How to summerize this statement of achievement?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

onthehunt in Auburndale, Florida

48 months ago

Each of the four liquor lines has a liquid ring vacuum pump connected to the filler via hundreds of feet of copper tubing. They had to be rebuilt every few months because when the lines stopped the pumps would deadhead and overheat. Also the guys that were rebuilding the pumps were not doing a good job due to their lack of knowledge in this area. I installed vacuum relief valves and regulators then rebuilt all the pumps and they never failed again in the four years I was there after that. By recognizing and correcting this problem I significantly reduced down time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional in Denver, Colorado said: "Significantly reduced vacuum pump downtime and saved employer X dollars by recognizing and correcting problems after frequent failures and ineffective repairs."

You could also add the following sentence to the above statement:

"Rebuilt vacuum pumps and installed vacuum relief valves and regulators, with no ensuing pump failures for four years."

Thank you. That is very good though I do not know an X amount of dollars to enter.

48 months ago

Displaced Legal Professional in Denver, Colorado said: You bet. Quantifying your achievement would look impressive on your resume. Maybe you have a way of determining how much money you saved the store.

I have several more of these. Should I start a new discussion for each one? Or post them here?

48 months ago

Here is another one.

Here I maintained the automated food grade packaging machinery, Modified and installed complete bottle packaging line. Electrically integrated systems so that the entire line could be operated from a central location at the filler. I also designed and built machinery, such as an automated lid punch, can cleaner, insecticidal spray system for horse stables and redesigned and rebuilt sanitary gelled hand-cleaner pumping system. I developed an assembly method for the production of colon hydrotherapy machines that increased their production by 300%.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

Yes I understand the importance of quantifying but typically I don’t know the savings.
On the colon machines I stuck a number in there because I know that we were building them at least three times as fast. I want to be sure I am honest.
I tried to post my whole resume here but guess it would not accept that many fonts. I have a writer working on it but I am not satisfied with some of the wording they have used.
The above statement is one that I had under my experience for one particular job. But need to shorten it.
I really appreciate your input. I think I will try to past the amount of my resume draft that I can fit on here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

Name and contact info
OPERATIONS & MAINTENANCE MECHANIC ~ ELECTRICAL/MECHANICAL

Hardworking, forward thinking, and diligent with over 20+ years of success in the installation, servicing, repair, operations, and maintenance of production/manufacturing equipment. Deep and rich knowledge of all facets of electrical installation, troubleshooting, and repair. Strong technical acumen in circuit design and interpretation of National Electric Code. Work closely with outside contractors on new equipment and technologies as needed. Superb problem solving and follow-up skills. Additional keys to success include:
• Skilled trainer who easily translate technical data into terms/concepts others can readily grasp and apply.
• Attentive listener with excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation capabilities..
• Maintain superb business relations with clients and staff from all areas of operation.
• Passionate about technology and consistently recognized for phenomenal work contributions with an established reputation for quality, exactness, and results.

CORE COMPETENCIES

Equipment & Machinery Servicing • Electrical Installations • Industrial Electronics • Motor Controls
P.L.C. Controlled Systems Troubleshooting • V.F.D. Installation & Programming • Blueprints & Schematics
Gas, Arc & Tig Welding • Fabrication & Design • Power Transmission • Ammonia Refrigeration
Pneumatics & Hydraulics • Staff Training & Development • Problem Solving • Follow-Up
Vendor Relations • Process Improvement • Revenue Growth • Cost Containment

PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Company name and date
LEAD TECHNICIAN – 2ND SHIFT
Accountable for all facets of packaging, processing, and facility maintenance functions, as well as the set-up, modification, and fabrication of equipment and machinery. Train and mentor staff on all policies and procedures for uniformity and consistency of operation at all levels and promoted an upbeat, positive, and safe working environment.

48 months ago

Installed all conduits and wiring for upgrades completed on PLC controls on Von-Gal palletizer. Performed all equipment installations, repairs, and modifications, and line changeovers. Maintained all equipment as per manufacturers specifications/guidelines and completed continuous inspection, verification, and repair of sophisticated machinery that included 1 high speed line running wine coolers at 600 bpm, and 4 wine and liquor lines running 90 to 130.
Achievements:
• Completed rebuild of 3 Pearson 4-pac case erectors that reduced downtime by approximately 80%.
• Installed vacuum relief valves and regulators and rebuilt all pumps on 4 liquor lines with Travaini vacuum pumps that previously had to be rebuilt every few months.
• Addressed consistent fire hazard with overhead (HID) lighting on 45K square foot bottling floor that was wire improperly and replaced with 85 high bay florescent lights that included conduit and wire and produced 4X lumesn at half the energy cost.
• Automated linking and programming of VFD’s that increased one of the lines speed by 65%.
• Created and applied an expandable computer documented, labeled organization system that centrally housed all of the change parts for optimum work efficiency.
• Developed and implemented excel workbooks with forms that contained all machinery information (i.e., manufacturer, S/N, model, manuals, drawings, pars, and vendor data) and applied means tracking/documentation of settings and enhanced operational efficiency and set-up time.

48 months ago

Multiple Electrical and Construction Firms, Various Florida Locations (10/2000 – 10/2004)
ELECTRICIAN
Performed wide array of assignments as an Electrician serving a variety of industries. Serviced, operated, and maintained electrical/mechanical machinery as per manufacturer specifications/guidelines. Performed continuous inspections, verification, and repair of sophisticated machinery.
• Completely installed entire power distribution system in the 8-story Hotel Renaissance in Tampa, FL.
• Designated as Foreman for a large office addition to Terry’s Electric Building.
• Served as Lead Man at Orange Lakes Resort on the construction of Recreation Building, Restaurant, and a large theme park type swimming pool with extensive motors and controls.
• Installed all meter banks, feeders, and H.V.A.C. in a 5-story timeshare at West Gate Resorts.
• Performed multi-family electrical installation for 8-unit condominiums.
• Wired a new milk processing diary with approximately 75 motors with controls.

EARLY CAREER as Maintenance Manager, VINDOTCO. Maintained automated food grade packaging machinery, modified/installed complete bottle packaging line, and electrically integrated systems so that the entire line could be operated from a central location at the filler. Redesigned and rebuilt sanitary gelled hand cleaner pumping system, devised assembly method for production of colon hydrotherapy machines, and grew production by 300%.

48 months ago

as Maintenance Manager at ***** Chemicals Designed and built a chemical plant that consisted of 2 pressure reactors and included all steam, cooling, hot oil piping, and explosion proof control cabinet saving the company well over $60K in installation expense.

48 months ago

I hear that. Thanks so much for your replies.
I will most likely be applying online. How would I present my letters of recomendation? I have awards but they are from distant jobs that are not even listed. Are you saying that I should not say anything that I can not proove on paper?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.