listing a job twice on your resume

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

Unemployed Property Manager in West Palm Beach, Florida

84 months ago

I would list it. Tell them that you were more comfortable in a position that you were better suited for and the company was delighted to have you back with them. Not too many companies welcome a former employee back. That shows you are a valued employee. Check out FORUMS for Property Manager - we are discussing resumes and the proper procedures. Lots of info and you can ask the same question at that forum.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (44) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

RG in North Hollywood, California

68 months ago

How do you list it on your resume if you have worked at a company twice? Do you make a reference in the date section such as "previously employed" and include dates? Or do you use another section for your previous employment at that company?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (126) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

2nice in Los Angeles, California

68 months ago

dont list the same job twice..... that is just plain foolish. would you want to read the same thing twice? why would they?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (40) Reply - Report abuse

Gopi K in Phoenix, Arizona

37 months ago

I would list the company once and then have two different dates showing that you worked there two different times. This will probably bring up a question about it during your interview where you can explain it in more detail.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lys in South Richmond Hill, New York

37 months ago

List it twice. It shows a few things for you in your favor..1. You're employed, always a good thing. 2., It shows that youre a good employee that they took you back, like Unemployed said.

You would list it like this:

Company X....from Current Date to Present

Then the same thing, with different dates. You would have the other job that didn't work out in the middle of these two, so you're listing it in chronological order.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

HR Uncovered in Seattle, Washington

37 months ago

If your title was the same, try the following approach (I made up some dates for the sake of making my point clear):

Title – Company Name (2000 – 2002 / 2004 – Present)
Brief overview of your role...
• Achievement
• Achievement
• Achievement

Title – Company Name (2002 – 2004)
• Achievement
• Achievement
• Achievement

Don't hesitate to reach out if you need more help.

Kent

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (46) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Kylie in Sydney, Australia

37 months ago

Teresa in Raynham Center, Massachusetts said: I worked at a company for 2 years then left and went to another company. That job did not work out and so i went back to the other company. Do I list it twice with different dates or should I only list it once. I am not sure what to do

Yes, list it twice and the years you were there, otherwise it will look as if you were working two full time jobs at once.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Regina in Bronx, New York

30 months ago

HR Uncovered in Seattle, Washington said: If your title was the same, try the following approach (I made up some dates for the sake of making my point clear):

Title – Company Name (2000 – 2002 / 2004 – Present)
• Achievement
• Achievement
• Achievement

Title – Company Name (2002 – 2004)
• Achievement
• Achievement
• Achievement

Don't hesitate to reach out if you need more help.

Kent

How would you list the same company if your title was different when you returned years later?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Linda in Wake Forest, North Carolina

28 months ago

I had the same situation - the resume writer i hired put the company once with the two dates listed. Kind of like this (for some reason indeed thinks its vulgar when i put it in the formatting the way it is on my resume??... so i had to modify it slightly):

Position, company May 2001 - July 2004; Jan 2006- Aug 2011

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.