Refresh Resume to move to top of list

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (19)

Bluetea in Texas

60 months ago

Writer2734 in Charlotte, North Carolina said: I understand that to avoid moving further down on a list of resumes, job seekers need to refresh their resumes periodically by making changes. What, exactly, do I need to change, and how often?

Every 30 days, I delete my resume entirely. Then, I wait a few days and repost it.

Old resumes are about as appetizing as old tuna salad.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Fogcity Girl in San Francisco, California

60 months ago

I have noticed that every time I refresh my resume on sites like Careerbuilder and Monster, I get a call. Well, I haven't done it recently, but it is a good idea, especially after January 1.

Reply - Report abuse

dontwanttobea99er in Somerville, Massachusetts

60 months ago

the only calls I get from careerbuilder are insurance companies who will hire anybody with a network. They don't want you....they want you to sell their product to your network of friends and family. If you don't have one, don't bother applying.

Reply - Report abuse

Ella in Skokie, Illinois

60 months ago

The results from my resume are scam artists! Emails from agencies all over the country that have a job for me. They don't realize that some of the jobs they are telling me about are more than 50 miles away. Local agencies also contact me and tell me that they have "several" openings and want me to come in and register ASAP. I am on break this week along with the managers who are on the beach in Hawaii with family. Who is thinking about hiring on this slowest week of the year?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Parafreegal in Dolton, Illinois

60 months ago

I don't know what people are referring to by "refreshing" their resume to get to the top. I took my resume off of all online job sites after getting nothing but the aforementioned insurance scams and health insurance phone calls. Sometimes, when I apply for a job off of CB, I'll notice I'll start getting more spam as well. CB is probably the worst legit job site of them all, not including scam sites like Jobfox.

Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

60 months ago

Parafreegal in Dolton, Illinois said: I don't know what people are referring to by "refreshing" their resume to get to the top. I took my resume off of all online job sites after getting nothing but the aforementioned insurance scams and health insurance phone calls. Sometimes, when I apply for a job off of CB, I'll notice I'll start getting more spam as well. CB is probably the worst legit job site of them all, not including scam sites like Jobfox.

I agree 100%. Job boards are also the prime hunting grounds for recruiters. They pay a monthly fee to comb through all the resumes.

Weeding out the legit jobs from the scams, schools and kitchen table corporations is a job in itself.

Reply - Report abuse

dontwanttobea99er in Somerville, Massachusetts

60 months ago

CareerBuilder is almost nothing but nonsense. I'd like to hear about the good job that someone got off of there, because I don't think anyone has.

Reply - Report abuse

Paul in Coppell, Texas

54 months ago

CAN YOU ADVISE ME

HOW TO DELETE OR REFRESH MY RESUME FROM INDEED ?

Thanks

Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

54 months ago

Paul in Coppell, Texas said: CAN YOU ADVISE ME

HOW TO DELETE OR REFRESH MY RESUME FROM INDEED ?

Thanks

You'll have to go into your account. Find Resumes. Find Edit Privacy Settings. At the botton, you'll see Delete Resume.

You should delete your resume every 60 days. Wait a week and then repost. Recruiters pass on resumes with old time stamps on them.

Reply - Report abuse

jrowe in Los Angeles, California

48 months ago

Hello,

You need to post your resume on Monster, Careerbuilder and other such sites, including Indeed. Once a week or more, re-post your resume to keep it on top of the "newly posted lists", so Headhunters can find you. Every job I have gotten in the last 15 years has been from these first two sites, but I keep a resume on several other sites, such as Indeed. The BEST part about these sites is that "Headhunters" (Recruitment Firms) find your resume on these boards. If you have a good resume, post it on these sites and let them find you. Good companies hire these Headhunters to find good candidates, and they always comb through Careerbuilder and Monster to find good resumes.

Reply - Report abuse

MW in Henderson, Nevada

36 months ago

I refresh everyday on every site and if I am consistent with that strategy get a call about 3 times a week for relevant jobs.

Reply - Report abuse

Dog_Guy in Miami, Florida

36 months ago

I took my resume down from all of these type sites long ago, never once did I get a reputable inquiry from having it up

Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

36 months ago

Dog_Guy in Miami, Florida said: I took my resume down from all of these type sites long ago, never once did I get a reputable inquiry from having it up

I never did either. Just spam.

Reply - Report abuse

Better.luck.next.time in Hudson, New York

36 months ago

Parafreegal in Dolton, Illinois said: I don't know what people are referring to by "refreshing" their resume to get to the top. I took my resume off of all online job sites after getting nothing but the aforementioned insurance scams and health insurance phone calls. Sometimes, when I apply for a job off of CB, I'll notice I'll start getting more spam as well. CB is probably the worst legit job site of them all, not including scam sites like Jobfox.

I'm getting nothing but annoyed from Career Builder, too!

Reply - Report abuse

36 months ago

Dog_Guy in Miami, Florida said: I took my resume down from all of these type sites long ago, never once did I get a reputable inquiry from having it up

I'm really tempted to delete every one of my accounts on job sites except Indeed.com.

Let me qualify my decision by saying that if you are in my field (graphic/web), there are a few regular scammers that, despite being reported regularly, are allowed to keep posting on other job search sites. Indeed.com is the only site that keeps those losers out of their search results.

Reply - Report abuse

36 months ago

Plus, when I upload a new resume here, I don't get 5 calls from people trying to sell me more education.

Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

36 months ago

Better.luck.next.time in Hudson, New York said: I'm getting nothing but annoyed from Career Builder, too!

They are horrible with all the offers to sell whole life insurance.

Reply - Report abuse

Darren in Saint Paul, Minnesota

18 months ago

When you say refresh, does just "updating" certain sections of your resume constitute refreshing and get your resume to the top of the list again? Thanks

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

AndyRising in a State of Bliss

18 months ago

Darren in Saint Paul, Minnesota said: When you say refresh, does just "updating" certain sections of your resume constitute refreshing and get your resume to the top of the list again? Thanks

It might, as long as you have to hit a "Save" button when you're done making changes.

But I think most people mean that they delete an old resume and upload a new copy... even if it's actually the same resume.

Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.