Becoming a tax auditor

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 290)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

Reyup in Chicago, Illinois

84 months ago

Vince, we're talking about a position as an auditor with the state of NY.

I did interview with the California Franchise Tax Board as well, but I don't know anything about the Board of Equalization.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

srp_0929

84 months ago

Vince in Rowland Heights, California said: I have an interview next week for a tax auditor position in Van Nuys California for the Board of Equalization and just wanted to know if this is the position that you guys are talking about? Thanks in advance

this is with the ny state for tax auditor trainee positions and the interview were started around 18th may n went for 1.5 week....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

srp_0929

84 months ago

Reyup in Chicago, Illinois said: Vince, we're talking about a position as an auditor with the state of NY.

I did interview with the California Franchise Tax Board as well, but I don't know anything about the Board of Equalization.

hey how r u doing?? looks like ur online too..wht do u think when will they make a decision ??

chi in New York, New York

84 months ago

They told me the same dates you guys are talking about here. Can you believe about 150 had to be interviewed because they all scored 100? State law requires it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

srp_0929 said: hey how r u doing?? looks like ur online too..wht do u think when will they make a decision ??

I was hoping to hear something this week, if I don't hear by Friday, I'm gonna call on Monday. Just don't want to bug them too much, I'm sure they're getting a ton of calls.

fyi in Bronx, New York

84 months ago

Don't call they will call you if you are selected. The person you will talk to, will have no clue on the interview, believe me. Just sit, and wait. You guies will be fine.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

srp_0929

84 months ago

chi in New York, New York said: They told me the same dates you guys are talking about here. Can you believe about 150 had to be interviewed because they all scored 100? State law requires it.

u mean state wide 150 candidates or just newyork city coz if it is sate wide then its not so bad rite??...lets see if we hear something today.....

84 months ago

srp_0929 said: u mean state wide 150 candidates or just newyork city coz if it is sate wide then its not so bad rite??...lets see if we hear something today.....

No just the Manhattan office. I called the BK office and she told me they had about the same number of candidates. To be honest i think we all need a bit of luck here. For the Manhattan office the last number i heard is that they are looking for 14 people out of the 150. I hope BK is looking for more than 14.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

needajob in New York, New York

84 months ago

no word yet on the position

84 months ago

does anyone know if its definite that they are going to call this week or next?

need acctg in chicagoland, Illinois

84 months ago

I interviewed for this position as well on the 18th. Waiting for the call.

srp_0929

84 months ago

need acctg in chicagoland, Illinois said: I interviewed for this position as well on the 18th. Waiting for the call.

i had mine on 18th too they told during the interview they would let us known by 1st week of june but then when i called last week at the office she was sure that it will take atleast 2 weeks frm last monday so that means by end of next week .....frm then im totally confussed ..im gonna wait till tomm n if not call the office on monday..its driving me crazzzzzzzy......

84 months ago

srp_0929 said: i had mine on 18th too they told during the interview they would let us known by 1st week of june but then when i called last week at the office she was sure that it will take atleast 2 weeks frm last monday so that means by end of next week .....frm then im totally confussed ..im gonna wait till tomm n if not call the office on monday..its driving me crazzzzzzzy......

which office did you call

srp_0929

84 months ago

needajob in New York, New York said: which office did you call

upstate office...did anyone recive any call yet i got an unavailable call on my cell which i usually dont n it got disconeceted so since then im was it frm them or someonm else... i known if it was frm them they would have tried calling again but right now im very uneasy.... so pls if anyone got a call pls can u let me known...

