Full Charge Bookkeeper

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Linda in Wolfeboro, New Hampshire

86 months ago

What is the best educational path to take in preparing to take a position as a full charge bookkeeper?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Josh in Novato, California

82 months ago

Linda in Wolfeboro, New Hampshire said: What is the best educational path to take in preparing to take a position as a full charge bookkeeper?

If you get an A+ in Biology you'll make a very fine full charge bookkeeper. That's the way things are these days. You see, the accounting firm of Erns & Young recruit from India while their American graduates are being ignored. I don't know.
I once did a relocation job for Erns & Young in Salt Lake City. I saw these young men who resembled feaures on Indian and I asked one of the ladies, who are those guys, she said they are recruit from India. Bo Ho! Bo Ho!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kazba926 in Mableton, Georgia

71 months ago

I do full charge bookkeeping, you don't start out with a companies total financial info in your lap, I would suggest starting out in either an AR or AP role to learn that, then go from there. Even with the education it is hard to get a job with out the real life experience. I am having a very hard time finding employment right now and I have reference letters....
Another good thing is to do the study course through AIPB and become certified in bookkeeping. Not an easy task, as there are like 4 2 hour test that you must pass.

Good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.