Senior Accounting Manager Can Help

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

bjdcpa in Charlotte, North Carolina

71 months ago

I am a veteran Controller with 20 years experience, and have contributed heavily in operations management as well. My resume is not getting any pulls, despite advice. I have been performing contract assignments, but not enough, and need full time. I have my resume posted online at all major sites, but would like to know if anyone knows of any accounting needs in the Charlotte NC metro area. I am just not getting any results through conventional avenues.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jim13431 in Poland, New York

70 months ago

I hear ya, friend, and share your pain. This summer I submitted over 100 applications and got three interviews.

I have a similar resume and have been limping along on temp assignments for three years now. Fortunately, the missus is tenured at the public school so we are staying afloat but not gaining at all. I'm now doing part-time at the local Walmart just to keep my ex-wife's lawyer pacified. I refuse to consider "insurance customer service" or "financial advisor" (i.e., sales) -- I just don't have the temperment for it.

The Accountemps division of Robert Half has done well for me, off and on given this Central New York economy, but they now tell me the recent shocks have frozen the temp market. Robert Half professional placement has done nothing.

This is not my first trip through this sort of adversity. It is a challenge to stay positive and to keep plugging, but you have to maintain the effort regardless. It helps if you have some hobby to consume a few of your idle hours; I got into community theater. Getting applause kept my spirits up, and it's possible to do some networking. At a minimum, consider singing kareoke now and then. It's a way to meet talented people.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

bjdcpa in Gastonia, North Carolina

70 months ago

Thanks for the reply. Sounds like you have the same problem. I get all kinds of offer for someone to hand over a phone book an start prospecting for insurance or financial products, but I don't have the knack for it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.