Entry Level CPA job

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 386)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

Mike

59 months ago

I'm not suggesting that education is worthless. It will always increase the opportunities available to college graduates. But it's far from a guarantee that a good job and stable career will be attained. It's just a risk people take when they get into debt to try and better themselves in a cut-throat world. My education was free thanks to my military service. Others I know, however, are in serious financial trouble. A friend of mine went to a very good law school, got a really good job, then lost it. Now she's a secretary and had to move back in with her parents becasue she can't support herself with all the student loan debt.

Anyways, I'm totally off topic here.
I just get pissed off when society keeps telling people that education is a ticket to a good career.

It's more like a raffle ticket.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Marian in Saint Petersburg, Florida

59 months ago

To Mike in Washington:

Okay granted. I understand where you are coming from. Your perspective and realistic view is particially correct, and please this is a supportive statement. I know that advertizing may stretch the truth and sometimes human nature would like to believe that the advertizing was 100% correct. Sometimes innocently the student may believe it to be completely true.
Even foreigners come to the USA to obtain the education so that they can live the American Dream. So with that said, as a new graduate maybe we all do not have the wonderful and immediate position with the Big Four, Earnst & Young, Deloitte & Touche, KMPG, Price, Waterhouse, Coopers. I have had contact with those who have started at the Big Four and even then they are dillusioned into believing they are going to make it to the top and they don't. So these people I know either, leave and start their own practice, stay and grumble or they move to a different division within the corporation because they realize to become a partner is so far reaching that they decide that there are better options. As a result, it truthfully depends upon what we do with what we have. Try to look at your glass half full, make the most of what you have, look at all the angles how you can achieve your goals and dreams. Write them down, what do you want to do with what you have? Not all CPA's go into public practice. Many of them learn different aspects of different types of entities and then they find ways to start their own business. Because they have the understanding and concepts of an accounting degree they have a higher percentage of knowing how to run their company. The range is so broad that there is opportunity out there. It takes research and a lot of mental sweat equity.

As for your friend who has a law degree, I can appreciate her situation. I too will have a large tuition debt and I will have to pay it back BUT I am not going to let that stop me.

more.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

To Mike in Washington:

As for your educated friends...I am sorry for their situation. As for your friends who are not educated and are successful, I would like to make a point about the difference between your underemployeed educated friends and your successful educated friends. Determination, not willing to quit, passion, drive, resourceful, looking at all angles, always looking for opportunity. Those are the differences. We in America are resiliant resourceful people who strive to the highest places. In the end it all depends upon the person and how much they want to achieve their goals instead of expecting something to drop in their lap. No I may not ever work for the Big 4 accounting firms but I can guarantee you that the public accouting firms I know of make a good salary and they are happy. I also know of CPA's who took another direction and started their own entity and on the side they have other bookkeeping services. They are also making a lot of money, they are in control of their destinty and they are also very happy. So Please I do encourge you to network with as many people out there, make friends with these who are successful, ask many questions, ask why they do what they do and it is a great learning experience you can take to the bank. I hope this helps and I am happy that you have not given up. Yes those who are up there in the big firms are full of themselves and play mind games but just remember, are they really happy?? Find you way and dreams to fulfill your goals now that you have your CPA license. There is a way.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

MJ in Belmar, New Jersey

59 months ago

As Marian suggested, the most outwardly-"successful" people I've met have not been the happiest. Some are downright miserable. Salary is important to an extent, but how engaged (not obsessed!) you are with what you do for a living is essential for job satisfaction.

The best jobs I've had weren't the highest-paid.

Go to functions held by your state CPA Society. If nothing else it will keep you focused on the fact that you ARE a professional. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

MJ in Belmar, New Jersey

59 months ago

Mike, you were in the military?

Thank you.

Also, check out usajobs.gov. Your being a veteran will give you a leg up, I believe, and the Feds are hiring like crazy right now, especially Defense and Homeland Security.

