Gotta see THIS Ad for administrative Assistant

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (25)

sheribow in Andover, Massachusetts

83 months ago

We are looking for an admin assistant. Pay is $6-$10 per hour. Email experience.

ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT---NEW HAMPSHIRE

* Compensation: $6-$10 per hour
* Telecommuting is ok.
* This is a part-time job.
* Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
* Please, no phone calls about this job!
* Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.

Can you believe what they want to pay, and part-time? That would be for someone who just wants to get out of the house..............!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

kiana in San Jose, California

83 months ago

That's crazy! I got an email just as bad from a recruiter this morning for an EXECUTIVE Administrative Assistant position (contract for 4-6 mos) an HP and only wanted to pay $18.00/hr. I emailed back and asked "are you kidding"?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

vicky Demopoulos in Brooklyn, New York

82 months ago

sheribow in Andover, Massachusetts said: We are looking for an admin assistant. Pay is $6-$10 per hour. Email experience.

* Telecommuting is ok.
* Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.

Can you believe what they want to pay, and part-time? That would be for someone who just wants to get out of the house..............!

7/3/08: We are the new slaves of america, welcome to what used to be the best country in the world, slowing evaporating.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

vicky Demopoulos in Brooklyn, New York

82 months ago

It's always encourging to feel like a second hand citizen when seeking employment, especially when one has worked for most of their life, only to find out that we are replaced by the younsters. Oh yes, we are encouraged to work well past into our golden years, if that is what is takes, but discriminated against once over fourty years old in corporate america.

I really miss the 70's, if you wanted a new job by lunch time, all you had to do was actually have your lunch and get a job all in one hour. Give us a little dignity, and allow us to work for at least 16.00 an hour. You have to expand yourself and actually start working as waitress if need be. This economy is herendous, my passion is depleted and my faith is gone. Hey, can you tell! But, I must keep on trucking, I have no choice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

M in Hampton, Virginia

82 months ago

You just can't believe the pay rate for admin. assistants these days. It's insulting to say the least. I mean, come on! $10 an hour for an experienced Admin. assistant? Are you KIDDING ME? People who do telemarketing make more than that these days. I could see ten bucks an hour ten years ago, but now? In 2008? And what kills me is they still advertise these jobs like it's "great pay!" or "we offer competitive salaries!" Of what? TEN DOLLARS AN HOUR?!?!?!?!?!? Sickening.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

sheribow in Topsfield, Massachusetts

82 months ago

I remember working a couple of temp jobs back in 1988. I remember getting $9 an hour at that time...............Do they all think we live rent/mortgage free or have an extremely wealthy husband (or parents?)....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

MDWright in South Lyon, Michigan

82 months ago

Hey all of you fellow unemployed individuals. Yes times are tough but try and keep your chin up. Please check out my website and maybe this could be a fit for extra cash. I have had great success with it. Small start up costs...

www.moneythewrightway.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Sheribow in Andover, Massachusetts

82 months ago

Here is another one I found today (it's in New Hampshire somewhere)

Immediate need for self-starter looking for clerical work. If you have working administrative knowledge/clerical skills and follow direct instructions well, this may be the position for you. Must be able to read and write in english. Salary is based on experience. Serious applicants don't wait, Apply Now Thru Reply Email Located At Top Of Ad.

* Compensation: $5-8
* Telecommuting is ok.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

M in Hampton, Virginia

82 months ago

$5-8?? An hour? Are these people JOKING!??!?!

Nancy in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

80 months ago

Utterly ridiculous! I've been doing some hunting recently and have seen some low ones, but this takes the cake. It blows me away to see how cheaply some places try to fill a position. I know cashiers who make more than that!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Margaret Mentele

80 months ago

sheribow in Andover, Massachusetts said: We are looking for an admin assistant. Pay is $6-$10 per hour. Email experience.

* Telecommuting is ok.

Ridiculous No wonder the economy is down the tubes, you can't even get to work for that amount, that pay is a CRIME, for any kind of work

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

joanne in Elkton, Maryland

80 months ago

i can believe it! i lived in NH and NO job there pays more than 10. tough to live on it especially when it is so cold there and fuel is so high. sad.

* Telecommuting is ok.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Margaret Mentele

80 months ago

the $6.00 a hour is such an insult, even $10, like just anyone can do Administrative, back to the 50's or 60's. I pay 1500 a month rent, can you see me making it on that,
glad you took the time to post comment.

Dibblier in Perry, New York

80 months ago

AMEN my friends.
I just got laid off from an Admin job that paid $12/hr. That wasn't so bad when they were only 20 miles from home, but they moved my job to 42 miles from home, and didn't change my pay one penny! THEN they sold us to someone who raised the cost of benefits to $171/week for my family! Between that and the price of gas to get there, half my paycheck was already gone by the end of the week! I'm beginning to think they did me a favour laying me off, except that I'm now looking at the same things you are. Everyone wants experience (I have 30 years of it!), but they only want to pay just over minimum wage for it! I have given up and applied to my local Wal*Mart - same pay, closer to home! Not my ideal job, but in this lovely economy, you have to take what you can get...

