Potential jobs for aspiring corporate accountant in school

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

RPressler in Portsmouth, New Hampshire

12 months ago

My goal is to obtain my bachelor's in accounting, obtain a corporate accountant/financial analyst, and work my way into higher positions in the company that I enter. Right now I'm finishing enrollment in school, and looking to get out of my dreadful retail job and into something that will actually matter on my resume when finishing school. Anyone have suggestions for jobs that would prep well for me to enter the corporate accountant world after college? Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

The Finance Writer in Georgetown, Texas

7 months ago

Demand is high for corporate accountants to work as internal auditors. This role is becoming more prominent as companies focus on having accurate financial data for assessing risk and strategic expansion. Because of this increasing significance for internal auditors, corporations are expecting higher competency levels for the personnel filling these positions. Therefore, passing the CPA exam is a huge advantage. Fortunately, someone with a CPA license and internal audit experience is now groomed for advancement to an executive position with the company.

You’ll need a little more schooling to meet CPA qualifications. But this also exposes you to valuable internships offered by recruiters on campus. After graduation, you’re not required to work for a large public accounting firm to gain experience. As this article points out, many accounting grads go straight to corporate audit work while completing study for the CPA exam. fastforwardacademy.com/updates-1002-name-internal-audit-becoming-more-lucrative-career-for-accountants-in-cpa-preparation-that-possess-analytical-and-communication-sk.htm. The website where this article is published also has an affordable CPA exam prep course plus free access to an online community of students just like you and free sample test questions to initiate your study planning. I wish you the best... this sure seems like the right direction for you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.