To be the best...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

What are the top 3 traits or skills every administrative assistant must have to excel?

Can you suggest any tips or insights to develop your administrative assistant expertise?

Reply - Report abuse

CORETTA in Aiken, South Carolina

96 months ago

I THINK THE TOP 3 SKILLS WE AS ADMINS NEED ARE 1 ATTENTION TO DETAIL, 2, THE ABILITY TO MULTI TASK, 3, PATIENCE

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Patricia in Ottawa, Ontario

87 months ago

I think the top three skills are 1) having great telephone skills. My boss was very interested in finding someone who would give his clients a feeling of confidence when they called, someone they knew they could trust to pass the information along or get the answers they needed. 2) Organization skills. Some of the younger assistants I see coming on board are lacking organization skills. It is so important to be organized and have a system in place for finding things and bringing forward things that need to be acted on. 3) Good common sense and using that in day-to-day situations that come up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Anna in San Antonio, Texas

86 months ago

Three very essential skills in Administrative Assisting, are (1) multi-tasking, (2) being detail oriented, and (3) being very organized. Sometimes we carry the load of others.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.