Which is a better education track for an accountant?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

princesasabia in Columbia, South Carolina

72 months ago

An undergraduate degree in English (I hear that accontants are known to be bad writers) or Economics with a Masters in Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting.

OR

An undergraduate degree in Accounting with a Masters in Finance.

I want to either to do managment, cost, or finanical accounting. Im not sure which yet.

Or if you have any good advice to give that would be great too! Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

jhaldrup in Indianapolis, Indiana

72 months ago

Undergrad degree definitely go with accounting. The big 4 will look for accounting degrees over any other. Not sure if you want to work for them but it is a good place to start before you go into management somewhere else also.

As for grad school get an MBA (I have heard to get this after some work experience & many of the bigger firms will pay for you to get one). At that point you will also have more of an idea of what you want to concentrate on.

princesasabia in Columbia, South Carolina said: An undergraduate degree in English (I hear that accontants are known to be bad writers) or Economics with a Masters in Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting.

OR

An undergraduate degree in Accounting with a Masters in Finance.

I want to either to do managment, cost, or finanical accounting. Im not sure which yet.

Or if you have any good advice to give that would be great too! Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.