I have a friend who got her Federal agency accounting job from that site, and she swears by it. Another friend was just hired by the Army as a technical writer. I just completed an online simulation for being an IRS Revenue Agent. It was a kind-of-cool experience. But I first saw the opening at usajobs.gov. Try it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Sue in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

58 months ago

I passed the cpa exams in early this year. I found that the CPA exams are not hard at all, so may be so many people can pass the CPA exams and some of them like me could not find a job. I know some accounting firms only have one third of employees are CPAs. I do not know the reasons that US governments do not require people who are doing public accounting jobs should be CPAs in order to enhence the quality of professional accounting work. People could not pass such simple CPA exams, and how can do public accounting jobs? and let those who already passed the CPA exams hanging in the job market.
I say that because I was a C student in accounting school in UF, and passed the CPA exams in ten months, and also I was doing a part time in a restaurant during studying for the CPA exams. I came from China ten years ago and have no visa problem. In China, anyone who passes the CPA exams can got hired immediately. I do not know why these accounting firms in US do not give people who passed the CPA exams a opportunity to start their career. They just require 150 college credits to take the CPA exams, but they do not want some one who passed the CPAs exams. Actually, I really do not care the pay, but I like to have a career in accounting because I am very good on working with numbers.
I thought I may need to back to community college to get a A.S accounting degree to get a accounting job. Can someone tell me that do I have to do that?

58 months ago

Congratulations on passing the CPA exam! People like you have a very high work ethic. Sue, may I ask how many firms you have applied for? Why am I asking? I have the impression that perhaps you were trying very hard to get hired at a certain firm? I also have the impression that firm did not want to hire you and they found every credible reason not to hire you. If you are serious about starting your career as a licensed CPA then it is necessary to have a certain level of humility and to never come across too aggressive. They want to hire someone who is teachable. Also, it might help to expand your horizons for employment opportunities since you have a license. Finally, understand that just because you do have a license and you have your degree it does not necessarily mean you have the experience. There are many behind the scenes work that is not taught in the classroom and can only be gained by experience. If you ever have the opportunity to work for a firm, understand that you will be as the student again and be willing to listen respond and follow the more experienced CPA's who have been doing this for years. I do not have my license yet and I have another two years of Graduate courses before I am licensed but at the same time I have been working at a firm for two years and it is quite different than college. I hope this helps you. My intent is to encourage you because there are other ways and opportunties. Keep looking, it is out there.

olivera in West Palm Beach, Florida

58 months ago

Hi Sue,

Nowdays, it is very hard to get any kind of job except Registered nurse job. I am CPA licensed, working low paid part time job in acctg in finance industry. Excellent student with 3.9/4 GPA in acctg, passed all 4 parts of CPA exam at first try with scores between 80-90. I am so sad and dissapointed with what have happened with my expectations after getting CPA license. It seems to me ,now that it was not so hard. The hardest thing is to get a job where you can practice what you learned!

I have a friend who is a senior manager in one of the BIG4, who was not able to help me. She said they cut jobs there , too. I visited all agency that recruite people in acct profession. I took a million Excel, Word, bookkeeping, and acctg test through them, scored highly and they did not offer me any jobs ? Depressing? Yes.

Sent many resumes through Monster, Indeed, etc... nothing happened.?
Went to Job fair at my University. Planted so many resumes, dressed nicely in business suit, .... No offers.....

I am working now in acctg field ( more data entry job) with no opportunity to advance and practice what I have learned. Hiding my CPA license from them. And I am sure 100% if I have told my current employer at the interview I have a CPA license that they would not hired me. They actually, do not need my skill and my knowledge. That is a fact.

My suggestion is that you try H&R Block. Tax season is coming. Go to their website, fill out application and take online test. They will call you in January. They pay $8 /hour, but it is something you can put on your resume.

We should not give up. Think to be volunteer with IRS-VITA org,.....
It is very good to be busy, so you do not have time to think how bad it is.

I wish you all the best and I feel for you. take care

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

To: Olivera in West Palm Beach, Florida

Wow! May I ask how much your hourly wages are? Did you have any experience before working for this current employer? Before I was hired at the firm I was making more than twice the amount you suggested Sue can get from H & R Block. BTW many of these companies hire an individual part time a first because they want to see if the new employee is a good fit and that they like their job. I was working full time for one CPA firm until I was laid off and now my current employer (CPA firm) hired me part time I ended up working more full time and by December I will be permanent full time. This is hope Olivera and I want to encourage Sue that there is a way. I do have to admit that my current employment was given to me by a higher authority. There is a way. BTW Olivera, your current employer is good to have on your resume and I would keep your resume out there for others to see even while you are still working. Network, Network, network. Meet as many people you can who are in the industry. One never knows who you might meet and connect with. I hope this helps.

olivera in West Palm Beach, Florida

58 months ago

$15/hour , no benefits.... sad... Yes, I had some acctg experience...You see, you had someone that recommended you to the current employer. You are lucky!
I thought my friend who works for Deloitte will help me, however it did not happened... My credential, my license, my networking.... no ... I am here now trying to survive this recession . I do not have any more big expectations as I had before... time is very valuable factor.... I had my license , but it doesn't make me happy.

