Becoming a tax auditor

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 200 of 228)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

a in Buffalo, New York

71 months ago

accounting, do you have facebook/whats your email. It might be easier to chat through there instead of here.
thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

accounting in New York, New York

71 months ago

a in Buffalo, New York said: accounting, do you have facebook/whats your email. It might be easier to chat through there instead of here.
thanks

Yea I have fb. I think you should be able to search it using my email (twong6@buffalo.edu).

Fanny in San Jose, California

62 months ago

Reyup in Chicago, Illinois said: Vince, we're talking about a position as an auditor with the state of NY.

I did interview with the California Franchise Tax Board as well, but I don't know anything about the Board of Equalization.

Hi, I am going to have an interview with Franchise Tax Board in 2 weeks later. They told me that there will be 2 parts of the interview. The first part is oral interview for 30 mins and the second part is a written analysis for 15 mins.
Could you please let me know what questions they will ask in both the oral and written interview.
I need your help plase. Many thanks.

Fanny in San Jose, California

62 months ago

Reyup in Chicago, Illinois said: Vince,
The interview with NY was very unstructured, just asking about yourself and a few specifics about your resume.

I interviewed for California Franchise Tax Board a while back, that was much more structured. Asking how you would handle a situation where you disagreed with a more senior auditor and things like that. Can't remember anything else, if I think of it, I'll post.

Hi,
I will be having an interview with Franchise Tax Board in two weeks.
Could you please let me know what questions they asked during the interview?
I need your help, please. Many Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

kc123 in New York, New York

59 months ago

Anybody hear from NY tax auditor position this year?

FYI in Bronx, New York

59 months ago

They just hire Auditor back in the middle of February.

kc123 in New York, New York

59 months ago

Oh okay thanks... guess they are not hiring anytime soon again

MZK in Elmhurst, New York

59 months ago

I called them the other day and the lady told me right now there is nothing going on and they are waiting for the State Budget to pass.

StateAuditorNY in Des Moines, Iowa

57 months ago

Hi, I want to apply for it but i feared i would be at disadvantage because i doesnt have any audit or tax working experience. Will that make me lose a lot of points.. however, i have 7as for accounting subject. Can I know what marks do you guys get without working experience.
Anybody got an interview with no working experience?

shuka in Bronx, New York

53 months ago

Anyone applied to NYS this year?

tootsie in White Plains, New York

50 months ago

Has any one interviewed with NYC Taxation at the Brooklyn office. How many interviews before they make an offer?

delone in Brooklyn, New York

49 months ago

tootsie in White Plains, New York said: Has any one interviewed with NYC Taxation at the Brooklyn office. How many interviews before they make an offer?

It should be the standard 2 interviews before they make a decision.

Tootsie in Bronx, New York

49 months ago

Does anyone know if NYC Dept. Of taxation hire already, thy were conducting interviews like 5 weeks ago. I went to a second interview, but never got either he phone call or the letter. Do they send a rejection letter if you don't get an offer?

Fannycat in Anaheim, California

49 months ago

As I know, they don't send rejection letter. Their interview is a bit slow compare with private company, so you may know to contact their recruiters or interviews to follow up about your status.

shuka in Bronx, New York

49 months ago

Anyone received an offer from NYC Taxation?

49 months ago

Did you interview with them?

shuka in Bronx, New York

49 months ago

tootsie in White Plains, New York said: Did you interview with them?

I applied

49 months ago

I heard that they will notify one way or the other. I don't know if there is a freeze in the NYC budget, or if they already did the hiring. I interview twice, I am waiting...

rose in Houston, Texas

49 months ago

Does anyone know whats going on with the hiring freeze?

T0M in La Canada Flintridge, California

48 months ago

FR0M EXPERIENCE H0W L0NG D0ES IT USUALLY TAKE T0 HEAR A RESP0NSE AFTER THE HIRING INTERVIEW F0R A TAX AUDIT0R? IF ANY0NE KN0WS. S0RRY F0R THE CAPS KEYB0ARD BR0KEN.

Kisha in Brooklyn, New York

48 months ago

Tootsie in Bronx, New York said: Does anyone know if NYC Dept. Of taxation hire already, thy were conducting interviews like 5 weeks ago. I went to a second interview, but never got either he phone call or the letter. Do they send a rejection letter if you don't get an offer?

I do not think they are hiring yet because I have my second interview sometime next week with the Brooklyn location.

48 months ago

What kind of questions did they ask at the second interview? Was it a group interview like the first?
Answers would be greatly appreciated.

Tootsie in New York, New York

48 months ago

Same format as first interview. Yes is a group interview. How long ago was your first interview?

48 months ago

It's has been about three weeks

Tootsie in New York, New York

48 months ago

Good luck!!!

48 months ago

Tootsie in New York, New York said: Good luck!!!

Thank you and same to you

Jia in Flushing, New York

48 months ago

Anyone know what's going on this year NY city audior? I went for interews twice and my second interview as 3/28, whihc is first day of two-week process for second intervew as they told me. They said they would give offer of reject starting 3rd week. But it's been five weeks since my second intervew. I feel discouraged but still waid for anwer. Anyone know anything?

Jia in Flushing, New York

48 months ago

(Sorry for the typo in preview comments. I don't know how to delete that one. I typed too fast...)
Anyone know what's going on this year NY city audior? I went for interews twice and my second interview as 3/28, which was the first day of two-week process for second intervew as they told me. They said they would give out offers of rejects starting the 3rd week. But it has been five weeks since my second intervew. I feel discouraged but still wait for anwer. Anyone know anything?

