Never Work For Kalitta!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

tony in Oscoda, Michigan

74 months ago

Bro, Call your local Flight Standards District Office, let THEM correct the poop going on there. Hang in there master mechanic! :-)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

dumbass in Oscoda, Michigan

74 months ago

totally worthless but in charge

Was there 6 months in Las Vegas, Nevada

73 months ago

I worked there for 6 months - 12 years ago. Nothing has changed! I was sick and tired of comments like - "Were only going to fly it another 6 months don't worry about that corrosion!" "Make it work!" "You don't need special tooling for that, just do it this way!" And the most used one of all. "Connie will be pissed if you don't!!" There was some good people working there. The problem is, there is about 2x as many hacks who think they are working on their cars under a shade tree. They make it really hard for the good ones. And thats why the good ones leave!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Douglas Wrench in Madison, Alabama

54 months ago

Times are definitely tough right now; Delta hires more and more "mechanics helpers" all the time. Corporations will always look for ways to cut costs. With airlines, aircraft maintenance is usually the biggest drain on the budget, so naturally, that's where they look to make the most cuts. Honestly, how intelligent and forward looking is that idea ?!?! What troubles me about working in transportation is auto mechanics out there are making more money than aviation mechanics (in some cases). You might say "what's the big deal with that", well, if we screw up as aviation mechanics hundreds of people will lose their lives as a result, the car pulls off the road, no big deal (unless Toyota,LOL). I think there is a big push right now, with very few exceptions (IE. UPS,Southwest,maybe Jet Blue),to lower the living wage of the A & P's in the field today . Not to sound discouraging, but I wouldn't recommend the field to anyone at this point. It was a good job years ago, but those days appear to be gone. I mean I know union A & P mechanics (Teamsters) who are making less than $19 per hour and have very few benefits (IE. AirTran); That's just pathetic ! I've been at it myself for about 34 years now between military and civilian aircraft. My last job was with ABX Air, I was laid off after 21 years when the DHL takeover destroyed the company; But it was not just me, thousands lost their jobs. So where do all these people go ??? They flood the aviation job market driving the wages DOWN. I mean, ABX is just a small example, there are lots of companies either laying off or have hiring freezes in effect. Like I say, times are tough, those of us looking will more than likely have to settle for a lower paying gig right now, but life goes on......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

johhny in Gulf Breeze, Florida

43 months ago

World Class fake diplomas, fake degrees, fake transcripst/scoresheets certificates maker for high school, college and university.

www.diplomareplacementservice.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Steve in Wyandotte, Michigan

37 months ago

Was there 6 months in Las Vegas, Nevada said: I worked there for 6 months - 12 years ago. Nothing has changed! I was sick and tired of comments like - "Were only going to fly it another 6 months don't worry about that corrosion!" "Make it work!" "You don't need special tooling for that, just do it this way!" And the most used one of all. "Connie will be pissed if you don't!!" There was some good people working there. The problem is, there is about 2x as many hacks who think they are working on their cars under a shade tree. They make it really hard for the good ones. And thats why the good ones leave!!!

Its the same through most areas of Aviation these days, no ones teaching the new guys, because most graduate knowing it all already...

Steve
Webmaster aircraftmechanic.org

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Steve in Wyandotte, Michigan

37 months ago

tony in Oscoda, Michigan said: Bro, Call your local Flight Standards District Office, let THEM correct the poop going on there. Hang in there master mechanic! :-)

All the FSDO will do is burn the mechanics, I even had a heart to heart with a former PMI who told me, that it is up to US, to sign, or not to sign, to pencil whip or not to pencil whip. Every company has a GMM or something similar, and they can say, you had the tools, the time, and they WANTED you to do it right, so they skate scott free, and some poor schmucks lose their ticket for buying into the substandard Standard.....

Plus companys have batteries of lawyers to fight the FAA, how many hours can a working guy like us afford against them?

Steve

rlm in Tyler, Texas

7 months ago

Was there 6 months in Las Vegas, Nevada said: I worked there for 6 months - 12 years ago. Nothing has changed! I was sick and tired of comments like - "Were only going to fly it another 6 months don't worry about that corrosion!" "Make it work!" "You don't need special tooling for that, just do it this way!" And the most used one of all. "Connie will be pissed if you don't!!" There was some good people working there. The problem is, there is about 2x as many hacks who think they are working on their cars under a shade tree. They make it really hard for the good ones. And thats why the good ones leave!!!

you got that right, i worked on his planes on the douglas rams team, all it was about was just fix it, unfortunately when the doughlas rams team is called in it links in with the faa since they have to buy off the fix so after a while they quit calling, earlier I do remember a complete disaster, they wanted a complete nose replacement on a dc-8 using an earlier dc-8 nose assy, some where they came up with the complete nose assy including all cockpit assys and wanted us to cut the plane into and reinstall the other part, believe it or not we did the job, a complete butcher job with an external doubler around the entire fwd fuselage.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.