Resume Titles

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

AaronJ in San Bernardino, California

38 months ago

What title would you put if you ran your own business for the last 10 years, than started another business? Owner,President,CEO,Entrepreneur?

I have been applying for General Manager, Operations Manager positions and I have been told that I need to tailor my resume to every position that I apply for. That is allot of work when your applying for to 10-15 jobs a day.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

38 months ago

So even though I was owner and I'm applying for a Operations Manager.I would change my resume title to Operations Manager, then when they ask for a Supervisor's name and number just make some thing up?

38 months ago

Thanks, I was President/CEO of my corp. But thats what I was getting at, I'm applying for General Manager,Operations Manager positions.
Should I keep changing the title in my resume to it fits the position that I'm trying to get. Some employers might look at my last position "over qualified" for the position I'm applying for, when I'm only trying to get a job.
Thanks

Bowler1 in Overland Park, Kansas

26 months ago

What would you put as a resume title for someone that has had insurance experience dating all the way back to 1989.

jenab in Austin, Texas

24 months ago

Owner, President, and Entrepreneur are red flag job titles for a prospective employer. They indicate you're overqualified and that you'll likely chafe when it comes to taking direction from someone else.

Only tailor your resume for positions you actually want to be considered for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Kylie Dowell in Sydney, Australia

24 months ago

I would use the title "Managing Director" as this provides the truth whilst sounding professional.

Unfortunately the words Owner or Entrepreneur can scream "wanna be business success or overnight scam".

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.