Is AACSB accreditation necessary for accounting?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

C1 in Las Vegas, Nevada

44 months ago

Hi guys. If a school has a generally good reputation and good career services, is it okay if it isn't AACSB accredited?

(I know this varies by school, but I'm wondering in general..)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

MStafford in Houston, Texas

33 months ago

I have a delimma. I have a tuition waiver (veteran-hazelwood act) to go to any public community college or university in Texas tuition free but I cannot find considerable work after receiving my Bachelor's degree from University of Phoenix. Since I am stuck doing contract lower-level accounting jobs for $15 an hour or armed over-night security for $10 I do not even have extra money for books and the fees that are left when I begin classes even though everything else is paid for. I have been accepted for an MBA program to a local non-profit christian university that will allow me to take one class at a time vs the 2 or 3 at a time I would have to take at the traditional university not really allowing me to work much if at all. The christian university will allow me to continue working full at time menial jobs and also be available for any further future opportunities as I continue my MBA. The traditional university has an AACSB accredidation and the christian one doesn't. I need advise on what option to take. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

33 months ago

I do feel fortunate but I also feel like I have been dealt a bad hand. The good thing is I have every intention of turning that bad hand into a royal flush. I may end up going with a cpa and finance masters degree instead of an mba.

33 months ago

It has already proven to be difficult with having a degree from there. It is a shame because the undergad is set up very similarly to most MBA programs with the individual and team learning concept. I felt ike I learned a lot but because of the "for-profit and online" reputation it has it just doesn't get the justification it deserves. I took 75% of my coursework in a traditional classroom setting and with most major universities and their online programs these days there isn't much roo to talk. I am definitely considering the CPA and I am thing a master's in finance and trying to go the financial analyst/business analyst route. If I can get some i.t. experience that would help as well. I am also considering an SAP application certification to go along with it all. It is a lot but I think once it is all said and done it will prove to be a good combination of skills.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.