Maybe better times will come. But not soon.... You Marion keep up good work. The pople that work in CPA offices are "ugly", they are "sharks"..... They do not want to help when new collegaue comes... I am not sure if I like to work for them...
Take care..... and all the best...P.S. If you have some "friend" here in South Fl please let him/her know about me..... Let's network! Right? he,he,he

Take care!

58 months ago

Cheer up! At least you are now working and you are gaining experience. No I do not have benefits or at least not yet but try to focus on the glass half full. Yes some CPA offices can be ugly and not share work experience. But not all are like that and even if some are learn from that experience and learn how to draw information and data from that firm. Listen to what they do, what they say. Be like the wall paper and you would be amazed what you can learn from just watching. Also, keep looking for opportunities to do extra work. Ask your current employer that since you are only working part-time if they would mind that you could find other work outside the office. This is how you can get clients. You have a license so you can provide bookkeeping for that client. If I had my license I sure would be hustling out there looking for clients to provide services for. How do you think that these CPA's get clients? They network and talk with people and gain their trust and confidence to provide a service. Keep researching how entrepreneurs look for ways to provide a service for a client. There is a way! It is not going to just appear at your door or drop in your lap. It takes research and mind sweat equity to find a way. I hope this helps. BTW my connection is from divine intervention and not necessarily from a person.

58 months ago

Thank you for your advises. I have a few years work experience in China. It would help me to apply accounting knowledge into real world. I got two very short temp job last year, and they pay me around $15 per hour. My first job is to help the accountant to do bank reconciliation. I listed outstandings on the spreadsheet and helped the accountant to balance fund ledger and bank statements. When we finished the January bank reconciliation, and we found that there is a forty and **% differnece. The accountant said: Ha, do I have to care that only forty dollars different. You just continue to do Fab. Just like that, unil December. I never heard from her any month in the year was exactly matched. I just did as she told because I just wanted to have a reference from the job. She did not go to work in two days because she was sick. I use bank statements as cut off to list outstandings. She said that I did wrong, and I should use fund ledger as cutoff. I told her that I can change for you. She said, you did not work for me. I said, I did. She was mad and said, this is my job, get out of my table. My tears went out after I back to my table. I left the job on the day told the manager that I just finished the tem job. The second temp job is worse than the first one. The old accountant took the big pile invorces in carton from room to room. This is a A/P position. I ask the reasons they do not batch up invorces because they have more than one hundred retail stores; the store managers do not record the exactly the number of materials received, and asked price list from purchace department for authorization. The next day, I got fired. I stopped searching for a job to study for my CPA exams. Probably, I am a unlucky person. If I can get another job, I will make myself like a cat.
Olivera, you would be OK. If you are living in Milwakee, you will find a job to pay you $19 per hour. Your English is better than me.

58 months ago

If you can relocate to North America and have one year experience, you can find job in north America to pay you above $45,000. Some high school graduates to get a job paid $16 per hour. I do not have your experience. My GPA is low, CPA in some case would not help.

Good luck,

58 months ago

I am sorry that the people you had worked for were unethical in their treatment of you. What they did was wrong. If it is of any consolation the HR people who placed you in those positions may have helped you find a job but in the long run they were not entirely concerned with your ability to be a benefit for the company. Rather that HR person was only trying to fulfill their job by filling a job position. If it is of any help to you it is always best to find a job on your own without the help of an HR person. There are many self help guides and material out there that can help you to interview and create a resume so that you can show your best attributes. If you can afford a professional coach that can also be a help but if not, don't fret because you can find a position to help your career. And yes, working in the northern states can pay more money. When living in Florida employers have a tendency to play less because we live in a vacation state. On the other hand if a licensed CPA has their own practice there is greater opportunity to have a lucrative income. Finally, if it helps you, I too have had the unfortunate experience of working for a company that treated me horribly as you past Temp positions. The reason why people like that treat others in that manner is because they are afraid of being replaced. So as a result those who are fearful abuse others. I am sorry about your experience. I want to give you hope that there is a way and that there are some employers who have a higher ethical standard by treating their employees respectfully.

