Emailing Resumes

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Jojo in Toronto, Ontario

72 months ago

Hi Everybody,

Just a quick inquiry I have, Would it be ok for a professional position to lets say email your resume and cover letter to those "Blackhole" email addresses (where everyones resume and cover gather), and hand deliver a copy? (they say its ok to drop it off)

Also when Emailing a resume and cover letter, i understand to put just a simple message citing position and who you are, but how would you normally do that, do you attach the Cover letter and Resume as two seperate documents, or do you put them all as one document? ( Cover First, 2 page resume after, so 3 page document all together) Just inquiring,

Thanks
All

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

K.C. in Seattle, Washington

71 months ago

It's been while since you posted this question but I noticed you had not gotten a response. Just in case someone has a similar question, here are my two cents.

If you have the opportunity to drop your resume off, do it. It affords you an opportunity to make a human connection and you are guaranteed that an actual person will have looked at your resume, even if it is just for a few seconds.

If you are emailing your resume, I have two suggestions:

1. Use the text from your cover letter as the body of the email. Attach your resume AND the cover letter (in the correct format). You just need to mention that you are attaching both. This way, if the recruiter or screener prints your documents for review, they will both look professional.

2. Write a short, effective email introducing yourself. It needs to have a bit of a hook so that the recipient is moved to open your documents. Of course, attach your resume and cover letter.

I hope that information helps.

K.C.
www.TandemResumes.com/Resumes/Home.html

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

bubles in San Francisco, California

67 months ago

hello this is the daily news and it is 9:19 AM and it is a lovning morning with cloudy and sunny rain here today and yesterday it started hailing in front of the houses eith load rores and then it started raining outside we think that it will rain today and tommorrow if not then you can sit down and relax at martians beach waching all the bireds go by anyway lets see how are trafic man is doing on to you camron
thankyou julia yes it is a lovely morrning toaday anyway look at down here in the east bay you can see there are some low trafic but early in the week we will start cutting down some more free ways to back down as you can see there is a accident on the center lain and 2 people are ingered pritty badly but nothing seireous well we will see you after the brake. by julia

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (34) Reply - Report abuse

Hopefully Looking in Glen Allen, Virginia

62 months ago

Honestly I've had better luck in getting interviews by hand delivering my application versus emailing.

I feel it's a great way to view the organization first hand and I always drop off my application with a business card with the receptionist.

Plus be sure to ask for the HR/Hiring Manager's info from the receptionist and be sure to send that person a thank you note for their assistance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

mlvacopoulos in Charlestown, Australia

62 months ago

John Plummer in Seattle, Washington said: Any advise on what to put in the "Subject" line when emailing a resuem.

'In regards to your advertised position' or
'In regards to position advertised'

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.