Describing multitasking on resume

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Dawn in Fairmont, Minnesota

68 months ago

I'm trying to come up with wording to give examples of multitasking on my resume. With my resume I pick out attributes that are asked for in the ad and then list my experience with those such as organization, computer skills, customer service, etc. Well, I'm trying to list bullet points under multitasking. Even though I have considerable experience I am really struggling with how to word it. Any suggestions?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Kat in Cohasset, Massachusetts

11 months ago

I recently used "Having just earned my MBA, I was constantly being called on to multitask, balancing my responsibilities between courses at night, and part time, complex contract work during the day. I also consider myself to have a strong aptitude to communicate with supervisors to determine each task's priority and deadline so I can better plan out my work."

Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

John in MD in Catonsville, Maryland

11 months ago

Some jobs can involve multitasking, others not so much. For customer service, perhaps an example of multitasking would be communicating with the customer while entering their info into the computer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

AndyRising in a State of Bliss

11 months ago

I don't specifically call out multitasking on my resume, and always thought of my work as one main task with frequent interruptions for other tasks. If I were to list it all out it would look something like this:

Developed online training courses.
Located and verified content for that training.
Assisted junior developers when they had questions and problems.
Responded to client calls and emails.
Researched issue reports and provided appropriate responses.
Coordinated workflow with other team members.
Updated the project management system with a record of completed work.
Wrote support materials for marketing.
Entered production data in the database.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

John in MD in Catonsville, Maryland

9 months ago

Well, it looks like the "code" has been discovered by the spammers (or at least one)....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.