Change order of items (e.g. skills) on resume?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (14)

Andrew in Mount Laurel, New Jersey

22 months ago

Hi all,

I can't figure out (if even possible) how to re-order items on my resume.

For example, I'd like to change the order of skills so that the areas in which I have the most experience are listed first.

It appears my only two options for skill items are edit or delete.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks,
Andrew

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

AndyRising in a State of Bliss

22 months ago

I think you've got it figured out. For stuff like the Skills list, if you want to rearrange it you'll probably have to rip out what you've done and start from scratch.

That's pretty typical for those kinds of lists. Many online application systems are the same way... if you inadvertently enter your work experience or education history in the wrong order, you may have to start from the beginning to achieve the order you want.

Reply - Report abuse

FJ in Newport, Kentucky

19 months ago

Andrew in Mount Laurel, New Jersey said: Hi all,

I can't figure out (if even possible) how to re-order items on my resume.

For example, I'd like to change the order of skills so that the areas in which I have the most experience are listed first.

It appears my only two options for skill items are edit or delete.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks,
Andrew

test

Reply - Report abuse

Tim7o7 in Waltham, Massachusetts

13 months ago

any luck on this? I can't figure out how to edit my work history to be in chronologial order. I seems that it just filters it to be alphabetical.

Reply - Report abuse

516 in Plainview, New York

12 months ago

has anyone figured this out yet?

i started again from scratch and carefully entered in the order i wanted for work history, but still does not work...

Reply - Report abuse

LP in Newport, United Kingdom

11 months ago

I just found this thread whilst trying to figure out the same thing. Then my computer froze and I had to restart it and reopen everything and when I logged back in to my Indeed CV, all the items I had just added were now in chronological order! So refreshing the page seems to work for getting the Work Experience section in order, at least!

Reply - Report abuse

Jenny in Royal Oak, Michigan

9 months ago

Yes! Refreshing the page worked for putting my work experience in order!

Reply - Report abuse

2Legit in Cincinnati, Ohio

9 months ago

I don't have a skills section on my resume... I have my accomplishments/skills embedded within each job I've worked.... and kudos I've received from jobs go at the top of the section for that job.... so if a job posting requires that I know Excel or PowerPoint, I'm covered, because that's included in work I did for Company B or C... if they want to know that I know how to use certain software, that's covered in my daily work with Company F... I like to show practical ways of how I used my skills through jobs I've performed.

Reply - Report abuse

Teresa in Jacksonville, Florida

6 months ago

I just updated my indeed Resume. I added my most recent job, however, it is listed last. How do I change the job order so it will appear at the top of the history where is belongs? There doesn't seem to be a mechanism to do this.

Reply - Report abuse

AndyRising in a State of Bliss

6 months ago

Teresa, I just added a recent job to my Indeed resume.
When I did that, the job appeared at the bottom of the list.
But when I refreshed the web page,the job appeared at the top. So try that.

Reply - Report abuse

Richard in Waltham, Massachusetts

5 months ago

Clearly, it has to be an indeed website flaw. We just to get enough people to message them saying there needs to be a tab to help re-order our experience in any category!

Reply - Report abuse

craigjonanderson in Hobe Sound, Florida

4 months ago

Richard in Waltham, Massachusetts said: Clearly, it has to be an indeed website flaw. We just to get enough people to message them saying there needs to be a tab to help re-order our experience in any category!

I agree that this is an Indeed website/resume flaw. Generally, with a resume, the most current item is first. Yet in the "publications" section, articles are listed in regular chronological order with the OLDEST article first. The articles need to be listed in REVERSE Chronological order showing the NEWEST article first.

Reply - Report abuse

Guajira in Ottawa, Ontario

4 months ago

Hi Teresa, I tried to refresh the web page and still my first job in Canada is shown in the middle of other ones where I worked after that. Any other suggestion, please?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Me in Arlington, Texas

3 months ago

This is an incredibly helpful tip! Thank you so much for sharing this solution to the chronology problem. It worked exactly as you said and is so nice. It relieved a lot of stress to be able to do that!! Thanks again, LP in Newport UK!

LP in Newport, United Kingdom said: I just found this thread whilst trying to figure out the same thing. Then my computer froze and I had to restart it and reopen everything and when I logged back in to my Indeed CV, all the items I had just added were now in chronological order! So refreshing the page seems to work for getting the Work Experience section in order, at least!
This

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.