Help, with my resume please

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

icedmunkie in Barrowden, United Kingdom

23 months ago

Hello,

I'm wondering, if I can get some help with my CV, I'm a fully qualified motor mechanic, but trying to get out of the workshop and into a field or testing role, I have experience in many fields but more of a jack of all trades, I have the relevant qualifications, but don't ever seem to hear back from the jobs, I would be interested in. I know if I sent my CV for an mechanics job then I would hear back but I am trying to either sidestep or move away from the garage scene completely.

I have thought about, getting an engineering degree but with commitments this seems quite impossible, so I am happy to start lower down and work my way up just need to get in the door.

How far back do you go in your work history, I have changed jobs a fair few times over the years, which I suppose does not look good either.

Any advice or help would be very much appreciated.

Chris

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

boatman in santa ana, California

21 months ago

the resume writer i hired had me go back 13 years, but it was all long term, steady employment. im not sure what the best thing to do when youve had several jobs?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Paragon Resumes in New York, New York

20 months ago

How far you go back depends a bit on the formatting of your resume, but somewhere between 10 and 20 is the norm. My suggestion is to hit about 15 years, then edit to see how much you can fit on one or two full pages.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Gradvocates Resumes in Hoboken, New Jersey

18 months ago

How long is your resume? Generally the idea is to tailor the resume for each job to which you apply. Put the greatest amount of most recent and relevant jobs that you can fit on one page. Change the descriptions to emphasis different skills or responsibilities relevant to each position to which you are applying.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.