The best part is...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

What do you enjoy most about account executive work? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and advance?

What keeps you at your job?

Reply - Report abuse

rgruble@comcast.net in Indianapolis, Indiana

67 months ago

I enjoy being the conduit that connects the customer with what he or she needs. Fufilling needs, helping in ways that the customer not only can't anticipate, but is blown away by the fact that I even would think to go to such extremes. I love going the extra mile!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

allison in San Francisco, California

48 months ago

Software Acct. Executive used to be a fun job. Not anymore! It's very, very hard! You get 6 months to sell something. If not you're out! You have very little control of your destiny, no job security. Colleagues are so competitive they will throw you under the bus if they can get your sale and keep their job!!!
You can make your quota and be let go and not paid your commission! Believe me it happens. Legal recourse is so ardous and in most states it's 'At Will' employment! They can fire you for any reason!

The high tech sector is an 'ole boys network'. Very few females in sales or management. Just look at company website and review the management tab. What do you see? Nearly 100% men!

I wouldn't advise this career for anyone starting out. It used to be fun and people liked to buy software. There was money to be had and the job wasn't a grind!! Not anymore!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.