58 months ago

In addition, the HR person you had depended upon to find you work is not a very good person. It is also not helpful to you to give to unethical people the good you have to share. It would be best to make notes about what is happening and then start looking for work else where. I would also not depend on that HR person because their only interest is to keep their own job and they are not so much interested in your career welfare. I am sorry that some people are unethical in taking advantage of your willingness to work and make a difference. I hope this helps.

Mary inTampa in Tampa, Florida

58 months ago

Sue, you were taken advantage of, and made to look worthless and stupid, because you were easy to use. It's the same in ALL job situations.

In a few years, when you have more experience, are a little older, have more self assurance in your skills and self worth - employers and other workers will be less inclined to screw you over; and if they do, you will be able to put them in their place.

58 months ago

To Marian in Saint Petersburg, Florida
I admire that you have managed your career very well, and you will have a good future. The CPA exams are not hard, and you will passed them after you finish your drgree. There are many accouting graduates are doing good job now. When I was in school, I had my new baby and could not make my GPA in Fisher school of UF and do a intern job. Right now I am pushed in this economic situation. People are different. Maybe I was unlucky and met some bad people. Actually, there are many associated graduates in Milwaukee got good accounting job. I have to push the door to open by myself.
Thank you for your encouragement, and your advice would helpful for my future job search. I could not change other people but can change myself to fit people's needs. I am never depressed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Los Angeles, California

58 months ago

Chymeka in Lithonia, Georgia said: Same thing happen to me Alonzo. I got my BA in Accounting. I was told have better chance at passing the CPA exam if took graduate courses. I waited to go back to school because needed income at the time. I ran into a wall, could not find an accounting job. Moved and still no luck. Went ahead and went to graduate school and got my MBA but still no accounting job. So, after all this time of chasing this accounting job, I still have not used any degree I work so hard for. Oh yeah, have tried volunteering, internship, and temp jobs. No direct accounting job. Any advise??

I would suggest not to list your MBA degree in your resume. Apply for any financial position such as AR, AP, Purchasing, Inventory Control, etc just to get in (even with minimum pay).

roz1978 in Columbia, Maryland

58 months ago

Hi All,
I recently got laid off from my job as a proposal writer. I was taking accounting courses while working and became eligible to sit for the CPA. I am planning to sit for the exams soon and was really looking forward to a brand new career. After reading all your comments, am I right in assuming that even if I pass all four parts of the CPA, I will probably not find a job with the Big 4? I live near Washington, DC.
I am trying not to get disheartened!
Thanks.

58 months ago

To: roz1978 in Columbia, Maryland

Your job opportunities are higher in you location than in Florida. Our unemployment rate here is now above 11%. In any event, do you have contacts to get your foot in the door? Have you been networking?? Yes the job market is very competative. I do not know what the odds are for you. If I had a crystal ball to predict everyones future I certainly would not be working in my current position. Nevertheless, I cannot tell you that you will be hired by the big 4, Earnst & Young, KPMG, PriceWaterhouseCoopers, Deloitte & Touche. What you can to is to tell you to try without any expectations. I am finding a repeat story over and over again that students go in with an expectation that they will get hired by the big four. Some do and some don't. I want to encourage you to complete your degree and also look for other opportunities. One has to go into this careet while obtaining this education that there is always an opportunity and it may not be with the Big 4. If you do get hired with the large accounting firms then great but I don't want to set yourself up believing that it will happen and then it doesn't. There is aways room for other opportunitites and it depends on the person to know where to look. There is sort of the entreprenurial ideology in play here. I hope this helps.

58 months ago

Sorry about all the misspelled words. It is late here in Florida.

58 months ago

To: Marian in Saint Petersburg, FL

Thank you so much! Some of my friends work for the Big 4. I was under the impression that the minute I pass the CPA, I would be alright getting an entry level associate's position with the Big 4. But after reading the posts, I was quite shocked and taken aback to find out that passing the CPA does not automatically make you marketable. I am so ready to get back to work and start on my career since I have been pushing taking the CPA for five years. But if the job prospects are so limited in the field of accounting, I might have to think about going back to proposal writing. Which I really don't want to do!

