NEED RESUME SAMPLE/OR IDEA

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (13)

Ralphy J in South Orange, New Jersey

82 months ago

Hello,

I just graduated from highschool last year, and am now in my second semster of my freshman year. I want to apply to become a Lab Consultant. Basically, what this entails is I will help those in the comuter lab of the library with computer issues, refill the printer tray and refill the printer's toner if needed.

I am not that worried, as my mother attended this same college and whenever the lab consultants couldn't help her(which was always), she'd come to me. I'm very good with compters and I feel i'd be better, because from my own experience, none of them know how to help someone with a computer.

I have a part-time job(which I currently go to on college breaks and holidays, I worked fulltime during highschool) as a cashier/salesperson at Marshall's. I've had this job since my junior year of highschool, but this jas nothing to do with computers and becuase of the lack of knowledge of the lab consultants I've come in contact with, I don't think i need to have worked with IBM or something.

So, bascially, part of the application asks for a resume. I had one from highschool that I used when applying, but that computer crashed, so I no longer have access to it.

The main question is how would I go about arranging the activities I've done in highschool, along with my job at Marshalls and my experience with computers into a resume?

I hope I didn't come off as cocky, but I just wanted you to realize i wasn't applying for a carrer or anything. This is just a part-time thing in my college to basically keep the computer lab running smoothly.

A sample resume or some direction would be very much appreciated.

Thank you so much to anyone who can help.

Sincerely,

Ralphy J

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Ralphy J in South Orange, New Jersey

82 months ago

I also have one more question. Should I even include my GPA? My highschool one was not very good(2.8), but the one from my first semester is much better(3.4). Or should I leave out the GPA entirely?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bob Harcourt in Bloomingdale, Illinois

81 months ago

Ralphy J in South Orange, New Jersey said: Hello,

I just graduated from highschool last year, and am now in my second semster of my freshman year. I want to apply to become a Lab Consultant. Basically, what this entails is I will help those in the comuter lab of the library with computer issues, refill the printer tray and refill the printer's toner if needed.

I hope I didn't come off as cocky, but I just wanted you to realize i wasn't applying for a carrer or anything. This is just a part-time thing in my college to basically keep the computer lab running smoothly.

A sample resume or some direction would be very much appreciated.

Thank you so much to anyone who can help.

Sincerely,

Ralphy J

Your best bet at this point is like this:
Name, address, phone, email
Skills List: Be very descriptive, don't say "computer expert" say "Proficient in Access, Expert in Word, Excel, HTML" and make sure they are current.
List of Jobs, with years only (To show you have work experience)

If the GPA is less than 3.5, I would leave it off.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

danah in La Jolla

80 months ago

Ralphy J in South Orange, New Jersey said: I also have one more question. Should I even include my GPA? My highschool one was not very good(2.8), but the one from my first semester is much better(3.4). Or should I leave out the GPA entirely?

Why don't you aks them what is required and then act accordingly?

I think someone posted here resume tips or something...

Job Search Dolphin in Tampa, Florida

78 months ago

Guide

Here's what could be a helpful link re: resume writing-
jobstar.org/tools/resume/samples.php

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Career Hunter in Denver, Colorado

78 months ago

Guide

Job Search Dolphin in Tampa, Florida said: Here's what could be a helpful link re: resume writing-
jobstar.org/tools/resume/samples.php

There is some good stuff there. Ironically, their job search engine is a link back here to Indeed.com.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Joe in Terre Haute, Indiana

58 months ago

Just typed in your search suggestion domino and came up with this.

www.resumes-cover-letters-jobs.com/resume-examples.html
Also the school library will probably help you out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mich in Svätý Jur, Slovakia

32 months ago

Try www.resumesimo.com - it's free resume builder which for sure will help you a lot.

nalaing in Las Vegas, Nevada

26 months ago

There are a lot of free resume examples online that you could check. You could check this site for example www.resume-help.org/free_resume_examples.htm. This will help and guide you specially on the structure and the content of the resume.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

garcespr in Union, New Jersey

8 months ago

Careerbuilder.com can give more insight on creating resumes.

SarahReed in New York

8 months ago

This might help you :) This blog is especially for the Resume starters and for the people who don't know where to begin proresumehelp.wordpress.com/2014/02/05/starting-your-resume-from-scratch/ This will give you a direction.

Regards,
Sarah Reed.

lamondboyce in Lynnwood, Washington

8 months ago

Here are some helpful tips on writing resumes/cover letters. sampleandtemplate.com/how-to-write-a-resume/

lamondboyce in seattle, Washington

8 months ago

Here are some helpful tips on writing resumes/cover letters goo.gl/MLxUGs

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.