I'd like some Knowledge, Tips, and info

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

AVill in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

16 months ago

I'm about to be 16 in a few months but a while back i've decided that I want to become an accountant. I've read some things and found out that it's pretty much basic math. I've always been good/loved math and worked 2 years above my grade level in it. I'm a sophomore taking pre-calc. I just wanted know everything about the job.I wanna narrow down what type of accounting I want to do. So far I know that I don't want to do the forensics/taxes.
I know nothing about college but I do have a few schools in mind. I want to know what would I go to school for to start off with a good accounting job when I graduate, degrees, etc. I just want alot of info, what i should start doing now, studying, college and whatnot.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

The Finance Writer in Georgetown, Texas

11 months ago

In accounting, following the standard career steps is crucial. This field is typically not one where you can establish your own distinct path to success. This tends to make accounting seem like a grind, but you have more flexibility after a few years in the industry. Here's an article about how CPAs start out at big public accounting firms but choose other directions after gaining some experience. fastforwardacademy.com/updates-810-name-where-accounting-job-opportunities-exist-after-completion-of-cpa-study-and-licensing-requirements.htm. The website where this article is posted has a free online community where you can connect with accounting students studying for the CPA exam and ask questions of existing accountants.

Focus on having a high GPA. In fact, a high GPA at a little known college is better than a lower GPA at a well-respected school. Top students get the most attention for vital internships. Offers for permanent jobs after graduation consider previous interns as priority candidates.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ankit Singhal in Kolkata, India

11 months ago

AVill in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: I'm about to be 16 in a few months but a while back i've decided that I want to become an accountant . I've read some things and found out that it's pretty much basic math. I've always been good/loved math and worked 2 years above my grade level in it. I'm a sophomore taking pre-calc. I just wanted know everything about the job.I wanna narrow down what type of accounting I want to do. So far I know that I don't want to do the forensics/taxes.
I know nothing about college but I do have a few schools in mind. I want to know what would I go to school for to start off with a good accounting job when I graduate, degrees, etc. I just want alot of info, what i should start doing now, studying, college and whatnot.

Hi,

Becker CPA 2014 study material, question, & simulation Ebook available for sale for $ 120, Market price is $ 1000. Wiley CPA is available for $ 80, market price is $ 420

Let me know if you are interested. All the payments will be done through paypal.com. Price negotiable, Email me ankitsinghal09jan@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.