58 months ago

And Marian, my bachelor's degree was in biology. I took enough accounting courses to become eligible to sit for the CPA with my state. Would it hamper my job prospects that I don't have a degree in accounting? Would it help if my resume showed that I have an associate's degree in accounting? Or will my CPA be enough?

58 months ago

To: roz1978 in Columbia, Maryland

Is your hope totally on getting hired with the Big 4? I am not their recuiter. If you would like to work for a smaller firm that is not a part of the Big 4 you may have a better chance in aquiring a position. The fact that you don't have a Bachelors in Accounting may also be a hinderance nevertheless the smaller firms may look past the fact you only have an Associates Degree in Accounting. The truth is accounting positions are always available but not all will pay the Big Bucks. If you want to have more of an entreprenurial attitude with your CPA license you can do other things rather than work for the Big 4. I am also not saying they won't hire you. If you get hired then great!! Just remember there are also young college students who probably have a 4 year degree in accounting, passed the CPA Exam and it prospecting for the same position you are. Who would you believe that the Big 4 is going to choose? Remember that you are also a very good candidate and have talent so what you choose to do with a CPA license is up to you.

Future Non-CPA in Tampa, Florida

58 months ago

I got my CPA license last year. Now I'm here in Tampa, FL and can't even get a job interview. The CPA license is proving to be a completely worthless designation. My accounting career is finished.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

To: Future Non-CPA in Tampa, Florida

I am so sorry that you feel that way. All that hard work you have put in, the years of school the money spent to obtain your license. Did you pay for it or did your parents? It is too bad you are already throwing in the towel. How long have you tried?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

I paid for it all myself, but I have no debt. I might renew the CPA this December and give the job market a try for one more year. If I can't even get at least $40,000/year with a CPA license then I'm just gonna cut my losses and cancel the license and move on. Biggest mistake of my life.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

That is amazing! You should try writing fiction novels?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

MJ

58 months ago

This is the end of the road for me. We are now destitute, and my husband is very sick. It looks as if it's just not going to happen.

58 months ago

Well, I didn't finish my bachelor's in accounting until I was 31 and then I got the CPA license when I was 32. There's no fiction involved.

58 months ago

Marian in Saint Petersburg, Florida said: To: Future Non-CPA in Tampa, Florida

That is amazing! You should try writing fiction novels?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why did you make such a sarcastic remark?

Future Non-CPA, don't let your license go. Eventually, things will turn around.

58 months ago

To: Mary in Tampa, Florida

I have a great idea then! Why don't you give Future Non-CPA in Tampa, Florida a Job!! You both live in the same town so why don't you both connect and you can help this person realize their dreams.

58 months ago

I don't have a job. I have three college degrees, AA in Court Reporting, BS in Business Administration, and AA in Paralegal Studies. There was a time when I could do shorthand at 240 WPM. So I know what dreams are. Right now I am practicing my shorthand so I hope to be able to do 210 by January or February - so I can go back to court reporting.

Tampa sucks. But don't sheit on someone's dreams, even if you believe it yourself.

58 months ago

To Mary in Tampa, Florida

I am happy for you.

What do yo mean by this statement? "...don't sheit on someone's dreams, even if you believe it yourself."

If if believe what you are implying you have the wrong perception.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

Apparently Non-CPA has dreams about actually getting a job as a CPA. You made an incredibly sarcastic remark: "To: Future Non-CPA in Tampa, Florida. That is amazing! You should try writing fiction novels?"

Why?

Whether CPA is telling the truth or not is irrelevant because it doesn't mean anything to us and will have no impact on us and we don't even know that person. I've more than enough made my own sarcastic remarks (or put posters in their place) when they were obviously trying to impress others with their level of intelligence.

But your remark really served no purpose.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

To Mary of Tampa, Florida

What is a court reporter doing in a site specifically for accountants? I find that very interesting and amazing!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

To Mary in Tampa, Florida

What is a court reporter doing in a site specifically for accountants? I find that very interesting and amazing!

MJ in Belmar, New Jersey

58 months ago

What is going on here? Did someone hijack Marion's account? It sure doesn't sound like her, at least to the small extent I've come to "know" her here.

