Review courses

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

CPA Challenge in Oxnard, California

97 months ago

I have 8 months to complete a cpa review seminar in California before I sit for the exam. Has anyone ever taken the Becker, Gleim, or CPAExcel review course? If so, would you recommend any of these or do you have another suggestion?

Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

CPA in progress in Houston, Texas

93 months ago

I have researched alot of courses and am going with CPAExcel - I have heard that the Becker classes are simply a DVD that the teacher pops in and you watch the video; also you only have access to the information for a year. CPAExcel will give you unlimited access till you pass, and it's alot cheaper if you use the student discount code of 71593 - it takes 30% off the price of the video gold course. But I'm sure all the courses are good courses to take, just depends on your style of studying. You can get demos of most of them to review before you buy. Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

Narasimha babu in Tustin, California

93 months ago

CPA Challenge in Oxnard, California said: I have 8 months to complete a cpa review seminar in California before I sit for the exam. Has anyone ever taken the Becker, Gleim, or CPAExcel review course? If so, would you recommend any of these or do you have another suggestion?

Thanks.

I took the becker classes I found the way the structured the material is very good I would definetely recommend their process, however doing CPA from becker provides sufficient practive to pass the CPA, examination.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

LMTaylor

91 months ago

I also took the Becker review course. I thought it was very thorough but also very expensive, in comparison to other courses. I opted for the instructor led course (not available in every city) and the DVD course to provide additional material. You had a choice of meeting twice per week or all day Saturday.

Jon in Encino, California

90 months ago

I took an in class Becker course and found it to be very helpful. Although it was expensive, I thought it was worth it. Also employers will usually reimburse you for these costs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Cherie in Whippany, New Jersey

88 months ago

CPA in progress in Houston, Texas said: I have researched alot of courses and am going with CPAExcel - I have heard that the Becker classes are simply a DVD that the teacher pops in and you watch the video; also you only have access to the information for a year. CPAExcel will give you unlimited access till you pass, and it's alot cheaper if you use the student discount code of 71593 - it takes 30% off the price of the video gold course. But I'm sure all the courses are good courses to take, just depends on your style of studying. You can get demos of most of them to review before you buy. Good Luck!

Did you pass using CPA excel

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

bjdcpa in Charlotte, North Carolina

82 months ago

I STRONGLY recommend the Lamber's CPA Review course over any other. They have live teachers and guarantee that you pass the exam, or you come back- no required homework, it's just a good idea to study in between sessions. After researching others, I used Lambers- I had been out of school for 15 years, and their course was great- the information was laser targeted for use in the exam- they feature excellent test taking skill in addition to the other areas. I urge you to check out Lambers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (33) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Sara in Tinley Park, Illinois

50 months ago

bjdcpa in Charlotte, North Carolina said: I STRONGLY recommend the Lamber's CPA Review course over any other. They have live teachers and guarantee that you pass the exam, or you come back- no required homework, it's just a good idea to study in between sessions. After researching others, I used Lambers - I had been out of school for 15 years, and their course was great- the information was laser targeted for use in the exam- they feature excellent test taking skill in addition to the other areas. I urge you to check out Lambers .

Hello

I'm shopping around for the best CPA review, but till now i can't decide which one to buy CPA Excel or lamber’s... what do u think, why do u recommend Lambers over all the reviews out there?

bjdcpa in Huntersville, North Carolina

50 months ago

I recommend Lambers mainly because of the live instructors. Becker's uses "proctors" that assist the classees, but are not necessarily experts in the fields. Lambers has the guarantee, and when I was taking the course, if you missed a class, or needed to spend extra time on a particular area, you could borrow the recorded session of the class and work on it whenever was convenient.

The instructors were experts not only in the different areas covered, but weren't experts on the exam as well. No surprises when you go to take the test; they stress the format of the exam and test taking techiques that help insure that you finish the exam within the time frame.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.