LindaM in Barrington, Illinois

80 months ago

This is a joke. Unbelievable. $6-10 dollars an hour. Hey due to the tight economy, they can probably get away with it, too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Sheribow in Haverhill, Massachusetts

79 months ago

I posted the original one about the ridiculous hourly pay. Here's another one I saw today.
---------------------------------------------
Part-time temporary position in small office in Marblehead, MA. Good computer skills. Must be able to make outbound telephone calls (human resources related calls; not sales/telemarketing). Other duties may/will include data-entry, retrieving e-mail, laminating and other various office support duties.

Ideal candidate will be available 4-5 hours per day, 4-5 days per week (Monday-Friday)$8.25 /hour

* Compensation: $8.25 an hour

Sheribow in Haverhill, Massachusetts

79 months ago

Regarding my last post...I forgot to mention that Marblehead, MA rates 16th in the wealthiest towns in Massachusetts...............................
-------------------------------------------------------

Ideal candidate will be available 4-5 hours per day, 4-5 days per week (Monday-Friday)$8.25 /hour

* Compensation: $8.25 an hour

Dibblier in Perry, New York

79 months ago

In response to my earlier comment - FORGET Wal*Mart - they only offer PART TIME positions (up to 30 hrs a week - which means they can do 30 hrs or they can do 5hrs). 8.20 / hr - benefits for me after a YEAR. Well forget that! I have a retired husband, and a daughter in college, I need benefits for all of us.
I just love this economy - NOT!
Been searching for any kind of job since mid August, and no bites that can be considered legitmate.

Laura in Seattle, Washington

79 months ago

I am in Chicago and have been finding many Executive Admin jobs listed for $13-$15/hour. And that's for downtown Chicago.... where the cost of living is high. I know times are tough.... but there's no way I can take that kind of paycut. 5 years ago I took a huge paycut for the job I have now. With the cost of living going up tremendously.... I am seeking a new opportunity that comes with a higher salary.... but it seems they've dropped the salaries. I'm squeaking by now... I can't take a $10/hour pay cut on top of that! :(

M in Hampton, Virginia

79 months ago

I lost my job in May, and was getting paid $35K a year. For my area, that's a high salary. It took me FOUR months to get a new job, and I took a MAJOR pay cut. It's more than $10 an hour, but I am still paying monthly bills with credit cards to pay the mortgage. I am disgusted with the state of this nation, and the fact that so many hard working, qualified people are losing their homes and their income at such a rapid pace. It really is disheartening...

Margaret Mentele

78 months ago

I live in Manhattan, and it is even worse, 1500 a month and lucky to gt 15 per hour. the "BIg Money" took a hit, but they are also using as an excuse to cut back.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

H Hughes in Decatur, Georgia

78 months ago

Hello Everyone:

Try this one on for sizes, I have a Bachelors degree in HR and one year towards my Masters in HR with experience in Administrative and cant land a job in the field. I recently resigned from the School Systems as a Teacher Assistant making 15,000 a year in Newton County Georgia. I took this job just to have a job and found myself staying there for 4 years applying for job after job within the School System in HR. No such luck did I get trying to stay with the school system. Is that a shame or what? I have been unable to land a decent job here in Atlanta area because its not what you know here, its who you know. I had to accept a part time teaching job at a private school just to have a job while I try to complete my Masters. Maybe, it will help me to at least get an entry level job in Human Resource. You think?

Resorts13 in Laconia, New Hampshire

68 months ago

M in Hampton, Virginia said: $5-8?? An hour? Are these people JOKING!??!?!

No, They're not joking. I recently went on an interview for PC technician/STORE MANAGER. I have 20+ years hands on experience repairing and working on PC's as well as database and MS Office experience. (I'm an older worker in my 50's). I was offered the job and was told the starting pay was $7.50 per hr / 30 hours per week. I politely declined and was re-offered $7.75 and told "In this day and age, That's a good salary". This is in New Hampshire also. I declined.

To summ it up, That store has gone thru 3 "managers" since I was offered the position. I wonder why. Possibly my age made them feel I was desperate.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Janice Schoenfeld in Farmington Hills, Michigan

66 months ago

Is that a real job or a scam posting? Isn't $6 below minimum wages in some areas? When it does not say anything like a general location (for you to determine if it is an easy commute from your area) or kind of company ie a Manufacturing or Non-profit etc. then it makes you wonder. A real posting would have something. Just imagine if it was in NYC and they just said a New York company is seeking an Administrative Assistant to do ... wouldn't you want to know Where?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Laid off in CT

66 months ago

I am amazed at what employer's and scammers are trying to get away with.
I had a call from an agent that wanted to place me at my prior employer. Well, the job was similar to my former job. My salary varied due to OT and bonus. from 68K-80K, they wanted to pay 18. I reminded them to take a look at my resume and that I know they job doesn't pay that amount and since they don't have to pay benefits, they needed to check the cost factor. Most these places are high-volume agents trying to stuff someone in for cheap to make a commission.

Then the other places with the part time jobs may be virtual jobs, that get posted all over. There are plenty of non-us parties who will work for low money since they are in other countries.

There are plenty of virtual assistants in India, etc.

This is part of the reason the economy is so bad. The US and big companies got big tax breaks to hire off-shore contractors for low money and the big break.

Now we are all paying for the "big break".

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.