Career Forums ( All - Company - Job - City - General - HR )

Forum Discussion Replies Updated Posted By
Job Interviews

How long should I wait after a second interview before giving up?

Hi! So, I tend to be an over analytical person, but I'm wondering if these signs point towards not getting the job offer.... 1. Had a phone...

17 13 days ago careerpivot2017 in Saint Albans, West Virginia
Job Interviews

Does it sound like an offer is coming?

I've been interviewing with a firm for easily a month now and apparently had the 'last' interview last week - total of 7 interviews with hr,...

0 13 days ago Pman in La Grange Park, Illinois
Career Advice

Question about Indeed apply option.

I just joined Indeed about a week or so ago and I am trying to get use to everything on here and I was hoping someone could answer this for me. When...

2 13 days ago AndyRising in a State of Bliss
Job Interviews

The job seeker's guidebook that helps to find short answers to complex questions

Hello guys, Almost one year ago, together with the team from Wozber, we decided to start the career blog, producing comprehensive articles on...

0 13 days ago Azuolas in San Francisco, California
Job Interviews

interviewing at a Dunkin Donuts

I applied for a Customer Service job with Arrow Staffing. The job is supposedly located in city#1 which is about 45 minutes away from cityE2 which...

0 13 days ago AtExit8 in City, New Jersey
Career Advice

Vision Training Systems for Medical Billing & Coding Certification

I found a deal on Living Social for a certification in medical billing and coding at an online learning institute called the vision training systems....

21 13 days ago mimibarr in surprise, Arizona
Career Advice

Age discrimination is more real than I ever thought

I am so disheartened by the behavior of the employers that I've interviewed with lately. I'm only 46, but to employers, I might as well be 86. I only...

102 13 days ago GP141 in Edinburgh, United Kingdom
How to Use Indeed

job vacancies placed with INDEED

I have placed 3 job vacancy adverts with Indeed, how do I view my adverts that I placed, and how do I view any replies

0 13 days ago Sophy Beth's hair & Beauty in Peterborough, United Kingdom
Job Interviews

Greatest Weakness Question

I had an interview today in which I was asked the dreaded question "what's your greatest weakness?" At the time I felt like my answer was acceptable,...

4 14 days ago If You Get Caught Between the Moon in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Job Interviews

Hiring manager said it would be a few weeks before they made a decison

I went to an interview last Monday. It is now 1.5 weeks later. The interview went well but of course I stayed thinking about things I could have done...

5 15 days ago Idh in Denton, Texas
How to Use Indeed

Jobs disappeared that I have posted on Indeed

Good Morning, Yesterday I posted 10 jobs on Indeed and today I can't view them at all on my employer login. Where would they have gone? I had...

47 15 days ago cgutsche624@*****.*** in Salt Lake City, Utah
Career Advice

Are you tired of applying for hundreds of jobs online and getting no response?

Are you frustrated applying for hundreds of jobs still waiting for a phone call back for an interview? Share your frustrations...how many jobs...

142 15 days ago Smarterthanthem in Houston, Texas
How to Use Indeed

Replied to message from recruiter , but unable to view sent message

I received a message from a recruiter sometime ago, and I wrote a detailed response to it. When I hit send, I got a message saying your message...

1 15 days ago Smarterthanthem in Houston, Texas
How to Use Indeed

Can I search my saved jobs?

is there an easy way to search the jobs that I have saved in my "saved jobs" list?

19 15 days ago Smarterthanthem in Houston, Texas
Job Interviews

Clear my confusion.

How can agencies be a cheaper way of getting work done, when they too, have to be paid their fees? Aren't their fees just an added expense to a...

6 15 days ago Smarterthanthem in Houston, Texas
Job Interviews

Does it sound like I am going to get the job offer ?

Hello, I recently interviewed (wednesday 7 June) for an entry level Software Engineer position. From the following points do you think I am going to...

5 15 days ago Smarterthanthem in Houston, Texas
Career Advice

If it's so 'easy' to get a crappy minimum wage job, then why can't I get hired anywhere?

