Critique my resume

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Camster in Surrey, British Columbia

26 months ago

I'm applying in banks for customer service rep, teller, and investment advisor assistant.

I uploaded my resume here www.sfu.ca/~jcm14/Critique.doc

Thanks for your time in advance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jeff in Denver, Colorado

26 months ago

Keep in mind this review is by someone whose resume has not gotten them a job offer:
If you could provide something less vague than "Knowledge of", it would be nice. I have knowledge of many fields that I don't know enough about to actually work in. Also, your summary of qualifications has mixed tenses. If you're still working, do you still provide excellent customer service or is that something that you used to do?

Hotdiggity in Ajax, Ontario

26 months ago

I find it a bit generic almost like you took the wording from a job ad.
Try and be specific about what you did and quantify not only your achievements, but name specific goals.
For example:
• Monitored, organized and restocked warehouse and retail inventory
These are tasks.. change them to organizational actions you took to better your work environment.

In your own words maybe something like this:
• Organized 20,000sq/f retail warehouse and led quarterly inventory measures to 98% efficiency.

With my example, the numbers mean nothing and whether you did this or not wont matter to a prospective employer. But, it's shows you made a difference and were not a peon in the warehouse, but a productive team member who took ownership and pride of the work.

My best advice is to look on Indeed for resumes within the field your looking.
Some people are really creative with their wording and I've used some of it myself.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.