Administrative Assistant Jobs Forum

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

Current Discussions (198) - Start a Discussion

Patricia in Ottawa, Ontario

Updated 76 months ago

Administrative Professionals' Week - 5 Replies

What is everyone doing for administrative professionals' week? Our office is hosting a breakfast and our bosses are serving us. We will also get a...

Sarah in Waynesboro, Virginia

Updated 76 months ago

Executive Admin Job - Software company in Virginia - 2 Replies

We have an opening for an Executive Assistant who is organized with great written and spoken communication skills, open & outgoing personality, and...

As an Admin Assistant, do you feel that you are valuable to your organization?

I find many of the admins I've worked with don't seem to see themselves as valuable to their organization. It's just a job or I'm overworked and...

Updated 76 months ago

What do you like about being AA / What do you least like about being AA? - 3 Replies

Just want to know

Jodith Allen in Bellingham, Washington

Updated 76 months ago

Want so badly to go back to work - 3 Replies

I lost my job because my boss was charged with harassment and they demoted him and I was left with no position. I've been looking since November. I...

Jodith Allen in Bellingham, Washington

Updated 76 months ago

Starting out... - 15 Replies

How did you get your start doing administrative assistant work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position? Do you need a...

tina4545 in Pembroke, Georgia

Updated 77 months ago

Administrative Assistants - Start Making Real Money - 10 Replies

Let me start this discussion with one question. Do you love your job as an AA or do you hate it? If you love it, this conversation will only be...

Anne in Littleton, Colorado

Updated 78 months ago

Finding meaningful employment - 2 Replies

I migrated to the US from Jamaica in 2004. I worked as an Executive Secretar for most of my working years, but have been havin difficulty finding...

Erin in Westminster, Maryland

Updated 78 months ago

Can I do the job -- admin education - 1 Reply

I have a graduate degree in a non-business field, and have decided on a change of careers -- moving toward business management but starting in...

santisam50 in San Deigo, California

Updated 79 months ago

Quick Books - 2 Replies

I see more and more employers are requiring knowledge of Quick Books. I never studied bookkeeping and am not really that good with numbers. Would it...

Kelly

For those willing to answer a few questions for my homework assignment

What are your roles and responsibilities? What skills and qualities do you need in order to be successful? What types of technology changes...

Working Mom in Huntsville, Alabama

Updated 79 months ago

Show me the money... - 27 Replies

What are typical administrative assistant salaries? Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in...

Marie in San Bernardino, California

Updated 79 months ago

Is translation included in the job scope of admin assist. ? - 1 Reply

Hi, I am new in this job field. I want to know "Is translation included in the job scope of admin assist." ? Thank you for your...

Paul Anderson in Kirkland, Washington

Updated 79 months ago

Experienced in diverse job history - 10 Replies

I have 2 degrees and it seems like most of the administrative assistant jobs only require HS or GED and several years expereience. I have a great...

Frankie in Keokuk, Iowa

Updated 79 months ago

Pregnant going back to work.... - 3 Replies

My family and myself relocated due to my fiances relocation of employment. Iam just about seven months pregnant but actualy not that noticable....

Patricia

Updated 79 months ago

Legal Administrative Assistants in the house? - 1 Reply

Hi everyone!! My name is Anne-Marie and this is my first post!! I'm a LAA and I was wondering if there were any fellow assistants that post in this...

SouthernPAer in Media, Pennsylvania

Monarch Staffing LLC

Has anyone else experienced discrimination (of any kind) by this temp agency?

barama6

Updated 80 months ago

How do you sign on behalf of the Exec VP? - 7 Replies

The way I sign his or her name is: Sign your name and put s/ before it such as: s/___________________________ (your signature) Anna...

mean27bd@yahoo.com in San Francisco, California

Updated 80 months ago

PowerPoint - 2 Replies

Having taught myself PowerPoint but never using it in a practical application, I was wondering how you go about actually producing a presentation:...

Samantha in New York, New York

Updated 81 months ago

Throwing a Holiday Party - 1 Reply

I am about to cater a small office holiday party for 40 people or so. We are going to use our main conference room. I was wondering if anyone had...

nina in Boston, Massachusetts

Updated 81 months ago

Flower etiquette - 5 Replies

Is there a flower etiquette rule regarding when flowers can be taken from the main lobby of the building at the end of the week? We alternate between...

nina in Boston, Massachusetts

Updated 81 months ago

How do you access o/ folders in Outlook? - 3 Replies

I can access my work email from home, but I haven't figured out how to access my boss's contacts/calendar in Outlook, even though I have permission...

bill in Newark, New Jersey

Updated 81 months ago

Typical Duties - 4 Replies

I have been a admin assistant at 3 different jobs now. First I feel like the title of admin assistant is just a fancy term for secretary in some...

Patricia

Updated 82 months ago

filing - 3 Replies

I'm an AA for a Director of a department and he has stacks of manilla folders on top of his filing cabinet. Is it my responsibility to file these? ...

