What am I doing wrong? SOS

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Diana in Hilliard, Ohio

111 months ago

I have M.Ed.in Math. I was not happy with my urban teaching/ suburban subbing so got
my Bachelor in Accounting(well, equivalent). Of course I have 3.83 GPA and excellent recommendations.
I do like accounting. And I am dieing to get a job. Went to 6 temp agencies (including Accountemps somebody mentioned favorably here). Everywhere including agencies they want experience. So how do I ever get a job?

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Sara in Modesto, California

111 months ago

I have the same question as a new graduate. I cant find a job and evvveryone want accouting experience...i feel like i will never get a job. Ive called accountemps a million times and they never respond!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Diana in Hilliard, Ohio

111 months ago

Do not deal with Accountemps. Go and read about RH and Accountemps on

www.indeed.com/forum/cmp/
Robert-Half-Finance-&-Accounting.html

I don't have a job yet, but I've gotten more respect at other, smaller places like Kforce, Dawson Resources, or even General Employment. Keep in touch. It also seems to depend on the person. When I call I say I want an accounting job but don't have experience. I can tell then that 90% of the people aren't interested.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

A. E. in Seattle, Washington

106 months ago

I have been told I should try to gain experience by working at a tax preparation company during the tax season. I am going to use the knowledge I gain from my accounting courses as a form of experience on my resume. Another idea is to join an accounting association and ask others how they got their first job. Consider studying to get certified (CPA or similar). There are paid internships at financial and accounting companies.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.