I tottaly agree. The 100% comission isn't the issue. The issues are
1. Their services are in most cases DOUBLE what a competitor will charge for a comparable service.
2. Five year contracts. Who signs a 5 year deal to have music in their office?
3. Senior reps can sell in your territory, but you better not go to theirs.
4. The target to keep your job is a recurring billing of $1,000 a month. Sounds low until you realize that in order to do it you have to sell about a deal a DAY to hit that target. If you do, you'll make about 60k to 70k a year. It takes about 50 to 75 FACE to FACE cold calls a day to get enough appointments to hit this target.
5. Turnover of reps under one year is nearly 100%. This is because you have to hit the above target without any current accounts. Also the multi location deals they may tell you about are there. They just will never belong to you since the senior rep sold it 5 to 10 years ago. This company has been around for 75 years. Most of the major deals are on with them or are no longer with them and are with a competitor.
6. This company is hemorrhaging in debt. To the tune of about $300,000,000. Not a typo, 300 MILLION DOLLARS. They are just about a junk bond debt quality company. Their merger with their competitor DMX was designed to look better to refinance their debt. The deal requires a third party to buy them after they merge. The company they wanted them to do it WALKED AWAY from the deal. If Muzak does not refinance their debt by late this year they will have to file for bankruptcy protection.
There are a lot of ways to make money if you are good at sales. If you are good at sales, don't waste your time here. Even if you succeed (which is highly unlikely) you will be working for a company that may not exist next year.