84 months ago

Still no word. I was pretty optimistic last week, now, not so much.

fyi in Bronx, New York

84 months ago

Take it easy. They will call you by the end of next week. I used to work for the dept. and they called me 2 weeks after the end of the month. It is not 2 weeks after the interview. Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

srp_0929

84 months ago

Reyup in Chicago, Illinois said: Still no word. I was pretty optimistic last week, now, not so much.

ya i too think the same now.........i called them yesterday n they said they r in a process of selecting the candidates and also waiting for the approval on the budget thing for these positions....so im just going to try to forget it for now ...

je30501 in Chicago, Illinois

84 months ago

Hey Reyup, I interviewed the same day as you. I haven't heard anything either way yet either. I'm trying to stay optimistic and not call and bug them! Let me know if you hear anything.

84 months ago

do you think that this week they will make there decision?

app in Chicago, Illinois

84 months ago

any update from the ny

app in Chicago, Illinois

84 months ago

they will take decision in this week for sure

srp_0929

84 months ago

app in Chicago, Illinois said: any update from the ny

no not yet, i called the upstate ny office on friday and they told me they r in a process of selecting the candidates and also waiting for the approval on the budget thing for these positions....so they told me it will take about 1.5 weeks frm friday 5th may..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

funky brother in Bronx, New York

84 months ago

srp_0929 said: no not yet, i called the upstate ny office on friday and they told me they r in a process of selecting the candidates and also waiting for the approval on the budget thing for these positions....so they told me it will take about 1.5 weeks frm friday 5th may..

do you friday 5th june or 5th may. i interviewed at garden city. i have not heard from them as well. lets keep praying.

srp_0929

84 months ago

funky brother in Bronx, New York said: do you friday 5th june or 5th may. i interviewed at garden city. i have not heard from them as well. lets keep praying.

i am so sorry i meant 5th june(last friday i called them).....

84 months ago

thanks for your prompt reply. at the garden city office, they wanted to hire 15 for the franchise tax department and 15for the sales tax department. however, i do not have an idea as to the number of applicants they were interviewing.

viinncceee in Rowland Heights, California

84 months ago

Can you guys give me any additional interview questions they asked? I have an interview tomorrow in for a tax auditor position in Los Angeles

84 months ago

Vince, is you position with the state of new york?

84 months ago

Reyup in Chicago, Illinois said: Vince, is you position with the state of new york?

No its not. Its for the BOE for the state California but i just wanted to get some tips or interview questions you guys might remember for my interview tomorrow.

fyi in Bronx, New York

84 months ago

Hello

Here are some questions that I was asked during my internview.

1) Tell me about the types of people you have trouble getting along?

2) How would you rate your writting skills coparison to yuour verbal skill?

3) Why should we hire you?

4) Where do you see your self in 5 years in this department?

5) Why do you want to work for this department?

6) What would your previous supervisor say about about you if we call him/her right now?

7) How do you generally handle a conflict with your supervisor?

8) Why shoud we select you among all other candidates?

9) Describe to us what is it that we do here?

Hope this would be helpful.

If anything write back and I will try to give you more info. By the way this was in NY.

Take care, and good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

Vince,
The interview with NY was very unstructured, just asking about yourself and a few specifics about your resume.

I interviewed for California Franchise Tax Board a while back, that was much more structured. Asking how you would handle a situation where you disagreed with a more senior auditor and things like that. Can't remember anything else, if I think of it, I'll post.

84 months ago

Thank you for your input! i appreciate it!

srp_0929

84 months ago

Hi everyone :-- did anyone call the office, any updates?? did anyone get a call?
arent they taking too long? what do u guys think??

84 months ago

no news as yet. lets keep our fingers crossed. they are taking too long.

84 months ago

funky brother in Bronx, New York said: no news as yet. lets keep our fingers crossed. they are taking too long.

i spoke to someone at nys and they told me that they are still in the decision stage

84 months ago

The NYS positions are suppose to start on the 25th and i think they are betting the budget will pass by then because the 22nd is the last day for the state congress current session.

So we should hear back as soon as the budget passes in my opinion unless your district is still determining who to select.

The Manhattan office asked for references on interview day but my references told me they haven't been contacted.

