Any Advice???

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

RockinLikeMe in gaylord, Michigan

58 months ago

I need some advice. I want to go back to school to pursue a degree in accounting. My previous degree was in social science and I have no business background. My goal is to become a financial analyst and I am wondering if I should go back to school and do a second bachelors degree in accounting or go for the graduate degree in accountancy. Also, since I only want to work as a financial analyst would it be better for me to just take the CFA or should I take the CPA? Any advice???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

RockinLikeMe in gaylord, Michigan

57 months ago

Hello!!!!

ElTrucha in Hickory, North Carolina

57 months ago

I'm in pretty much the exact same boat with a less relevant second degree.

I'm concerned that I would have no chance at getting into a graduate degree in accounting with only a BS in Biology.

Please answer the above question I'm sure there are other people in our situation.

reyup in Chicago, Illinois

57 months ago

I spent 7 years in sales after getting my undergrad degree in marketing. I scored decent on the GMAT (680) and got into a decent master of accounting program. Even though I had no accounting experience, I did land an internship through my schools career office. Right before graduation I landed a job as a tax auditor with a state DOR.

It can be done.

Professional Tax Preparer in Tampa, Florida

56 months ago

I was a financial analyst for a large company for a few years. I have a bachelor's and master's degree in accounting. CFA is for people that want to be financial advisors or work primarily in investments/banking. The CPA is better for someone that wants to be a financial analyst/finance manager.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.