Resume experience - how to list 2 weeks and 2 1/2 months experience or should I even?!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Mo in Sacramento, California

60 months ago

There's about 1 and 1/2 years of downtime from working in my resume for which I volunteered and took classes. I also worked two jobs that for 2 weeks and 2 1/2 months and let go before the probation period...how do I, or should I even list these experiences?

Thanks,

mo

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nick in Somerville, Massachusetts

32 months ago

IMHO, you shouldn't bother to list the 2 week one unless it was a contract position that was only supposed to last that long.

The 2.5 month is fine...I have one on my resume too. Looks better than a period of unemployment!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

jenab in Austin, Texas

32 months ago

Is the downtime consecutive? Did you volunteer for the same organization for most of that time (or at least longer than three months)? That is the easiest, most impressive way to cover the gaps.

Anything shorter than three months usually shouldn't be on your resume unless it was the last time you did, or unless you've had more than one assignment at a staffing agency. If you have to, a functional resume format may be the way to go.

And keep in mind that you don't need to include months as well as years in a typical resume, and no more than 10-15 years experience (applications are a different story, but I'm sure you know that).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.