47 months ago

Have anyone heard anything from the Brooklyn office?

CLA in Cleveland, Ohio

47 months ago

I haven't heard anything from the Brooklyn Office as yet. I tried calling, but no one seems to know whats going on. They could not give an answer, but I was told to wait a little longer.

Michael in Brooklyn, New York

46 months ago

Has anyone received a call back yet?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

LJ

46 months ago

Nope still waiting.

NYS Worker in Bronx, New York

46 months ago

Don't waist you time. The State have been firing workers this whole week. You have not read or watch the news. They are letting workers off. They are not hiring. I work there, and I still afraid to be laid off. I have been working there for the past 2 years.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

andyp777 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

41 months ago

Hey Reyup - I just happen to be in FL (south FL near Ft. Lauderdale) & am doing a phone interview tomorrow morning for a state Dept. of Revenue tax auditor (II) position - not my first interview with them, not my first for an auditor position either. I'm trying to remember some of the questions I have been asked in past interviews so I can do a better & more concise job of answering them this time, plus just being more confident in general. God bless to you & the others on here - did any of you ever get any of the jobs you interviewed for, & how long did it take you to get one? I finished MY accounting MBA program online 4 years ago this month & have worked at a non-accounting job (until the company closed last year) while still interviewing for various positions, both in the field & outside it (sadly, none yet, but God willing on this or other recent ones...) Sincerely, Andrew J. Persac

Reyup in Chicago, Illinois said: Mine's on Thursday. Any info you could share?

I got called for state of Florida last week. I went in today to take a test. Was kind of weird. Some basic math questions, percentages and whatnot, and then questions like "Describe internal controls" and "Briefly describe the difference between cash based and accrual based accounting"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

klpst20 in Aliquippa, Pennsylvania

40 months ago

hi.. i have a skills test scheduled next week for a tax auditor I position with the state of florida. im just wondering what kinds of questions might be on this test? if anyone knows could you please share them with me!! thanks in advance!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

trice in Hammond, Indiana

30 months ago

Reyup in Chicago, Illinois said: you guys might want to ask questions about career paths and things like that on
accounting . com

there's a discussion board there about careers, and most of the people who post there are practicing accountants.

Do they do credit checks or just background check for auditor trainee, do you know? chicago

Luis Garcia in Hialeah, Florida

28 months ago

trice in Hammond, Indiana said: Do they do credit checks or just background check for auditor trainee, do you know? chicago

Hello,

They do a civil, and criminal background checks. Also, they check your credit and believe it or not, The state of NJ checked my driving records for the last 7 years. I have two speeding tickets and 1 parking ticket, and I wasn't offered the tax auditor job even though the manager wanted me to start. So if you don't have a perfect credit, civil and criminal records, don't even apply.

Also, I've been looking for work for almost 3 years and I'm an accountant with 10 years experience with an MBA. Very bad economy...........

chulaxox in San Diego, California

13 months ago

Fanny in San Jose, California said: Hi, I am going to have an interview with Franchise Tax Board in 2 weeks later. They told me that there will be 2 parts of the interview. The first part is oral interview for 30 mins and the second part is a written analysis for 15 mins.
Could you please let me know what questions they will ask in both the oral and written interview.
I need your help plase. Many thanks.

Hi,
I will have an interview with the FTB in a couple days. Any advice? What questions did they ask?

Toby99 in Addison, Illinois

12 months ago

Has anyone applied for the Tax Auditor Trainee 1 position with the New York Department of Taxation and Finance this spring? Has anyone received a response? Thanks!

Stun3r in Pearl River, New York

12 months ago

I received a call for NYS yesterday.

12 months ago

Wonderful! I was told my app is being processed. Did you set up an interview?

12 months ago

When NYS Dept of Finance and Taxation called they wanted to confirm my full name and current email addressee. I was told this was regarding the Auditor 1 position and that they were emailing me info about an interview.

Unfortunately, I have not received the email yet. I'm going to give it a few more days.

12 months ago

Thanks for responding! I hope you get an email very soon. I'm really hoping to hear something soon myself!

Jaysmith123457 in Newark, New Jersey

12 months ago

Could anyone tell me about the screening process? Do they perform an audit of your previous state tax returns?

12 months ago

Unsure, but I know some employers do check credit, etc. Has anyone heard anything?

Bonnie40 in Staten Island, New York

12 months ago

Stun3r in Pearl River, New York said: I received a call for NYS yesterday.

was this after your received a canvass letter?

12 months ago

I just received the Canvass Letter.

Kyatto in Jamaica, New York

12 months ago

I received a call because I was on the list and was e-mailed an employment form to complete. They said if I'm selected for an interview, I will be contacted.

Bonnie40 in New York, New York

12 months ago

Stun3r in Pearl River, New York said: I just received the Canvass Letter.

Oh so they called you and then you received the canvass letter.. They just sent me a canvass letter but didn't call.

Faxed back the documents today good luck everyone

NWalk in Los Angeles, California

12 months ago

Congratulations to those that received a job offer.
Regarding the California FTB for the Tax Auditor Range A (entry level), did they offer the minimum $3,106 or the maximum $3,966?
Thank you.

www.ftb.ca.gov/human_resources/audit/audit_sal_mq.shtml

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.