Accountant Jobs Forum

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

Current Discussions (191) - Start a Discussion

dawn in Brooklyn, New York

Updated 71 months ago

Accounting - 1 Reply

I am unemployed and trying to find a prospective position in either full or consulting. With the financial crisis do you think that there will be a...

Salz in Santa Rosa, California

Updated 71 months ago

MS in Accounting OR non-Accounting BA + CPA? - 2 Replies

Hello, I have a BA in Anthropology. At the undergraduate level, I have one general Math/Algebra class and one Statistics class (both of which I...

Steve in Memphis, Tennessee

Updated 71 months ago

How to return to the accounting profession after being out of this occupation for a decade? - 2 Replies

I have worked in upper end bookkeeping for 20+ years before leaving the profession about 10 years ago. I would like to get into accounting now, but...

Nate in Blacksburg, Virginia

Accounting questions from an undergrad

I am currently a student at Virginia Tech in the deparment of Engereeing, however the classes and course work are breaking me so i've decided to...

MJ in San Jose, California

I'm interested in becoming a CPA in California

But, I have bad credit. Will that disqualify me from becoming one? Also, as far as background checks, what type of information will be considered...

Darren in Dural, Australia

Updated 72 months ago

need advise - 3 Replies

I am currently attending college I am trying to obtain my AAS in Accounting. After I graduated I want to get my bachelors degree, but I not sure if...

Rich Laurenzi in Frankfort, Illinois

Updated 72 months ago

Career Change: Accountant or Paralegal? - 1 Reply

Hello, I am 35 years old and I would like to start a new career. I have a rather varied and experienced past job profile; model, bartender,...

Scott in Durham, North Carolina

Updated 72 months ago

Is it possible to become a CFO if you start as an Auditor in Public Accounting? (And pro's/con's to choosing Audit vs. Tax?) - 1 Reply

Hello, I'm just starting Accounting classes this Fall. (I already had a previous professional career and am switching careers.) So, the world of...

Scott in Durham, North Carolina

Updated 72 months ago

Accounting job search - 2 Replies

Hi, I'm currently in the process of figuring out my next career move and would like some help/advice from this community. I switched careers from...

jhaldrup in Indianapolis, Indiana

Updated 73 months ago

Which is a better education track for an accountant? - 1 Reply

An undergraduate degree in English (I hear that accontants are known to be bad writers) or Economics with a Masters in Business Administration with a...

Kirk Ward in Ellijay, Georgia

Updated 73 months ago

Career in accounting and management - 1 Reply

I have completed Masters in Bussiness administration with major Accounting. I want to develop my career in accounting and management. I don't have US...

jasondloving in Livingston, Texas

Updated 75 months ago

Job options for someone with a two year accounting degree - 2 Replies

I wanted to know if someone could tell me what jobs I would be qualified for with a two year accounting degree.

suhas in India

Updated 75 months ago

Getting ahead... - 1 Reply

What is the best training for becoming a hirable accountant? What types of ongoing training or certifications are necessary to be an effective...

AOUAR Khalil in Algeria

Look for work in the area of accounting

I have 6 Years experience and I'm university . bac.techn.accounting Year 1991 Certificate university of Applied Studies (DEUA)Year 2006. language:...

Nathan in Columbus, Ohio

Research about Accounting

Hi, I just have a few questions that I need help answering for a paper I'm writing for one of my classes about accounting. If someone could please...

Lynne in Quincy, Massachusetts

Updated 76 months ago

Any accountant willing to take on a small private job? - 3 Replies

Hi, I need a US-based CPA/accountant who can take 12 of my monthly brokerage statements and produce two documents that detail my annual...

TOMT DEUR in Hamilton, Bermuda

FINANANCE & ACCOUNTS

I HAVE AN ACCOUNING DEGREE BUT NO EXPERIENCE IN GAAP, IFRS ,HEDGE FUND AND INSURANCE.HOW I CAN I GET A JOB IN FINANCE AND ACOUNT

Nicole B P in Long Island, New York

Independent Recruiter for Long Island CPA firm

I am currently interested in speaking with polished professionals who may be interested in working for a mid-level, multi-faceted, growing CPA firm...

