Why do Employers repost ad

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Julie Ann in Park Ridge, Illinois

61 months ago

I have recently went on 2 interviews for separate companies and I have noticed that both of them were reposted online. I was told asked at the end of one of the interviews if I was interested in going on a second interview a week later and I agreed. She had to check with her boss for a time he was available, but wanted to make it for a day that the person who is currenly in that role would be out. Well that never happened, and when I called her to confirm the time, she told me that her boss wanted her to finish up with first interviews that week and she would be calling me next week, which is now, and this morning that same ad is now reposted. Telling me that I most likely will not be called for a second interview. What could have gone wrong?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Mary inTampa in Tampa, Florida

61 months ago

I know what went wrong. They're still shopping - for the right person - probably someone with a certain personality (timid, demure, easy to screw) or someone who will work at a certain price ($14.00).

It's a buyer's market out there in employment - a lot to choose from. Price is determined by supply and demand. There is a big supply and little demand - so the cheapest, most qualified gets the job.

Myself, I do not even send my resume for any job offering $10.00, $12.00 or $15.00 an hour.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Julie Ann in Park Ridge, Illinois

61 months ago

It seems like the interview went soo well. It was a lunch interview off site and it was almost 1.5 hours long. I think if it was up to her she would have hired me, but she had to discuss with her manager, who probably had other thoughts perhaps $. They did not give a salary range but wanted to know my salary history. Like most do now, some it is the first question on this list when they call back for a pre interview screen. I wish it would be like a retail or government job. The salary is x per hour or per year. If you are interested apply if not then don't. Then I think employers would get better candidates, because if they submit the resume, they are willing to work for x and the discussion can focus on the skills and fit instead of $ the root of all evil.

61 months ago

If it was a lunch interview offsite, that's not good. That means they're dumping the assistant who is there - while she is there, and they want a replacement before they dump her. It was an hour and a half simply because the manager wanted to enjoy the time out of the office. MOSTLY, IT IS TAX DEDUCTIBLE. Did you see if she paid with a Fed Ex card?

Do you really want to work for someone who would interview for a replacement while the old one is sitting there? I wouldn't. They would probably do the same thing to you. They did you a favor.

61 months ago

Not to get off topic, but when I was 23 I had lunch with a real good looking attorney I was physically attracted to. I got a free lunch - and he has gotten 25 years of free sex. For him, lunch was a good investment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.