For example, I went to an open interview and I was dressed up nice, well groomed, prepared and organized. Everyone else look like they just rolled...

17 15 days ago Annie Grace in Atlanta, Georgia
Job Interviews

Uber Driver

Has anyone ever tried working for Uber? See pop ups every now and them but wondered if anyone has done it.

1 15 days ago Linet in Glendale, California
Job Interviews

Anybody know of any Disability services that help people with Disabilities find jobs?

I'm trying to help out a friend he has a Learning Disability and is having a very difficult time finding a job. He's had a temporary job before but...

7 16 days ago Sabsfan in Frederick, Maryland
Job Interviews

Availability and pay

It stuns me what companies want from folks these days. They state "need to be available weekends, holidays, etc.". And the pay is min wage. So...

4 16 days ago AtExit8 in City, New Jersey
Job Interviews

Am I still in the running?

I interviewed on May 12th with a medical device company for an entry level R&D operations analyst position. They want someone with an engineering...

3 16 days ago AtExit8 in City, New Jersey
Job Interviews

does it mean you have the job when an interviewer say they are sending it to the hiring manger

I had a phone interview today. She told me the pay and the hours. At the end of the interview she said she was sending the information to the hiring...

1 16 days ago AtExit8 in City, New Jersey
How to Use Indeed

False Job postings

Indeed it is sending me boss job notifications that do not exist. And what jobs I do it I cannot apply because it's a false reading

2 16 days ago anonymous in Quincy, Mass. USA in Quincy, Massachusetts
Job Interviews

Cover letters

I do not like needing one. I just never know what to say or how to say it. Online examples, just don't seem adequate. (Because they're someone else's...

2 16 days ago Ruby Slippers in Las Vegas, Nevada
Career Advice

Hiring/paying someone to get me a job?

I'm a recent grad (Dec 2014) with a BS in chemical engineering. I feel that job-searching itself is a job if you are serious about it, which I am....

7 16 days ago MPodesto in Roseville, California
Job Interviews

Does it sound like I could get the job?

I interviewed at People's United Bank today with the hiring manager. I had a short chat and a formal phone interview with the recruiter and she's...

10 16 days ago quittingmyjob in South Plainfield, New Jersey
Career Advice

The Still Frustrated Job Seekers' Rants Forum

Starting a new forum for people to let it out. Carry on...

2078 16 days ago CareerFaithful in Carmel, California
Job Interviews

Offer letter situation, should I be concerned?

I went through a job agency and got a verbal offer. However the recruiter says that they don't send out the offer letter until I've verbally told...

1 16 days ago AtExit8 in City, New Jersey
How to Use Indeed

Filled Position

How does one find out on Indeed if a position wa filed out once it was applied for?

6 17 days ago TGPII in Chicago, Illinois
How to Use Indeed

If you could PLEASE have job posters, post in ads Benefits, Salary, Email, Phone Number, Name, Fax Number, Website, Contact Info

If you could PLEASE have job posters, post in ads Benefits, Salary, Email, Phone Number, Name, Fax Number, Website, Contact Information, How To...

8 17 days ago TGPII in Chicago, Illinois
Job Interviews

background check for pending cases

I received a job offer from my dream job... However, unforeseen events have left me on the other side of the law. After the offer was given they...

44 17 days ago Jones in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Job Interviews

Why is it

that when I go to some company websites, they have ALL their positions listed under "positions available"?? What, are they replacing their whole...

7 18 days ago Ruby Slippers in Las Vegas, Nevada
Resume Tips

Change order of items (e.g. skills) on resume?

Hi all, I can't figure out (if even possible) how to re-order items on my resume. For example, I'd like to change the order of skills so that...

13 18 days ago Me in Arlington, Texas
Career Advice

Receiving response to follow-up thank you

Had what I felt was a pretty good interview the other day, and as I always do, sent a short thank you email saying it was a pleasure speaking with...

11 18 days ago PB in Athens, Georgia
Job Interviews

It irks me..

