Should I resign or stay?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Sammi in Northcote, Australia

50 months ago

The company I work for has three administrative assistants. Myself and two other female members. I was employed as a trainee but I will be completing my training course soon in July. The problem is there's hardly any work for me to do. The other girls get to do important tasks such as data entry and ringing up clients. As for me, it's just mail-outs and filings. Those tasks don't take long to do, and usually, I would end up sitting at my desk starring at the computer screen doing nothing. I even offered to help the girls out, but they refused my offer. I had raised this issue up with my boss, telling him that I would like more work to do. And what do you know, it's filing again. I feel like I'm not growing as a person. I'm not sure what is in my boss's mind. I feel totally insecure. I really feel like resigning. But on a second thought, I'm very scared about being unemployed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Are You Serious in Denver, Colorado

50 months ago

Sammi in Northcote, Australia said: The company I work for has three administrative assistants. Myself and two other female members. I was employed as a trainee but I will be completing my training course soon in July. The problem is there's hardly any work for me to do. The other girls get to do important tasks such as data entry and ringing up clients. As for me, it's just mail-outs and filings. Those tasks don't take long to do, and usually, I would end up sitting at my desk starring at the computer screen doing nothing. I even offered to help the girls out, but they refused my offer. I had raised this issue up with my boss, telling him that I would like more work to do. And what do you know, it's filing again. I feel like I'm not growing as a person. I'm not sure what is in my boss's mind. I feel totally insecure. I really feel like resigning. But on a second thought, I'm very scared about being unemployed.

I know you reside in Austrailia, I'm from the US, but check and see if there are programs in your country that are paid training, where you can update skills and hopefully find something, a little more enjoyable. I'm the same way, where I don't like to be clock watching at a job, I'm very task oriented and need to be busy.

Sammi in Northcote, Australia

50 months ago

In my company, we usually throw a farewell party when someone resigns. If I happen to resign now, it would be a very embarrassing moment for me because I would be unemployed and my colleagues will come up to me and ask me where I would be working for.
Can anyone come up will good suggestions in dealing with those nice, but nosy people?

just my op in Kent, Ohio

50 months ago

Your job is only as you make it! If you have run out of things to do, start something new. Ask yourself what could help my company as well as others within the company to do their job more adaquately, then come up with some ides to work on ie.. file clients name on a spread sheet and back up their file with hard copy or vise versa. Find what can make the boss more productive ie.. ask for some of his busy work or what he is workin on that you may be able to assist in, or take over.don't just sit there see if you can help others and if your boss would allow it.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.