Anyone who interviewed in the Manh office had their references contacted?

a in Buffalo, New York

84 months ago

Hi everyone
I interviewed for the tax auditor trainee position in Buffalo about 2 weeks ago, and I just heard back from them on Monday. Obviously every office is different. My guess is since the start date is on June 25, they will probably make all their decisions within this week.
Best of luck!

srp_0929

84 months ago

a in Buffalo, New York said: Hi everyone
I interviewed for the tax auditor trainee position in Buffalo about 2 weeks ago, and I just heard back from them on Monday. Obviously every office is different. My guess is since the start date is on June 25, they will probably make all their decisions within this week.
Best of luck!

hey congrats on that... i was interviewed for albany office just curious did u have any prior experience i have a very little exp n a score of 95 what was urs if u dont mind... so what did they tell u like the start date n stuff? any idea if they contacted ur refrences..any inputs will really help us all a lot.. thanks n conratulation again..

a in Buffalo, New York

84 months ago

Thanks!
I just graduated, so I only had an accounting internship. My score was 100
My start date would be June 25, I will receive an offer letter in the mail. They mentioned there will be training and orientation in Albany (but nothing is set yet). Hope you get the job, maybe I can meet you!
I don't think they contact any of my references, but I know they did contact my professor for another candidate from my school.
Hope this helps. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

Congrats A, don't know if this will make me freak out less, or more, lol.

srp_0929

84 months ago

Reyup in Chicago, Illinois said: Congrats A, don't know if this will make me freak out less, or more, lol.

hey reyup what dp u think now will they let us know in this week ..its good to known that a in buffalo was called and offered the job..it makes me think r they going frm buffalo to ny one after the other is it?(frm upsate to nycity in the geographic order)im really nervous now...

a in Buffalo, New York

84 months ago

Reyup in Chicago, Illinois said: Congrats A, don't know if this will make me freak out less, or more, lol.

ah sorry i didnt mean to make anyone freak out! i figure every little bit of info helps esp in this tough environment.

just curious, did everyone here go through recruiting season with public accounting firms, or you always knew you wanted a job with the government?

srp_0929

84 months ago

a in Buffalo, New York said: ah sorry i didnt mean to make anyone freak out! i figure every little bit of info helps esp in this tough environment.

just curious, did everyone here go through recruiting season with public accounting firms, or you always knew you wanted a job with the government?

hey it was really good of u to share the info atleast we have some idea rather than to be in the dark n knowing that the things r moving hey btw do u remember the date u were interviewed? n u mentioned ur friends reference was contacted so did ur friend get the offer too or anyone else u known frm albnay received?just trying to guess abt myself from ur inputs..n thanks again for sharing the info...

srp_0929

84 months ago

Anyone any updates guys??..

84 months ago

srp_0929 said: Anyone any updates guys??..

still waiting

a in Buffalo, New York

84 months ago

my guess is since they are on a hiring freeze, it is taking some locations longer to get approval?

i interviewed on may 22...my professor is the one who told me that she got contacted for someone else, but i didn't ask who. I dont know anyone from Albany...sorry. Did they ever tell who how many positions they are trying to fill? I think they told me there were 20 positions in Buffalo

je30501 in Chicago, Illinois

84 months ago

Hey guys! I interviewed at the Chicago location in late May and I got the call back yesterday! This office also starts June 25th and has training in Albany over the summer. Congrats A! Hope everything goes well for you!

84 months ago

je30501 in Chicago, Illinois said: Hey guys! I interviewed at the Chicago location in late May and I got the call back yesterday! This office also starts June 25th and has training in Albany over the summer. Congrats A! Hope everything goes well for you!

did they call you in the morning or afternoon

app in Chicago, Illinois

84 months ago

any update from the chicago office ???

app in Chicago, Illinois

84 months ago

did anybody call to chicago office ? any update ?

84 months ago

standard time for employers to give you notice is two weeks before the start date. I think today is the last day they will be contacting canidates because the start date is june 25th

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.