Fired in Probation Period . Resume tips ?.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

Detroit in detroit, Michigan

36 months ago

A lot of companies fire you when you get close to being hired in & they are just users then they hire someoneelse hmm

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mike sandg in Peru

36 months ago

i did'nt understand you Detroit.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

They Changed My Town & Now It's Wrong in Saylorsburg, Pennsylvania

36 months ago

If you only worked that job for 2 months, leave it totally off of your resume and just say you were "unemployed."

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

mike sandg in Peru

36 months ago

What if they reveal that i was employed there for 2 months ?.
Is it legal?

36 months ago

Hmmm...Hey Mike...Did you travel from Jordan to Peru overnight??? Or are you two different people?

Anyway, if Peru is asking me "What if they reveal..." above, my answer is how are "they" going to reveal anything if you don't tell the new employer who "they" are and "they" are not on your resume or an application. Legal? 2 months really isn't employed and it was a 'probationary' situation where the employee/employer can 'terminate' at will...sounds more like temp job that went absolutely nowhere for either side. So why even mention it in the first place?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

mike sandg in Peru

36 months ago

Hi , i'm mike and it doesn't matter the country ,

and i got you'r response , but i'm asking now if i didn't mention it , they will ask me why you left your previous employer to be unemployed ?

what shall i answer this question ?.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

36 months ago

Because the job you left was not a 'good fit' and you had thought that being unemployed was better than going to a bad situation every day. But, now you realize how tough the job market has been...even though 2 months is not that long in today's job market, it seems. Which is why saying you were unemployed for 2 months is not a big deal.

Or, say you did have a job, etc., but you didn't put it on your resume or an application because you felt the experience really did not contribute to your skills or otherwise enrich your capabilities (or life). (Big words, but by all means make them your own...don't sound like you're way over your head.) "A 'bad' paycheck isn't always better than no paycheck.."

I really wouldn't worry about it too much. It was 2 months...not fired after 4 years for embezzlement. Of course, if you did do that, well, then you're on your own! ;-) But really...if you don't make too much out of it, neither will the potential employer. It just wasn't a 'good fit" (HR words) no matter how you look at the situation. So rather than making it more than it has to be, treat it as you just moved on from the situation and are now trying again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

mike sandg in Peru

36 months ago

Well , Thanks for your replies .

You've given good answers .

but you know company has references and may can reveal it even if i didn't till any body .

is it ?

Jean in Riverside, California

36 months ago

I think part of the concern is that these jobs are going to show up on a background report. A lot of companies run credit checks now and some of my jobs have shown up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Danielle in Andover, Minnesota

34 months ago

I am in the same situation. I am still putting it on my resume because it is experience and shows that I did have initiative to find a job and work. I also made sure that I could use them as a reference still. And going to ask them if I can have a letter of recommendation written just so that I have something to show future employers that I was still a good employee.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.