Frustrated with my resume.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (12)

Frustrated801 in Salt Lake City, Utah

31 months ago

Hi everyone. As the title suggests I am frustrated with my resume and not getting called for an interview. I was wondering if I could get some much needed help here? I can't copy and paste my resume here as there is not enough room. I will upload it somewhere if someone could please help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Linda in Wake Forest, North Carolina

29 months ago

I used beachresume.com - maybe she can help you as well?

if you can post your resume maybe we can look at it and give suggestions here?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

29 months ago

Linda in Wake Forest, North Carolina said: I used beachresume.com - maybe she can help you as well?

if you can post your resume maybe we can look at it and give suggestions here?

Is the she, really you? LOL!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Linda in Wake Forest, North Carolina

29 months ago

ha! not hardly! lolol

forgive me for trying to help someone when so many helped me in my journey.... :/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

18 months ago

Frustrated801 in Salt Lake City, Utah said: Hi everyone. As the title suggests I am frustrated with my resume and not getting called for an interview. I was wondering if I could get some much needed help here? I can't copy and paste my resume here as there is not enough room. I will upload it somewhere if someone could please help.

Wow I had completely forgotten about this post. lol But I am back and am wondering if anyone would be willing to go over my resume to make sure there isn't any outstanding problems with it? I am not good at this stuff but I need a good resume to send into prospective employers. I know it's not that good I am just not sure where to improve or how to improve it.

Jason Mantle in Singapore, Singapore

18 months ago

Frustrated801 in Salt Lake City, Utah said: Hi everyone. As the title suggests I am frustrated with my resume and not getting called for an interview. I was wondering if I could get some much needed help here? I can't copy and paste my resume here as there is not enough room. I will upload it somewhere if someone could please help.

Hi!

I got my resume professionally done. The company offers other unconventional resumes as well, apart from the standard professional resume. styleresumes.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

18 months ago

Jason Mantle in Singapore, Singapore said: Hi!

I got my resume professionally done. The company offers other unconventional resumes as well, apart from the standard professional resume. styleresumes.com

Yeah alot of people are going that route now days, I just can't afford it at this time. As soon as I get the money I am going to get it professionally done though.

Need New Job in Chicago, Illinois

18 months ago

For all of you who go for a highly styled and/or unconvential résumé, you better not be applying anywhere that uses applicant tracking software like Brassring or Taleo. Your résumé will never see the light of day.

If you lay for help, you should be looking at the content, not the layout.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

18 months ago

Need New Job in Chicago, Illinois said: For all of you who go for a highly styled and/or unconvential résumé, you better not be applying anywhere that uses applicant tracking software like Brassring or Taleo. Your résumé will never see the light of day.

If you lay for help, you should be looking at the content, not the layout.

So I should stick with a chronological format? What is the accepted format?

Kerbster in Aurora, Colorado

17 months ago

Frustrated801 in Salt Lake City, Utah said: Wow I had completely forgotten about this post. lol But I am back and am wondering if anyone would be willing to go over my resume to make sure there isn't any outstanding problems with it? I am not good at this stuff but I need a good resume to send into prospective employers. I know it's not that good I am just not sure where to improve or how to improve it.

Even if you are not LDS you can used the resources at your local LDS Employment Center. They also have several free classes you can take that will help you in your job search. Go to L D S Jobs dot org and register. They are concerned about your employment, not your conversion, etc. Great place to start and get good help with your resume, etc.

findjob in North Carolina

17 months ago

Frustrated801 in Salt Lake City, Utah said: So I should stick with a chronological format? What is the accepted format?

Have you been on interviews yet?

Rez Writer Brandy in Ohio

17 months ago

So chronological or not is the question right now. I tend to write many of my resumes for customers in a skill base format. Why I like this format is because it save a lot of space and it prevents repetition of skills. But most importantly it allows you to put the most relevant skills up front rather than spreading them out thru the entire document and it won’t ‘date’ your skills. Oh and it’s so much easier to quickly tweak for specific employers. It’s just all around user friendly and easy to read.

There is still need for chronological format but you have to be wise when choosing that style. I write for www.hemphilljds.com

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.