Kelly Christian in Indianapolis, Indiana

accounting/finance

I am at the opposite end of the spectrum to most of you. I have 16 years experience in accounting and finance but I have only taken a few accounting...

kerry in Motherwell, United Kingdom

accounting degree

what is the timetable like

A. E. in Seattle, Washington

Updated 78 months ago

What am I doing wrong? SOS - 3 Replies

I have M.Ed.in Math. I was not happy with my urban teaching/ suburban subbing so got my Bachelor in Accounting(well, equivalent). Of course I have...

lequetta in Phoenix, Arizona

Updated 78 months ago

career change from IT to Accounting - 2 Replies

I got my IS degree and have been working in IT (as a web & database developer) for past 13 years. I also have BS in Accounting. Is there anyone who...

lequetta in Phoenix, Arizona

Updated 78 months ago

staff accountant - 1 Reply

Is there any major difference betwen staff accountant and accountant? thanks in advance for answers. Acc

Richard Scuderi in Cary, North Carolina

Updated 78 months ago

Accounting Positions,,,,,,,if you're qualified - 1 Reply

Let me be frank,,,,I've read a lot of post on this site, I've commented on many and I agree with most. Now let me say this: If you are serious...

CJ in Las Vegas, Nevada

Tax Table Update

Looking for Mas 90 TTU

KKK000HHH in Alabama

Working as a accountant

i am working as accountant in different firm since las 7 years, and looking new job as accountant in online. i am not getting. do you have any...

divs in Brea, California

Want to take up accounting as a career path

I have done my BCOM-(Accountancy Honours) and MBA-Fin from India. I have a 5 yrs experience in investment advisory and sales/relationship...

rccola in buena park, California

Getting out of the military with B.A in business. How do I get started in accounting

I have been in for 4 yrs and I have my B.A in business and i want to pursue a career in accounting.But I am lost on where to start.Need help in...

Accounting Acquisition Agent in Gahanna, Ohio

Updated 82 months ago

public accounting vs private sector - 1 Reply

Is it feasible and easy for a CPA candidate to get into public accounting after being employed in the private sector for few years

Jason in Sacramento, California

Updated 84 months ago

Question about a career in accounting - 1 Reply

I’m good at math; however, my ability to compute numbers in my head is inadequate. I need a calculator or paper and pencil to answer most math...

Araxia Batmanian in Montreal, Quebec

Updated 84 months ago

entry lavel bookeeper - 1 Reply

Tatiana Zadonscaia 1802 Ocean Parkway apt C18, Brooklyn, NY 11223. Phone: (718) 627- 3492 HIGHLIGHTS OF EXPERIENCE • Self...

emilio in Managua, Nicaragua

Updated 84 months ago

A good website for audit related news - 1 Reply

If you are looking for a good source of daily updated news related to information technology auditing or general auditing news, check out...

Frustrated in Kansas City in Kansas City, Missouri

Updated 85 months ago

Should I get my masters and should I move - 3 Replies

Hi, I have always wanted to move out of New York to someplace affordable. Both my boyfriend and I will be getting our accounting degrees. I know I...

shashee in Dallas, Texas

1 year experience requirement for CPA licensing - now or later after clearing all cpa exams

hi - i am a CPA student. recently cleared 1st exam of CPA. Now, Worried about 1 yr work experience reqd for CPA licensing.Is it advisable to work in...

Jamey in Seattle, Washington

Need Your Help. . .

Hi all of you accountants out there. This thread is for accountants that either have their own business or work for a firm that provides accounting...

Audrey (Host) in Austin, Texas

HKI CPA Recruitment Video

Ron Malkin in Kingston, Jamaica

Bi Lingual-Dual Currency medium business financial and management software

We are looking for software for a firm who run a small factory and sell to 250 customers. The company sell its own products and other imported...

Audrey (Host) in Austin, Texas

Updated 90 months ago

Starting Salaries - 3 Replies

Hi, I am a senior college student and I will be graduating in May with a BS in Accountancy. I already accepted a full time position with Deloitte in...

Tanya in Dallas, TX

Updated 96 months ago

To be the best... - 1 Reply

What are the top 3 traits or skills every accountant must have to excel? Can you suggest any tips or insights to develop your accountant expertise?

Tanya in Dallas, TX

Updated 96 months ago

Show me the money... - 1 Reply

What are typical accountant salaries? Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this...

Host

The best part is...

What do you enjoy most about accountant work? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and...

Page: « Previous   1  2  3  4 

What's great about where you work? If you could change one thing about your job, what would it be? Got a question? Share the best and worst about what you do and where you work by joining a discussion or starting your own.

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.