Jan in Birmingham, Alabama

Competition

One thing about being an admin that isn't good is the amount of competition in this field, such as clerical. I think it is very easy to learn...

Kazanya in Kingston, Jamaica

receptionistjob

i want a receptionist job

Anna in San Antonio, Texas

Updated 83 months ago

To be the best... - 3 Replies

What are the top 3 traits or skills every administrative assistant must have to excel? Can you suggest any tips or insights to develop your...

Louise in Decatur, Georgia

Updated 84 months ago

Adminstrative Assistant - 5 Replies

Here in Peachtree City, Ga I'd like to know when you have all the qualifications in this field, the interview goes well, all questions were answered...

Updated 84 months ago

The best part is... - 2 Replies

What do you enjoy most about administrative assistant work? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn...

Updated 84 months ago

Administrative Assistant - 6 Replies

I am the Conference Manager for the company I work for. I am assisting the President as her Administrative Assistant. I need to write a letter to...

Updated 84 months ago

Can you answer these questions for me - 1 Reply

I relocated because of my husband's job. It is hard to find something in my my area of interest. The temp agency was able to find me a direct hire...

Suzie Smart in Old Bridge, New Jersey

Updated 84 months ago

FI Companies - 2 Replies

You don't want to work for this company for all the money in the world. They are not nice, let people go on a daily basis especially assistants.

Updated 84 months ago

Boom or bust? - 1 Reply

Are jobs in this industry on the rise? Are there any sub-sectors that are growing? Where are the jobs? Which places have the most administrative...

Out of Office Reply for Colleague who has retired

So the IT guy asked me to write a message for a colleague who has retired and left the company to be used in the "Out of Office" reply message. Any...

Updated 84 months ago

Blogging - 1 Reply

I have started a blog for assistants, hopefully as a secretarial tool. You may find it useful or can suggest topics that would be of interest.

young profecional in California, Maryland

Pregnant going back to work

My family and myself relocated due to my fiances relocation of employment. Iam just about seven months pregnant but actualy not that noticable....

young profecional in California, Maryland

Pregnant going back to work

CATHY in Newport News, Virginia

Updated 85 months ago

WOULD LIKE TO RETURN TO P.M/ - 2 Replies

WORKED AT PM FOR 26 YEARS...MISC. MAKE / PACK SUPERVISOR..AND OTHER POSITION..PLEASE E MAIL IF YOU CAN HELP

CATHY in Newport News, Virginia

WOULD LIKE TO RETURN TO P.M/

WORKED AT PM FOR 26 YEARS...MISC. MAKE / PACK SUPERVISOR..AND OTHER AND OTHER POSITION..PLEASE E MAIL IF YOU CAN HELP

Old Broad Looking for a Job in Aliquippa, Pennsylvania

Updated 85 months ago

Promotion with No Pay? - 2 Replies

I'm a seasoned EA who joined a small firm a year ago. Because of my experience and background, I've stood out to the firm's management. Yesterday, I...

Robin in Peoria, Arizona

Going from admin asst to managing other admin assts & doing the same job

I'm going to interview for a new position in the same company. I'm already one of the best AAs that I know. How can I interview for the position...

Rosemarie Navarro in Denver, Colorado

Updated 86 months ago

Getting ahead... - 1 Reply

What is the best training for becoming a hirable administrative assistant? What types of ongoing training or certifications are necessary to be an...

Christine in Olin, North Carolina

Updated 88 months ago

Relocation - 1 Reply

I am in the process of re-locating from New York to Charlotte, I know that there would probably be a large pay cut which I am willing to sacrafice. ...

Dan Murphy in Chicago, Illinois

Updated 90 months ago

Admin. Asst. Training / Best Practices 2/14/2007 - 2 Replies

Check this out: www.managementresources.com/021407

debi johnson in Aledo, Illinois

Updated 91 months ago

Sending your information regarding these "new positions" - 11 Replies

I've been using this website for some time now and it's really disturbing to think that these positions aren't really available or have been filled...

Pursuing Again in Fuquay Varina, North Carolina

Updated 91 months ago

Does Admin Assistant = Bookkeeper? - 2 Replies

Hi there. I've been an admin for 10 years. I've recently lost my job due to downsizing. Why is it that so many employers are now looking for an...

Alot of Fire Here in Fuquay Varina, North Carolina

Updated 91 months ago

UNDERPAID FRONT LINERS - 3 Replies

WHY DOES IT SEEM THAT ADMIN ASST, ARE UNDERPAID EMPLOYEES, BUT YET WE ARE THE ONES WHO ARE BASICALLY RUNNING OUR CORPORATE OFFICES, WE ARE ON THE...

Emma (Host) in Stamford, Connecticut

Updated 93 months ago

Where can I find a decent job here in Jackson Mississippi - 1 Reply

Hello

Page: « Previous   1  2  3  4 

What's great about where you work? If you could change one thing about your job, what would it be? Got a question? Share the best and worst about what you do and where you work by joining a discussion or starting your own.

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.