How to list conflicting job titles on resume

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Unemployed Paralegal in Denver, Colorado

58 months ago

Who told the printer to print "Branch Manager" on your business cards? Somehow, it would seem that if the bank authorized the title, "Branch Manager," on your cards that you would be okay to use it on your resume.

What about your title for your previous jobs? Was your title "Branch Manager" in any of them?

In any event, you should still apply for the job. Be sure you lay it on thick on your resume with your previous work experience that meets the requirement.

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Unemployed Paralegal in Denver, Colorado

58 months ago

regularguy in Rhinelander, Wisconsin said: I guess I never questioned who had the cards printed that way until now. I worked like that for 2 years and my district manager and regional manager never said the I should not use that title and I saw them on a regular basis.
IMO if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, etc........

Another idea might be to look at copies of your reviews. What job title was listed on your reviews? Also, which title was used when you were introduced to clients?

What I am looking at are the majority of points of contact. I.e. if clients knew you as a branch manager and you were referred to within the bank as branch manager, you probably could get away with it.

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.