listing numerous jobs, temp , part time, self employed etc.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

John621 in Dallas, Texas

52 months ago

I have been in the workforce for almost 25 years , and for the last 12 I have been solidly working for just one IT company, the problem is that from 1988 to 1998 I worked in the photographic industry, I worked for a dozen photo labs for periods of 3 months to a year, I had three contracts on ships and holiday resorts, I also worked self employed as a photographer and camera repair technician, it was a very chaotic and crazy time in my life where all these jobs overlapped for the most part but I havent a clue how to summarise this. I dare say I contracted out or worked for around 30 companies of which I suspect most no longer exist.

I plan to stay in IT and I have no interest in going back to this industry, and to be honest I dont think it has great relevance in my current job search.

But how do I summarise this?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Parafreegal in Chicago, Illinois

52 months ago

Were you a temp or contractor? You could consolidate it all under one entry - "Freelance Photography." And then explain under the heading you worked for various outfits. That's how I'd play it.

John621 in Denver, Colorado

52 months ago

Thanks so much for both answers, I think I will let that chaotic time of my life off my resume.

Cheers

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.