Vacation Coverage

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

WBradley in Seattle, Washington

76 months ago

Do you have any vacation coverage/backup while you are away, or does your work pile up and wait for your return? I'm wondering how other business deal with this issue.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Finding My Niche in Somewhere in Michigan

75 months ago

WBradley in Seattle, Washington said: Do you have any vacation coverage/backup while you are away, or does your work pile up and wait for your return? I'm wondering how other business deal with this issue.

If you are gone for only a week or two, then let the work pile up and wait for you to return. I have seen companies use a temp to take care of the load, but they typically use someone who doesn't need much training.

It stinks that you get time off, but when you come back, you have to spend a few days to catch up!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kelly Tanis in Cincinnati, Ohio

75 months ago

WBradley in Seattle, Washington said: Do you have any vacation coverage/backup while you are away, or does your work pile up and wait for your return? I'm wondering how other business deal with this issue.

A/P...work piles up, unless there are immediate tasks, but those are usually just for the top vendors, and those vendors are usually told to contact a backup person. I'm in grocery A/P, though, which is a whole different thing than your typical A/P.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.