CPA Exams

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)


33 months ago

Hello - Graduated 2 years with BSc in Accounting - Need some advise, my job is very demanding, I cannot leave or take a pay cut at this moment.
However, I need to start my CPA this year - What is the best advise to move forward.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

thefinancewriter in Georgetown, Texas

33 months ago

Almost every state now requires 150 hours of higher education to qualify for a CPA license. You may, however, be able to sit for the CPA exam with only the hours that qualified you for the bachelor's degree. Don’t worry… you are not the first person to have a demanding job plus need time to study for the CPA exam and complete your education requirements. If you work in public accounting, your employer should be encouraging you to obtain your CPA credentials.

If you do not work in public accounting, you will probably need to change jobs to meet the experience qualifications for a CPA license. Many states require some audit experience for licensing of CPAs and all states insist on some work history under the supervision of an existing CPA.

You must commit to the time required to prepare for the CPA exam with a quality review course. An affordable online self-paced course is available at You can join the community of students on this website for free to obtain study planning advise and insights.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Me in Woodbridge, Virginia

19 months ago

Virginia doesnt require you to work under a cpa nor audit work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.