Should I get my masters and should I move

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Maya in Newark Valley, New York

84 months ago

Hi, I have always wanted to move out of New York to someplace affordable. Both my boyfriend and I will be getting our accounting degrees. I know I can get recruited straight from school to a firm in NYC but I don't want to work there. I want some place with a good cost of living and lots of jobs with good pay. Is that too hard to ask for??? Is it hard to get hired as a new grad without being recruited straight from school in another city from where they went to school? Are there any cities that are good for a young couple in this field who want to live and pay off enormous amounts of student loans? Should we go for a masters? So many questions but if anyone has some insight that would be great.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Renee in Rancho Cordova, California

81 months ago

Hello there,
Well Sacramento, Ca is full of accounting positions, although it may not be considered 'affordable'. Depends on what you want to start out with. If renting a home is okay with you then, yes, Sacramento is a great place to start. Rents avg between $1,000-1,500 and up. We rent and like the area a lot, been here four years from Colorado.

Renee in Rancho Cordova, California

81 months ago

I have a masters degree and have numerous interviews available to me. Yes, a masters is a great idea.

Frustrated in Kansas City in Kansas City, Missouri

81 months ago

Beleive it or not, Kansas City Metro Area is best for your situation. The cost of living is way low, with rents at $450 to $1000. But, Why rent; Housing in the burbs start at $65000 for a fixer upper and $100000 for new (3 bed, 2bath, 1/4 acre). Education is exellent for attaining an MBA at 5 area colleges; U of Missouri-Kansas City, U of Kansas in Lawrence, Park University in Parkville, U of Central Missouri in Warrensburg, Washburn University in Topeka. Oh, and I forgot, Accounting positions are always in demand, Name your price.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.