How much should I be getting paid?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

bluesky in Chicago, Illinois

61 months ago

Lonna in Chicago, Illinois said: I find that funny JB. I just hired and accountant with 35 years experience and I'm paying him 28k. I have a pretty big business with three subsideries and he manages all of it.

I feel bad for your accountant; He can do a lot better if he is good. Maybe he is not as good as you think he is. I am still in school and I'm making 40K and will get a raise in a few months.

JB, I think you should ask for 60K and probably get 55K if the employer will meet you half way. It has been 6 months since your post so i hope all went well for you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

CPA Candidate in Tampa, Florida

61 months ago

Senior Accountant in a public accounting or private accounting role? Do you have a master's degree? Are you a CPA?

With 2.5 years experience, you can't expect more than $50k unless you have at least a master's degree and preferably a CPA license.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jason B. in Bayville, New Jersey

61 months ago

CPA Candidate in Tampa, Florida said: Senior Accountant in a public accounting or private accounting role? Do you have a master's degree? Are you a CPA?

With 2.5 years experience, you can't expect more than $50k unless you have at least a master's degree and preferably a CPA license.

Hey! I am actually up to 55k now plus I do get overtime. I am NOT A CPA, currently studying and will probably start testing this summer. NO masters either, I am now a senior level and I am in public accounting. Thanks for the replies!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Professional Tax Preparer in Tampa, Florida

61 months ago

In public accounting that's reasonable. In private, it's a bit high. Good to hear.

Rachel in O Fallon, Missouri

53 months ago

I'm thinking of changing careers. I would go to school and get a Masters in Accounting and hopefully pass the test for becoming a CPA. When I begin to look for a job, I would be about 55 years of age. I plan on working until I'm at least 65. How difficult will it be to get a job? Any opinions?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tiffiwiffi in Jackson, Mississippi

53 months ago

Hi guys. I am looking to relocate to atlanta or dallas. Do you know of any good staffing firms in the area? I currently have 3 years of accounts payable experience. Thanks for responding!!!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.