MJ in Belmar, New Jersey

58 months ago

I'd say something's up.

58 months ago

If anyone is wondering, I did start the accounting program at USF in Tampa. I made it into the intermediate accounting (past accounting I and II). But I had my sister and her daughter visiting every single term for two weeks (I am the youngest and most taken advantage of) - and I ended up changing my major.

MJ in Belmar, New Jersey

58 months ago

Mary, I'm a little late to the party, but why would you change your major? Intermediate Accounting is the meat and potatoes of accounting. Once you've mastered that, the rest is pretty easy.
Ha! I'm not as nice as you. I would have told my sister to buzz off while I tried to get the education I needed. What with college costing what it does today, that really seems like an imposition.
Yes, I know its NOMB, but she should know better.

MJ in Belmar, New Jersey

58 months ago

Marian in Saint Petersburg, Florida said: To Mary in Tampa, Florida

Marian,

A lot of us did other things before we looked into becoming CPAs.
I was a lawyer when I was in my 20s (hideous profession). And though I am a bit embarrassed to mention it here, I am also a certified massage therapist. I've been everything from an accountant to a dog kennel attendant. Not that I would consider going back to that last job. I adore dogs, and they need the attention, and I don't mind the poop,
but the work is backbreaking, and I would come home literally unable to move.

58 months ago

I have four older sisters. The one in age next to me went to nursing school when she was 35. The other three have no education beyond high school.

A few years ago I started working on teacher certification for Florida. I took an online alternative course and now have passed the FTCE, English 6-12 and Elementary Eduction.

I didn't tell my sisters. I have no doubt if they had known, they would have somehow got in the way.

58 months ago

Happily, I am going to start flagging you. I will give no responses to you - and any derrogatory remarks you make to me or anyone else will be reported.

57 months ago

t

57 months ago

To: Non CPA in Tampa, I found this ad for Staff Accountant on Craigs List. They pay $40k to start. It is worth a try. It is dated 10/23/09.

We are a local manufacturing firm looking to fill an entry-level staff accountant position. Duties include month-end closing procedures, journal entries, bank reconciliations, fixed asset depreciation, monthly reports, etc. Previous staff accounting experience is preferred but not required. We will train as needed. Overtime is infrequent but may be required for month-end close and is compensated at time-and-a-half. Work hours are Monday - Friday 8:00 A.M. - 5:00 P. M.

MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:

- Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Software (mainly Word, Excel, & Outlook).
- Must have good attendance.
- A friendly customer service driven attitude.

EMPLOYEE BENEFITS

- Medical, dental, vision, & life insurance plans offered
- 401(k) match
- 10 paid holidays annually
- 2 weeks paid vacation per year
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Annual merit pay increases

APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS

To apply for the position, please e-mail your resume with contact information to the e-mail address above. Please DO NOT attach files such as .pdf or .doc. Our system rejects e-mails with attachments. Instead, please copy and paste the text from your resume directly into the body of the e-mail itself.

Your resume must include whether or not you are currently employed and what your current/most recent salary is. Please DO NOT apply if you do not meet the minimum job requirements. A bachelor's degree or higher SPECIFICALLY in accounting is absolutely required. Experience may not be substituted for the education requirements.

57 months ago

I stopped applying for Craigslist jobs months ago. They are nothing but fake jobs where they don't even tell you the name of the company.

57 months ago

Okay well it was worth a try. You really have everything going for you. At Least renew your license. Have you thought of trying in another state? I do know there are accounting position in Texas, Maryland and you can even try USA Jobs.com The Govt Accounting position, I do see that they pay well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

Have you tried Larsonallen LLP in Tampa. they are on W. Kennedy near the West Shore Mall. they are looking for a Senior Staff Accountant. Did you apply there??

MJ in Belmar, New Jersey

57 months ago

I'm sorry to hear about your Intermediate Accounting experience. But that is probably the most important accounting course you'll ever take, but it's labor-intensive, and you have to be free to focus on it. Change your locks this time. I can help you online if you have no tutoring resources.

And tell your dad to put your sister up for 2 weeks with him - or wherever else she wants to go (hopefully somewhere expensive and far away). Just so long as it's not your place. What do they think you're in school for?

Hang tough, kiddo.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.