Interview Questions

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Yolanda in Nashville, Tennessee

88 months ago

I have an interview on tomorrow, for an Accounts Payable position. And I am really needing some assistance on the questions that I have listed below. These are some of the questions that they will be asking me, I would appreciate any answers that will help me in making this a successful interview. I greatly, greatly appreciate it!!!!!

Thanks!

Q: What would you do if a customer told you they already paid for a past invoice on their account?

Q: What would you do if the customer says they sent the check but it has not been cashed and you do not see it as having been received in the system?

Q: What would you do if the A/P Clerk is not responding to your repeated calls, voicemails, emails, or faxes?

Q: What would you do if a customer refuses to pay an invoice b/c they say they did not receive the product?

Q: What would you do if the customer short paid an invoice due to pricing?

Q: What would you do if a customer says they returned the product to your company?

Q: What would you do if the customer says they were charged Sales Tax on their invoice in error?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (148) / No (39) Reply - Report abuse

Charlie in Atlanta, Georgia

88 months ago

So if I answer all the questions correctly, should they hire YOU or should they hire ME instead?

If you can't answer the questions for yourself, you shouldn't have the job. If you use someone else's answers and get the job, you will eventually get fired because you don't know how to do the job.

Don't be ridiculous.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (41) Reply - Report abuse

Paulette From North Carolina

88 months ago

These are Accounts Receivable questions.
When you deal with Accounts Payble. You are paying the bills for your company. Who you deal with is the vendor/the companies your company buys from.
Remember Vendor you pay them because you brought from that company. They sent you an invoice/statement that you have to pay. Cash goes out of the company. You owe.
Customer they buy from your company and they pay your company from invoices/statements that that your company sent to them They owe your company money.That how cash gets into a company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Abebe in Silver Spring, Maryland

82 months ago

My friend I think you look confused here. You said that you are going to have AP position, but all the question you listed here are not AP's responsibility they are Accounts Receivables AR. And I am sure they don't waste time asking you questions that don't belong to you. You have to at least differentiate AP and AR. AR is collecting bills from customers that your company provided a service or sold out something to the customer. AP is Paying out bills for things or services that your company bought from different vendors. And AP is all about taking care of expenses that the company incurs. I think if you are entry level still you need basic accounting. If you don't know how to do the job you may get fired. but what I can advice you is that why don't you take a six month accounting certificate and do AP or AR if you love the job. Good luck my friend.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (39) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Nikki in West Covina, California

64 months ago

Where did you get these questions?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Taylor in Vancouver, British Columbia

40 months ago

Here are a few more AP interview questions

In your view, what is the most important aspect of researching and resolving discrepancies over the phone with vendors?

Tell me a bit more about your background with accurate entry and coding of invoices.

sampleinterviewquestion.com/accounts-payable-job-interview-questions/accounts-payable-coordinator-sample-job-interview-question/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.