writing Digital Marketing...

CareerTuners in Los Angeles

Updated 25 months ago

Should I show side work on resume? - 4 Replies

I work full-time as a software engineer and a year or so ago I did a side project on contract that I worked on nights and weekends over about 6...

Page: « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.