Is it appropriate to apply for an administrative assistant position if you're from out-of-state?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Mark Williams in Athens, Ohio

62 months ago

I am having the hardest time finding a job in my town, and I really need to move away. My problem is that I haven't been able to find a job anywhere else either (I'm in public relations/have a bachelor's in journalism). I've never applied for administrative assistant work outside of the town that I am, but I am much more interested in admin assistant work than furthering my career in PR. However, I am not sure if it is appropriate to apply for out-of-state positions. For example, if I were applying for a higher up position such as an Account Executive in a PR firm, then applying for out as an out-of-state professional would be appropriate. Being that admin assistant work is considered to be at the bottom of the work ladder, I wasn't sure if it is possible to apply for these jobs and have a chance at getting it. Thanks for your help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

dovelet in Saint Louis, Missouri

62 months ago

Do you have friends or relatives in the "town" that you want to look for a job? If so, you'll need to use their address & possibly their phone number, otherwise most company's never hire out-of-town Administrative applicants especially if they think you are looking or need relocation assistance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.