Review My Resume?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (21)

James in Columbia, Maryland

47 months ago

Just wanted some feedback, good or bad on my resume. Looking to transition somehow, someway into the government. Thanks in advance. www.indeed.com/me/jamesfeagin

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Jeffrey A. McMillan in Mobile, Alabama

44 months ago

persevere77750@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Oglethorpe1983 in Cleveland, Ohio

43 months ago

James in Columbia, Maryland said: Just wanted some feedback, good or bad on my resume. Looking to transition somehow, someway into the government. Thanks in advance. www.indeed.com/me/jamesfeagin

James in Columbia:

Good Afternoon,

I saw your forum post last week, and I am actually in the exact same position as yourself. Hoping for resume advice, And looking for work in government offices. I wonder if we can help each other. If we send each other our resumes maybe we both help each other...

And... if by chance you have already received some good advice and adjusted your resume accordingly, please share what you learned.

Thanks

Ken

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

James in Columbia, Maryland

43 months ago

Bluetea in Texas said: Unless Daddy is a congressman, your best bet is to outsource this. Yes, open up your wallet and pay a professional to have this done. Don't say you "can't afford it".

If you want a gub'mint job, the competition is tremendous especially at the Federal level. No place for a cut and paste resume.

Resume Place?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Peninsula Resumes in Palo Alto, California

26 months ago

Hi,

If anyone is looking for a free resume review, I would be happy to do it. Just email service@peninsularesumes.com. I can offer you some general feedback and three specific suggestions for improvement.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Carol in Bolingbrook, Illinois

24 months ago

Peninsula Resumes in Palo Alto, California said: Hi,

If anyone is looking for a free resume review, I would be happy to do it. Just email service@peninsularesumes.com. I can offer you some general feedback and three specific suggestions for improvement.

Is your offer still good? My resume has impressed almost every company ( or at least that is what they say) I've applied for but I've missed out on getting the job. I'm wondering how to condense it (it's 2 pages) and highlight some of my skills more without sounding like I'm being a little bit too proud. :) Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

KA2 in Sydney

24 months ago

If they are saying that your resume is impressive & if your resume is resulting in being invited to many interviews, then your resume is probably ok. May be you can look into your interviewing skills or the type of jobs that you are applying to... etc.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

ExTeacher in Los Angeles, California

21 months ago

If you have it set to public, it is visible to employers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

acal3030 in San Antonio, Texas

18 months ago

How much information should I post on my Indeed resume? Any advice will greatly help. Thanks!
my.indeed.com/me/andrewcalcote

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

STEVEN KLINE in NEW YORK, New York

14 months ago

WHy cant i find my site and resume and other information?
I go to INDEED.COM AND IT GOES RIGHT TO MY EMAIL LOG IN JKSKINC@AOL.COM ASKING NO PASSWORD OR ANY INFORMATION. I updateed my resume and filled in all the previous companys i worked for with information asked for but still cant find my account or information.
How do i sign in and review my current information.
Im a person lokking for a job.

steven kline
jkskinc@aol.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

bwg5463@yahoo. in Lafayette, Louisiana

11 months ago

I would like to remove my resume

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ANTOINE JOHNSON in Utica, New York

8 months ago

PLEASE FORWARD ANY INTERESTED EMPLOYER MY RESUME AND MY EMAIL ADDRESS.

tamelalara@yahoo.com in Detroit, Michigan

7 months ago

I want to know where is my indeed resume in my phone how do I find it and use it to apply for employment.

tamelalara@yahoo.com in Detroit, Michigan

7 months ago

tamelalara@yahoo.com in Detroit, Michigan said: I want to know where is my indeed resume in my phone how do I find it and use it to apply for employment.

I live in ohio not Michigan

AndyRising in a State of Bliss

7 months ago

tamelalara@yahoo.com in Detroit, Michigan said: I want to know where is my indeed resume in my phone how do I find it and use it to apply for employment.

