Accountant Jobs Forum

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

Current Discussions (194) - Start a Discussion

anotherone in Arlington, Texas

questions on becoming a cpa

my main concern stems from my gpa being under 3.0. i had already graduated from a university in business economics and i want to become a cpa. do i...

Almost graduating in Austin, Texas

Updated 43 months ago

Getting my CPA - 2 Replies

I'm about to graduate with a bachelors in accounting and will be working. I want to get my CPA at the same time in NY, but I'm not sure which...

Toni in Lowell, Massachusetts

Learning Great Plains and or SAP Financials

Does anyone know of a training provider, either live or online, for Great Plains and or SAP Financials? I am located in the Boston, Mass. area....

mj in Trenton, New Jersey

Accounting and Information Systems (double major)

Hi I just have a couple of questions. Right now I'm majoring in Accounting and Information Systems at University of Maryland. By my 4th year, I plan...

Beverly in Alpharetta, Georgia

Updated 44 months ago

Is pursuing a BS in Accounting worth it at age 29 if you don't have experience? - 2 Replies

I am interested in pursuing a BS in accounting as I already have a BA in psych and there wouldn't be a ton of classes to go through since it's the...

stewartlenders in Houston, Texas

Updated 44 months ago

Stewart Mortgage BEWARE!!!!!! - 11 Replies

Staff Accountant positions at this company are like revolving doors. I worked at Stewart for all of 3 weeks! Come to find out, I was the 4th...

Beach30 in New York, New York

Updated 45 months ago

New York Tax Auditor - 1 Reply

Anybody hear from New York tax auditor this year?

Met Income in Jersey City, New Jersey

Message Icon Topic: How hard is it for a CPA to get a temp job?

Hi all, I'm a 27 year old CPA and I've worked at a small to mid size CPA firm in the NJ area for over five years. I want to get out of...

NewUser in Houston, Texas

Is there any accounting job in Houston

Is there any accounting job in Houston? I've heard that nowadays, if you want a job, you have to know somebody. I don't know anybody and I really...

Rodger in San Gabriel, California

Updated 48 months ago

A Couple of Questions - 1 Reply

Hello everyone, thank you in advance for any advice you might be able to give me. I am a recent law school graduate currently studying to take...

rodger in San Gabriel, California

Updated 48 months ago

CFA & CPA - Jobs to earn experience simultaneously? - 1 Reply

Currently working on the CPA and CFA exams. Any entry-level jobs where you can earn experience towards CPA license and CFA charter?

macy in San Gabriel, California

Updated 48 months ago

Unemployed In Houston Looking for Staff Accountant Position - 1 Reply

I have been trying to find some answers on why I am still unemployed. I have been looking for a entry-level/staff accountant position here in...

Stephikins in Winter Springs, Florida

Updated 49 months ago

Masters First? - 5 Replies

Hi all, I just came across this forum today and was hoping to get some advice about Accounting employers. I'm two semesters away from getting my...

Tiffiwiffi in Jackson, Mississippi

Updated 49 months ago

How much should I be getting paid? - 5 Replies

Hi I am wondering what I should ask for as a raise next month. I am currently employed in Ocean County NJ. I was promoted last month to senior...

oceana in Laconia, New Hampshire

Updated 50 months ago

Will my bankruptcy prevent a career in accounting? - 2 Replies

I have a bankruptcy on my credit record that will not be removed for three more years. Ironically, while finishing my degree (BSBA in May 08), I...

JDizzle

Updated 50 months ago

Graduating in May '11. Any suggestions?? - 3 Replies

I'll be graduating next May, with a B.S. in Accounting/Computer Information Systems. I have been interning at a small CPA firm in my hometown...

mimimimimi in Boston, Massachusetts

CPA firm --- University accountant

I am a CPA, work at a CPA firm now, but try to get an accountant position at a University. What would be a good answer to the question like "why...

Al Capone in Chicago, Illinois

Updated 51 months ago

CPA in Chicago - 1 Reply

I've got a MBA with concentration in finance, and have worked in IT for the past ten years. I'm thinking of switching to getting a CPA, I only need...

Love2verse in Brooklyn, New York

Updated 51 months ago

How to make a comeback--help - 1 Reply

I have not been working since graduating in accounting (2005). Now I'm looking to apply for an accounting related job and would like to refresh...

FS in Salem, Massachusetts

Updated 52 months ago

History Major trying to begin a career in Accounting. - 6 Replies

I have a Bachelors in History (worst decision of my life) with a GPA of 3.6 and have been working in escrow for the last 5 years but want to begin a...

cajineer STANKS in Seattle, Washington

Updated 53 months ago

NEED ADVICE..hElP! - 2 Replies

I'm personatly interested in the career of accounting. but before i make any moves i want to hear other people's opinion of how it was or how it is...

CommonSense in Atlanta, Georgia

from ACCA to CPA

I am interested in what it would take to work in US (credentials wise) coming from UK. My fiance is a FCCA and we are debating the logics of who...

Janice Wong in Montebello, California

Updated 54 months ago

Question on getting an accounting degree - 6 Replies

Hi, my name is Dan and I just graduated fall quarter of 2009 at UCLA with a degree in Sociology. However, I am interested in pursuing for an...

Wanting Progression in Bridgnorth, United Kingdom

Updated 54 months ago

To Second or not? - 1 Reply

I have a bit of a dilemma on my hands. I have been offered a secondment to start a new project to implement a company wide software upgrade and be...

