need advice

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

janet pouliot in North Attleboro, Massachusetts

71 months ago

I need some advice. I have recently obtained a Bachelor's Degree in accounting. Problem is I'm having a hard time finding a job due to lack of experience. Most of the jobs are temporary. Does anyone have any advice?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Steve in Memphis, Tennessee

71 months ago

You might try calling on some of the larger accounting firms in your area not for asking for a job but asking for advice. See if you can get an appointment to speak to a senior accountant or accounting manager for the company and ask if they can suggest the best way to get started in an accounting career.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dean Suraci in Cornwall, New York

71 months ago

1. If you went to school right around where you live, your College's Career Office should get a number of firms who call on the school looking for accounting graduates.

2. I know Robert Half doesn't have a good reputation on the Indeed.com forum, but I had about 5 months small firm experience when I went to them seeking a job. They got me numerous interviews. You can use your Professors as references.

3. Try calling on all the small firms in the phone book where you live. They always are looking for graduates with strong GPA's.

May I ask what college you went to?

Small firms should give you a chance where you will be doing taxes, some auditing, and taken care of small businesses financials and books.

janet pouliot in North Attleboro, Massachusetts

71 months ago

I went to Bridgewater State College

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

bjdcpa in Charlotte, North Carolina

70 months ago

janet pouliot in North Attleboro, Massachusetts said: I need some advice. I have recently obtained a Bachelor's Degree in accounting. Problem is I'm having a hard time finding a job due to lack of experience. Most of the jobs are temporary. Does anyone have any advice?

Don't give up on the temporary stuff if you are going through temp agencies. I saw something on a major job board that stated that 35% of temp engagements wind up full time hires.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.