Tamelalara... Your Indeed resume "lives" under your Indeed account info that you can access from this page. Look for your email address in the upper right corner of this page. Click it to see a list of options; the first option is Resume. You can click that option to see the resume info you've posted on Indeed, and to make that resume public or private, or delete it. But you can't send your Indeed resume to employers from that page. You have to do that from one of Indeed's job postings.

And you can send your Indeed resume to only SOME employers from Indeed. A job posting has to be set up to accept Indeed resumes. In my experience, only a few employers let you do this. Most take you out to some other website.

Anytime Indeed lets you send your Indeed resume to a job ad, there's also an option to send another resume... what you might call your "real" resume. Your "real resume" is the resume you must have put together in order to print paper copies, or to email to non-Indeed jobs you've found. Nobody but you knows where that resume is stored. (And if you don't have a "real" resume, you should make one.)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bruno in Joinville, Brazil

7 months ago

Hi!

Please, someone can review my resume?

www.indeed.com/me/brunoc

TIA,
Bruno

Angella in Stony Plain, Alberta

5 months ago

James in Columbia, Maryland said: Just wanted some feedback, good or bad on my resume. Looking to transition somehow, someway into the government . Thanks in advance. www.indeed.com/me/jamesfeagin

Your resume is actually pretty good. If I was to pick holes in it they would be:

1) Your resume has no target. Now, I'm not a fan of objectives - at least not the ones that read "to obtain a job where I can use my skills for the benefit of the employer" or other such crap. However, a statement at the top stating who you are, what you bring to the table, and what you want. For instance, I have a client looking for a job with a smaller to mid size company. Her statement reads "Office manager/executive assistant with a history of increasing revenue and profits through effective marketing strategies, improved processes and commitment to customer service seeks position with a small to mid-sized company" With your resume it is very difficult to tell exactly what kind of job you are looking for as your last three jobs were very different.

2) I like an achievements section at the beginning of the resume. Having said that, your resume is not particularly long, and if what you are looking for relates to your current position it is not necessary. However, where an achievements section can be of use is if your older experience is more relevant to your target job. It can help bring the focus to the relevant achievements and experience.

3) I like that your resume is very achievement focused. However, if it were me, I would tend to make the achievements a bit less wordy. For example: I would break up the first point into two points, and would probably remove the "utilized my... throughout my tenure" and reword the second half of that sentence. The promotion would have its own bullet point.

4) I would remove the testimonials and the volunteer work as it is not relevant to your target roles.

Angella in Stony Plain, Alberta

5 months ago

Having said all that - if your resume is getting interviews it is working. If you have received compliments, then your resume is probably fine... and honestly, speaking as somebody who is irritated by a lot of what I see go out for resumes... yours really is fine.

It is likely interviewing is not your strong suit... I was like that too. I recommend a book called interviews for dummies. This book helped me land my first job from an interview... the rest I was a temp placement turned permanent. Work on your interview skills.

Ruchel in Silver Spring, Maryland

4 months ago

I'm checking and can't find save jobs, the ones I applied for. I need your help

s.mcblessed@gmail.com in Forney, Texas

1 month ago

STEVEN KLINE in NEW YORK, New York said: WHy cant i find my site and resume and other information?
I go to INDEED.COM AND IT GOES RIGHT TO MY EMAIL LOG IN JKSKINC@AOL.COM ASKING NO PASSWORD OR ANY INFORMATION. I updateed my resume and filled in all the previous companys i worked for with information asked for but still cant find my account or information.
How do i sign in and review my current information.
Im a person lokking for a job.

steven kline
jkskinc@aol.com

I am having the same problem, i created a resume on indeed less than an hour ago and now i cant seem to get back to it to review it and it also did not show up in my email when i sent a copy to myself before i left the site?????????????Help?????????????-Sheila McDonald s.mcblessed@gmail.com

s.mcblessed@gmail.com in Forney, Texas

1 month ago

I am having the same problem, i created a resume on indeed less than an hour ago and now i cant seem to get back to it to review it and it also did not show up in my email when i sent a copy to myself before i left the site?????????????Help?????????????-Sheila McDonald s.mcblessed@gmail.com

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.