How LONG did it take YOU to find a job as a ACCOUNTANT? with no experience

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Ashley in Cape Coral, Florida

58 months ago

I have no experience and am thinking about going into the field. I don't want to be a nurse or anything like that and would rather deal with a desk job if you know what I mean. I am VERY NERVOUS as like most I don't have time to make mistakes and go back to college again if this doesn't work out. I am 38 years old.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Ashley in Cape Coral, Florida

58 months ago

nurse in Aurora, Illinois said: How come you don't want to be a nurse. You got something against nurses? You make me sick.

nothing against nurses i just dont like needles

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nichole in Westerville, Ohio

55 months ago

I looked for a year and couldn't find a job anywhere. I worked as an office assistant for a tax department & a women who I was friends with told me this, " Go work for a temp agency for 2 years and THEN you can get a job." Problem was the temp agency wouldn't give me any tax jobs even though I scored in the upper 80s & 90s on all my test.

I am now going to community college to get some certs in taxations and auditing. I hope that helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Rodger in San Gabriel, California

54 months ago

That'll be tough especially in this economy, but that's how it is and you're not the only one going through it. Depends on your background too. Yes, definitely I would get a certification or degree in Accounting. If you want to be an accountant, that usually does require a an education in accounting. If you're talking about A/P or A/R clerk, that usually doesn't require that education. But definitely, if you're going to work in an accounting dept., you better know your debits and credits.
Definitely get your hands on a job that is accounting related to start building up your experience.
Jobs are always out there. It's just the number of people that you have to compete with for the same job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

sally in Rocky Mount, North Carolina

44 months ago

I also have the same problem and need help. I have been administrative assistant for 8 years. I have bachelor degree in accounting, with no experience in the field. I want to go back but no chance with no experience. can any body advice.'
thanks

cnote1287 in Chicago, Illinois

44 months ago

If you live in the Chicago area, Follett Higher education group is hiring....Just google Follett

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.