John in Lawrenceville, Georgia

Updated 54 months ago

Getting an accounting job after being out. - 1 Reply

I came out of college with an Accounting degree some years ago. I never put it to work cause basically, well, I could never find a job. After my last...

style0000 in Chicago, Illinois

Career Change into Accounting-- Advice Please?!

Hey Everyone, Due to the market climate I looking to transition into public Accounting by leveraging my MBA as the key to my career change. I...

Jeremy in Davenport, Iowa

Updated 57 months ago

Is a government accounting job career suicide? - 5 Replies

I dont doubt that the gov't job would be a good working experience. But people are telling me that this is not a good idea. It is an auditing...

Professional Tax Preparer in Tampa, Florida

Updated 58 months ago

Any Advice??? - 4 Replies

I need some advice. I want to go back to school to pursue a degree in accounting. My previous degree was in social science and I have no business...

JD in Tulsa, Oklahoma

How Good do you have to spell to go into accounting?

Im thinking about going back to school for accounting, but im not that good of a speller. How much will this hurt me in a accounting career?

aviator1x1 in Redondo Beach, California

Suggestions and advice please for a career switching plan

I am currently thinking about switching careers to accounting. I am considering an Accounting Certificate Program offered through UCLA's Extension...

Kim in Allentown, Pennsylvania

Accounting Career with a BS in Communications, Minor in Accounting

I'm considering going into accounting but still want to get my degree in Communications. Can I minor in accounting and become an accountant or do I...

Kim in Allentown, Pennsylvania

Updated 59 months ago

Need Suggestions!!! - 2 Replies

My last employer is not returning calls to people who call in for reference. I have called to see what is going on and my calls are not returned.

sam in North Haven in Charlotte, North Carolina

Updated 59 months ago

What is the salary range for different levels of accounting? - 1 Reply

Hello I currently attending Baruch College and thinking of majoring in accounting and eventually becoming a CPA. The question is for someone in the...

vtgraham in Indianapolis, Indiana

Updated 59 months ago

accounting career transition due to layoff - 1 Reply

I just got laid off from a corporate financial reporting job in the insurance industry last week. I want to transition to financial analysis or...

deansuraci in Cornwall, New York

Updated 60 months ago

I want to be a acountant - 5 Replies

I'm only 14 but I wana know how i could prepare to be an accountant As in what type of degree's am I gona have and what is the payment?? I'm very...

Numbrluvr in San Jacinto, California

Updated 61 months ago

Does a career in accounting require exceptional math aptitude? - 1 Reply

Need help from anyone who is an accountant or in a related financial services profession. I am an undergrad marketing major looking to make a...

BS in Accounting in Channahon, Illinois

Updated 61 months ago

BS in Business Admin + MS in Accountancy? - 1 Reply

Is this combination generally enough to land an entry level accounting position? I recently completed a BS in Business Admin and was thinking...

Bohir in Lane Cove, Australia

Midwest Accounting Salaries

Hi, I have my Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) qualification and I am studying for my CMA qualification. I have almost 7...

Dinah in Reno, Nevada

Planning an accounting career

Hello, I am approximately 30 weeks from graduating with a BS in Accounting. I am a resident of Nevada where 2 years of auditing experience is...

accounting in New York, New York

Advice on accepting job

Hi, I recently graduated and I got a job offer for a Tax Auditor Trainee position from the NY Department of Taxation and Finance in New York City. ...

btmt in Chicago, Illinois

Need Help please

Here is my story. I graduated 6 months ago with a bachelor major in Finance. I have been job searching for 6 months now. One thing that I regret is...

Vijayalakshmi in Madras, India

Require Accounts Executive

Looking for Accountant in Singapore(Indian Only) Jobs Responsibilities: * Maintaining full set of accounts * Responsible for accurate...

Kbluearmor7 in Rego Park, New York

Baruch's Master in Accounting

How is the Master in Accounting Program at Baruch? And what are the job prospects after obtaining the degree. Are there on campus recruiting from the...

Sam in Lewisville, Texas

JOB Availablity

I am an Accountant have Masters degree in commerce, 2 years experience in a CPA/ Tax firm, Here some CPA's are making money, staff are works like a...

abrar in Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Updated 64 months ago

Getting a Job! - 1 Reply

Hello everyone, I am about to graduate with a Bachelor Degree in Accounting. In my recent search for a job, I came to realized that most...

jackeline colon in Scranton, Pennsylvania

Updated 66 months ago

Entry level accounting position - 3 Replies

http://oraclewiki.net/accouting.aspx good place for applying jobs

Accountant in Scarborough, Ontario

Updated 67 months ago

Getting Clients - 1 Reply

I am an Accountant with a professional designation. I am a good and reliable accountant with considerable experience but I am schizophrenic so I have...

Osburn_jb in Buckhannon, West Virginia

Big 4 jobs, best way to start

I am currently doing an undergrad in Accounting and also obtaining my MBA at the same time. I am afraid that, due to lack of involvement with any...

andrew lopez in Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania

Updated 68 months ago

Boom or bust? - 3 Replies

Are jobs in this industry on the rise? Are there any sub-sectors that are growing? Where are the jobs? Which places have the most accountant...

bjdcpa in Gastonia, North Carolina

Updated 69 months ago

Senior Accounting Manager Can Help - 2 Replies

I am a veteran Controller with 20 years experience, and have contributed heavily in operations management as well. My resume is not getting any...

Page: « Previous   1  2  3  4  Next »

What's great about where you work? If you could change one thing about your job, what would it be? Got a question? Share the best and worst about what you do and where you work by joining a discussion or starting your own.

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.