Administrative Professionals' Week

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Patricia in Ottawa, Ontario

73 months ago

What is everyone doing for administrative professionals' week? Our office is hosting a breakfast and our bosses are serving us. We will also get a flower at our desk and a gift certificate. It's nice to get acknowledged.

Patricia
secretaryhelpline.blogspot.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Susan-DeskDemon in Belmont, California

72 months ago

I can never get the url right... the full url is www.deskdemon.com oh and AdminAdvantage is archives is www.deskdemon.com/pages/us/admin-advantage/archives I give up trying to make them nice and "live links!"

72 months ago

Our office is actually calling it Staff Appreciation Week to cover all the staff, not just the admins. I don't mind sharing :)

Great ideas Susan. Especially #2 struck a chord with me. Sometimes we only remember to point out when people do things wrong and not tell them when they are doing things right. I am going to be more mindful of that one.

Patricia

Bassoom in Watford, United Kingdom

72 months ago

I just checked out the link to the magazine that Susan posted, wow I have to say I am highly impressed with the quality of articles in there as well as the variety. Well done DeskDemon Team, I'll certainly be spreading the word to everyone I know. Oh and Happy APW everyone :-)

No data provided in Flushing, New York

72 months ago

My office forgot all about this day!

72 months ago

No data provided in Flushing, New York said: My office forgot all about this day!

That's too bad, it's nice to be acknowledged.

We don't get individual gifts at my office. We have a group hug so to speak. They call it Staff Appreciation Week and they have special functions throughout the week for all staff.

Some offices it is up to each boss what they do for their assistant. But some bosses forget and others go overboard so I like the group acknowledgment better then no one is left out.

Patricia

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.