short term jobs

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

justme in Las Vegas, Nevada

31 months ago

I was wondering if I should include a job I obtained for 4 months while working a job that I am still working and have been working for almost 2 years on my resume? Or does that look odd seeing as I have held one job for such a long time and would have a short job in between that time seeing as I was terminated from that 4 month job.
Thanks for any input!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Nick in Somerville, Massachusetts

31 months ago

If you were working a main job and also working another job, I wouldn't include the second one. Especially if it's not relevant to what you're applying for. I'd only include it, if it's directly related to what you're applying for (for instance, bartender for a bartending job).

Especially if you were sacked from it. No reason to even go down that road with an interviewer if you don't have to.

Bluetea in Texas

31 months ago

Nick in Somerville, Massachusetts said: If you were working a main job and also working another job, I wouldn't include the second one. Especially if it's not relevant to what you're applying for. I'd only include it, if it's directly related to what you're applying for (for instance, bartender for a bartending job).

Especially if you were sacked from it. No reason to even go down that road with an interviewer if you don't have to.

I agree. I have had a few jobs of "short duration" that have never found their way onto my resume.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nick in Somerville, Massachusetts

31 months ago

Heh. I have a 3 month stint with Sears on my resume, and the only reason it's there, is to stop the unemployment gap at 19 months.

my advice in Chicago, Illinois

30 months ago

i worked 1 day at Puma and 1 day at Suncast before calling it quits. I never put those on my resume lol

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.