I recently signed up with a blue collar temp agency, bc they seemed to have the type of work I'm aiming for. But so far, all I've seen are alerts for...

0 18 days ago Jobseeker1927 in Anytown
How to Use Indeed

I keep getting emails from Indeed that ask if I heard from an employer. I click no. Nothing happens then. What is the point o

I keep getting emails from Indeed that ask if I heard from an employer. I click no. Nothing happens then. What is the point of asking if I hear...

2 18 days ago TGPII in Chicago, Illinois
Job Interviews

I missed an interview, did not call or show up

Hi there, As the title describes, I had a family emergency a few weeks ago and the interview I had was not a priority at that point. Basically,...

3 18 days ago E10 on market and mourning, c'est la vie in Walthamstow, United Kingdom
How to Use Indeed

NEED ADVICE! BEEN WITH A COMPANY FOR 10 YEARS ( Beauty Industry ) and Im thinking of leaving

Thank you for reading! I have been in the beauty industry for 13 years. The company I'm with now I started from the bottom and am now at one of the...

0 18 days ago NicoleArmstrong13 in Rancho Cucamonga, California
Job Interviews

Interview tomorrow with small bank for bank teller position, any tips?

I'm a recent college graduate and I'm starting online graduate school this month. I have about 4 years of customer service, and 3 years of cash...

0 18 days ago Kingysaysxo in Methuen, Massachusetts
Job Interviews

Temp agencies

Ya, they can be a door to a job, but there's no way to know the experiences of past or current workers of theirs. It's not like I can ask "How busy...

0 18 days ago Jobseeker1927 in Anytown
Resume Tips

TERRIBLE Resume Converter

Indeed, you have to improve your Resume Converter or at least have the option of having an uploaded resume viewed as it was originally formatted to...

90 19 days ago Ruby Slippers in Las Vegas, Nevada
How to Use Indeed

How come I'm getting this message? "Both email and post url cannot be provided."

I'm a new user and I'm trying to send my resume, but this keeps showing up.

1 19 days ago tcsiwula in San Francisco, California
How to Use Indeed

The Kimble Group, legitimate, spam, phishing?

I am receiving what appear to be unsolicited emails from an organization calling itself The Kimble Group. Both the emails and the website are of...

6 19 days ago Got played in Orlando, Florida
Career Advice

I continually get bored with my jobs

And I have no real idea of what I want to do with the rest of my life because I haven't felt the desire settle somewhere. I just start hating every...

19 19 days ago uptoyou in providence, Rhode Island
Career Advice

Graphic Designer Needs a Career Change

I have been a graphic designer for the better part of 15 years. I'm 40 years old. I have a BA in fine arts, but I have had design classes and many...

446 20 days ago DoneDesigner in Shelton, Connecticut
Career Advice

Stuck at 25 with a college degree and no career

A job is essential in life. Without a job, unless you are on some form of welfare, have a trust fund or are supported by someone else you will end up...

68 20 days ago Michael Gaston in Hamilton, Ohio
Job Interviews

Any tips for a People's United Bank interview?

I am interviewing with People's United Bank on Thursday. I have 4 years of customer service experience, about 3 years of sales related experience, a...

1 20 days ago Ruby Slippers in Las Vegas, Nevada
Job Interviews

Since "Career Advice"

doesn't work (I get an "error" message), I have to use this one instead. Does anyone know about a company called "peopleready"? Your experiences,...

2 20 days ago Jobseeker1927 in Anytown
Job Interviews

Has anyone here ever used proveit.com

I did this assessment/test last night and it took 3.5 hours. It consisted of 55 questions for powerpoint, 55 for excel and 55 for Word and then a 3...

123 20 days ago AtExit8 in City, New Jersey
Job Interviews

GMAIL/GOOGLE HANGOUT JOB INTERVIEWS SCAM

I have been receiving a whole lot of emails in response to my resume that give you the directions to interview by Gmail/Google Hangout. I do not...

19 20 days ago AK in Hoboken, New Jersey

Page: « Previous  1 2 3 4 5 Next »

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.